Park Hopping and Fastpass+ ?

GrumpyFan

Original Poster
We were looking at a trip sometime in early spring, and were considering getting park hoppers since it might be a short one. I know that using MM+ doesn't allow you to get FP+ in more than one park per day, but is it possible to get FP+ in the park on the day of our visit?
For example: If we plan to go to MK for part of one day and used our FP+ reservations there via MM+, could we go to Epcot later and maybe get additional FP+ via the kiosks located in the park?
Has anybody tried this?

Weather_Lady

No. The kiosks are all linked to the same system as your online reservations. It would recognize that you'd already used FP+ that day in another park, and wouldn't permit you to make additional FP+ reservations in a second park using the kiosks.

(Obviously, if you made FP+ reservations in your first park but did not use them -- e.g., if you arrived and found that standby lines were shorter than you'd anticipated -- then you would allowed to change your "first park" FP+ reservations to the second park.)

Tom

Beta Return
No. The kiosks are all linked to the same system as your online reservations. It would recognize that you'd already used FP+ that day in another park, and wouldn't permit you to make additional FP+ reservations in a second park using the kiosks.

(Obviously, if you made FP+ reservations in your first park but did not use them -- e.g., if you arrived and found that standby lines were shorter than you'd anticipated -- then you would allowed to change your "first park" FP+ reservations to the second park.)

Correct.

To note....you can only cancel and re-book your FP+ in another park if you didn't use any of them in the first park. There is no scenario, unfortunately, where you can use FP+ in more than one park in any given day.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Correct.

To note....you can only cancel and re-book your FP+ in another park if you didn't use any of them in the first park. There is no scenario, unfortunately, where you can use FP+ in more than one park in any given day.

What if you convince a CM that he actually works at IaSW and not Soarin'? Then, he might go, "Oh, your fast pass is for my ride then. Don't know why it won't making the Mickey head circle work. Go right ahead. Odd....I had the name of this attraction wrong for the last 6 years."

joejccva71

This is a serious flaw with the FP+ system. (No. Don't turn this into a MM+/MM- debate. :D) They really need to come up with an option for this scenario.

Agreed. I honestly don't see the harm in being able to use your 3 FP+'s each day in any park you want. We're already getting limited to 3 a day. I don't see the big deal in letting us choose which parks/attractions we want to use them in. I mean there really isn't any reason to not let people do this.

JerseyDad

This is a serious flaw with the FP+ system. (No. Don't turn this into a MM+/MM- debate. :D) They really need to come up with an option for this scenario.

....any option that sidesteps their plan to 'spread' the crowd out and lock them into one park ...will not be entertained (ie: incentive to do multi-park days because FP are available in both). To do that ...would be an admission that the original plan / system ...wasn't working.

JerseyDad

Agreed. I honestly don't see the harm in being able to use your 3 FP+'s each day in any park you want. We're already getting limited to 3 a day. I don't see the big deal in letting us choose which parks/attractions we want to use them in. I mean there really isn't any reason to not let people do this.

....the reason is, that it doesn't allow their system to operate as planned. That's why ...even the DAS system ...is in actuality ...a FP+ in disguise. It's ALL about control and scheduling.

GrumpyFan

Original Poster

Thanks! This is kind of what I thought, or had heard, but I was hoping that maybe it had changed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom