Park Hopper or Reg Park Ticket???

cindrelly31

Original Poster
I am getting great responses to "Finally going back", so I thought I would try this question:

I want to get a 4-day Park Hopper ticket and to go to MK in the am and other parks in the afternoon. (Since I have to see my 2-yr old neice's expression of the castle.) Also to be able to go to other parks in a day.

My husband (who is not a "drifter" and likes to stay at one place all day) wants to get indiviual gate tickets and stay at one park all day until close. AND he has no plan to go to MK. He only plans on going to the parks for 3 days.

If we avoid the park-hopper ticket, we will save about $100 doing it his way. Of you many Disney Frequent Visitors, what would you recommend to someone who goes every 3-5 years??

Cassey D. :confused: :brick:

Firewolfe51

I would definitely go with the park hopper ticket. $100 is a lot of money, but hey, it is DISNEY WORLD. Is there a better way to spend your money? Hopefully your husband will change his mind once you get there. Not going to the MK, that is just un-disneylike!!!! Have a great time:D

no2apprentice

One thing your husband may want to consider is that by buying park hoppers, you're not really wasting the $100, you're just investing it. Park hoppers never expire. Any unused days can be used on your next trip, even if it's five years away. In fact, you'll probably save money the next time you go down because rates will have increased.

This type of logic comes from being married for 20 years to a woman who has me believing that it's wise to spend money to save money, if there's enough of a sale. :D

Mr Starky

no2apprentice said:
One thing your husband may want to consider is that by buying park hoppers, you're not really wasting the $100, you're just investing it. Park hoppers never expire. Any unused days can be used on your next trip, even if it's five years away. In fact, you'll probably save money the next time you go down because rates will have increased.

This type of logic comes from being married for 20 years to a woman who has me believing that it's wise to spend money to save money, if there's enough of a sale. :D
Actually, to get the "NO EXPIRATION OPTION". You have to pay extra. So it would end up being more than $100.00..

Theresonly1

I love the park hopper option. :sohappy: It is great if you can't get it all in or miss that show/parade you really wanted to watch. Especially since Animal Kingdom usually closer much earlier than the other parks.

what ever you decide, i'm sure you'll have a great time.

Nicole

Mr Starky said:
Actually, to get the "NO EXPIRATION OPTION". You have to pay extra. So it would end up being more than $100.00..

HOWEVER when this thread was started it did not cost extra.

shmmrname

We do the complete opposite as your proposed plan. MK is usually open the latest, so we tend to top our nights off there. Plus, the PH ticket allows you to make use of the monorail for great dinners at the linked hotels/parks without being too far away from a quick re-entry.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom