Park music

Popcorn

Original Poster
Hello all, I’m in need of some help trying to relocate lost park music mp3s. There used to be a site (blackbox blog) I think where a park music fan and collector posted tons of music from the parks in mp3 format. I have lost these files unfortunately and was wondering if anyone knew where to download them again. I know of mousebits but this was a totally different site with direct download zips. Many thanks for the help.

Popcorn

Last edited:

Popcorn

Original Poster
I’d definitely check out your drop box to see if there is anything I don’t have. I did get the wdw forever from mousebits, but that’s all I have other than pretty much ever commercial released cd from 1999 on.

Anybody know of these black box zip files I mentioned? There was so much great stuff and would love to have it back.

Popcorn

Original Poster
Have you tried mousebits.com? I haven't logged in for a while, but it still appears to be active.

Nick, as I mentioned in my first post, I have used mousebits and I actually have the disney forever project. This was something entirely different. It was a blog site that a disney music collector shared tons of park music in zip files. Some stuff I never heard before like a slowed down instrumental of great big beautiful tomorrow. It was really all great stuff.

I found an old hard drive and just ordered and usb to sata adapter. I'm hoping it's the hard drive I have the files on. If not, I'm afraid it's lost forever as I can't located it on any other drive, usb stick, or cd/dvd backup disk. If I do have the files on the hard drive, I will certainly share them with you guys.

The site I'm referring to was around probably back in 2002-2008 time range. I stumbled on it by watching a Disney trip video on youtube with a bunch of younger (late teen/early 20's) guys who took a trip to either Disneyland or Disney World (can't remember anymore) and all of his videos had great disney/disney park music in them. I posted a comment to see where he got all the music and he provided the link which I remember being black box blogspot. I really don't think I'll come across those videos again as I have searched for days on youtube and couldn't find it and I doubt I'll ever find the link to the blog.

TwilightZone

Nick, as I mentioned in my first post, I have used mousebits and I actually have the disney forever project. This was something entirely different. It was a blog site that a disney music collector shared tons of park music in zip files. Some stuff I never heard before like a slowed down instrumental of great big beautiful tomorrow. It was really all great stuff.
The most rare things my dropbox have are the first version of alien encounter, alternate communicore area music, journey into your imagination area music, and the rare extended version of epcot's version of papillon day- on the wings of the butterfly. Everything else is pretty normal. Hopefully that will fill the rare needs a little for you!

Cmdr_Crimson

no that's the original papillon, this is the epcot papillon.
that was what I was referring to, the full version of the epcot version of papillon. A lot of videos cut out the music box winding.

Ahh you meant the first 16 seconds that were cut off...Maybe it was due to it being so quiet it wasn't able to be heard in the plaza which is why we hear this version in the parks...

Popcorn

Original Poster
Just got home from work and plugged in my hard drive. Unfortunately nothing was on the disk, so it seems as though the files will be lost forever unless someone here chimes in and has the same files and will share or knows where they can now be downloaded from.

Popcorn

Original Poster
Sorry to double up, but I found a redit post from some time ago referring to a site called yeah Disney audios which had a “giant collection” of park music to download. Does anyone know anything about that? I looked it up and found a tumblr page that didn’t seem to have much information but seems to be the right place.

dreamfinder

Sorry to double up, but I found a redit post from some time ago referring to a site called yeah Disney audios which had a “giant collection” of park music to download. Does anyone know anything about that? I looked it up and found a tumblr page that didn’t seem to have much information but seems to be the right place.

I believe several months ago the author of that blog took it all offline. Not sure if they got a legal threat or just got tired of running the blog, but I recall seeing something posted about them getting a new job and the blog didn't go well with the job.

Mainahman

Just got home from work and plugged in my hard drive. Unfortunately nothing was on the disk, so it seems as though the files will be lost forever unless someone here chimes in and has the same files and will share or knows where they can now be downloaded from.
at all familiar with using a Linux live CD? If windows wont natively see it. you can download a free linux live cd, boot to it, and then plug in the drive. Ive saved lost data that way before for friends and clients. Its worth a shot

Popcorn

Original Poster
at all familiar with using a Linux live CD? If windows wont natively see it. you can download a free linux live cd, boot to it, and then plug in the drive. Ive saved lost data that way before for friends and clients. Its worth a shot

Windows saw the disk without problem, there just wasn’t really much data on it at all, I must have deleted pretty much everything on it and I wouldn’t have done that with the Disney music on it.

Since some people know about the yeah Disney audios blog, does anyone have files from it they could share?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom