Parking at Epcot and going to Magic Kingdom as first park (Park Hopper Pass)

scsiguru

Original Poster
We'll be in Florida for a few days next month and my wife and I are travelling with a friend who has never been to Disney (and probably won't have a chance again). We only have ONE day to see the park and he would like to visit Magic Kingdom and Epcot. We only have the option (due to our plans) of visiting for one day. We would like to visit Magic Kingdom first and then use the hopper to get to Epcot after 2 PM.

So here's my question. My wife and I have been to Disney World several times with our kids and about a year ago with our grandson. BUT, since this is only a one day trip we would like to park at Epcot and travel to Magic Kingdom first. What is the best (and fastest) way to get from Epcot parking to Magic Kingdom? We want to leave our vehicle at the Epcot parking lot since that is the park we will be leaving from to return to our Condo in Titusville. Thanks for any information and suggestions!

JoeCamel

We'll be in Florida for a few days next month and my wife and I are travelling with a friend who has never been to Disney (and probably won't have a chance again). We only have ONE day to see the park and he would like to visit Magic Kingdom and Epcot. We only have the option (due to our plans) of visiting for one day. We would like to visit Magic Kingdom first and then use the hopper to get to Epcot after 2 PM.

So here's my question. My wife and I have been to Disney World several times with our kids and about a year ago with our grandson. BUT, since this is only a one day trip we would like to park at Epcot and travel to Magic Kingdom first. What is the best (and fastest) way to get from Epcot parking to Magic Kingdom? We want to leave our vehicle at the Epcot parking lot since that is the park we will be leaving from to return to our Condo in Titusville. Thanks for any information and suggestions!
They have made that hard by moving the monorail behind security. You would have to enter Epcot then catch (hop) to the MK. Currently that is not an option with the reservation system. Park at TTC and tough it out when you leave Epcot later on or have an Uber meet you at Epcot and drive you over to the MK.

scsiguru

Original Poster
They have made that hard by moving the monorail behind security. You would have to enter Epcot then catch (hop) to the MK. Currently that is not an option with the reservation system. Park at TTC and tough it out when you leave Epcot later on or have an Uber meet you at Epcot and drive you over to the MK.
That's helpful information! If we park at Epcot and take an Uber to MK where does one get the Uber? Are there designated areas near the parking lot? Also, what would be an "average" cost of taking an Uber from Epcot to MK? If we use this option then we can use the monorail to get back to Epcot.

JaxFLBear

The entrance to the Epcot monorail station is after security BUT before the actual park entrance. So you don't have to tap into Epcot to board the monorail.

scsiguru

Original Poster
The entrance to the Epcot monorail station is after security BUT before the actual park entrance. So you don't have to tap into Epcot to board the monorail.

That's what I understood through this post . So we go through security at Epcot and then get directly onto the monorail to take us to MK? When we are ready to leave MK we will just take the monorail back to Epcot and use our hopper to get into Epcot and when we are done at Epcot we can proceed directly to our vehicle. Does this sound like it will work?

Worldlover71

This is correct. You park at Epcot, go through security, take the monorail to the TTC and then switch to the MK monorail. More fun (and cheaper) than Uber, and probably about the same amount of time to do so.

The only issue you might have is with different park opening times. If Epcot security opens later than MK, you might not get to MK as early as you would like. This only matters of you like to be there at rope drop or shortly thereafter.

JoeCamel

That's helpful information! If we park at Epcot and take an Uber to MK where does one get the Uber? Are there designated areas near the parking lot? Also, what would be an "average" cost of taking an Uber from Epcot to MK? If we use this option then we can use the monorail to get back to Epcot.
Yes you can ride the monorail back. I'm assuming you will be very early to Epcot to leave time to get to the MK?

Waiting for trip request at Epcot Center​

When picking up riders, follow these instructions for using the designated Uber lot at Epcot Center:

desk2x-4.png

• Please wait for requests in the cell phone lot (just north of the charter lot).
  • Once in the waiting area, you will automatically be placed into a virtual, first-in, first-out queue as long as you are online.
  • When matched, head over to the southeast corner of the Journey parking lot to meet your rider. The in-app navigation will direct you there.
  • Please remain with your vehicle at all times while picking up passengers.
That is the pickup location from the UBER handbook

JoeCamel

Parking at the MK in the morning then driving to EPCOT should more time efficient.
Back when I used to do this I would catch the first train to the TTC after parking in the first rows because it was so early, this was 10 years ago through. It was always uncertain if the train would run on time or if it would get me to the MK before the crowd. Most times it did but sometimes the trains just don't run.
I agree it would be better to park at TTC then deal with getting out of Epcot later.

ppete1975

Not sure if this would be possible but worth a try. Park at magic kingdom have fun park hop to epcot, then park hop back to magic kingdom for the fireworks

MickeyLuv'r

A couple thoughts...

1. if you are getting G+, you would be able to get more attractions starting in Epcot, then hopping to MK. Epcot's decent G+ tend to run out by mid-day, but MK still has quite a few options open mid-afternoon. Around noon-2pm you can start stacking MKpasses, but if you start at MK, by 2pm, there' isn't much left on Epcot. Like you might not get GoG. The MK fireworks are a highlight, but epcot is better for food.

2. I agree you would do better to start at MK/TTC then drive to Epcot. The parking at Epcot isn't that bad. If you arrive mid-day odds are high you'll still get a pretty good spot. but if you really want top parking spots, pay for the preferred parking. When you arrive at Epcot, you will get priority parking there as well.

monorail81

As a former monorail Pilot, I would suggest parking at MK and then driving over to EPCOT. It will give you more time for experiencing the parks. You‘ll waste a lot of time waiting for the transportation…

Goofyernmost

I was going to say that it doesn't make a lot of sense to have to check into Epcot before you can ride the monorail. I've done the park in Epcot and go to MK then finish my day at Epcot. Since both will be open at that time there is no danger of missing the monorail back to Epcot. If you want to see the fireworks at MK then do the opposite, but just look at the schedule and decide which direction or place you want to end your day in. Once you decide then it is an easy choice of whatever park you want to end your day in.
That's what I understood through this post . So we go through security at Epcot and then get directly onto the monorail to take us to MK? When we are ready to leave MK we will just take the monorail back to Epcot and use our hopper to get into Epcot and when we are done at Epcot we can proceed directly to our vehicle. Does this sound like it will work?
I did it that way many times. If I was going to end my day at MK I'd do the exact opposite. By the end of the day, if you are anything like me you do not want to have to wait for the monorail to get back to your car. Another bonus is that it is quicker to get out of Epcot at closing than MK.

Last edited:

Ayla

You don't actually go through the turnstiles into the park to get to the monorail, only through security.

CntrlFlPete

I once herd that the mini vans drop you at the MK (instead of at TTC). I imagine it cost more than an UBER, but if they are operating and drop you off MK that might be the best way to get there from Epcot's parking lot (and the costliest, yet most likely the fastest).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom