Paper FP?

OswaldTheRabbit

Original Poster
I have been off the site for a month and have no clue of paper FPs are still available.

We just decided today to go for Christmas week (21-29) and wasn't sure if it had changed.

We could still get them the first week of November.

Sorry for the repetition but I am in frantic planning now that we are going!

Btw- we have out MB and FP+ ressies already.

Thanks!

lilclerk

I see you have MBs and FP+. Which resort are you staying in? I think as of right now, all but the values still allow you to get paper FP. But that could change at any moment.

Last edited:

Minnie_girl

We will be in coronado springs! Fingers crossed we can get them.
75.gif

I hope you do...

Bob

Bo0bi3$
Premium Member
They still had them up through the beginning of this week. Take note that the CM's have now been instructed to try and keep people with MB/FP+'s from double dipping. I had to take off my MB each time that I wanted to get paper FP's in order to keep from being turned away.

OswaldTheRabbit

Original Poster
They still had them up through the beginning of this week. Take note that the CM's have now been instructed to try and keep people with MB/FP+'s from double dipping. I had to take off my MB each time that I wanted to get paper FP's in order to keep from being turned away.
Oh good to know! I will be sure to do that.

They started to tier the FP for Hollywood studios. You can't get TOT, TSMM and RnR anymore. You have to choose 1 from category 1 which has both TSMM and RnR.

Donal Duck

Anyone have an update on the paper FP's ?
I'm staying at POR after Christmas.

I heard that the old paper FP machines have been covered up in the AK.

Hope that isn't true.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Anyone have an update on the paper FP's ?
I'm staying at POR after Christmas.

I heard that the old paper FP machines have been covered up in the AK.

Hope that isn't true.
That is true. It is a test, supposedly...but personally I don't think they are coming back unless the test completely crashes and burns.

Dustinius

What do you mean by "limited to the kiosks"? What kiosks and where? I am going in February for the first time and am staying offsite. I used the fastpasses all the time last year in DL.
I spent a %#* load on 5 day hoppers for my family, and am getting pretty nervous and somewhat irate that the offsite guests are going to suffer and are not being given the same opportunities as the on site guests.

luv

The paper machines in the AK are a thing of the past. You must now use your tickets at kiosks in the park to get the virtual FP+ thing...assuming they have some. As was always the case, quantities are limited...but now people can book them early, so when the park opens, a lot of them have already been claimed.

I think they'll be pulling the paper machines out of the other parks soon.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
The kiosks are located where the fastpass machines are. In the MK, a ''kiosk'' was an iPad mounted on a former fastpass machine.

lilclerk

If you have MB's but are not participating in FP+ can you still get Paper FP? I know this probably sounds dumb!:banghead:
It's not stupid, it's pretty confusing right now =)

As of today, you can still get paper FPs in all the parks except Animal Kingdom unless you're staying in a value resort (or, I'm guessing, if your tickets are not linked to your KTTW card.) But that could change at any time. Personally, I wouldn't plan on using paper FP from here on out just in case, and be happy if it's still there when you get there.

Dustinius

I noticed that they are not posting fast pass times on the Disney App for MK or many of the popular rides. Why is this if they are still distributing paper fp's? I sure wish they would have advertised that they were doing this fp+ crap. Had I known I would have either stayed on site or gone to DL.

RonAnnArbor

First of all, there's a lot of misinformation all over here so relax...
You do NOT need a magic band to use FP+ inside the parks. The Fastpasses basically work exactly the same way, except you go to a Kiosk, touch your magic band (or your RFID ticket for Annual Passholders and/or those staying offsite) and make your fastpass selections. I tested this last week and EVERY ATTRACTION had day-of fastpasses available. Times were somewhat more limited than what those of us who had pre-selected online had available a month earlier...this will be tighter during Christmas week of course.
What has changed is that with parkhoppers, you can ONLY use your fastpasses in one park per day -- you can still hop as much as you want. Simply do the headliners in your first park first without fastpasses (except for holiday peak weeks, you can do the headliners in 90 minutes in all the parks at park opening) and save your fastpass+ reservations for the second (or third) park that you visit.
Last week, by the way, all the paper fastpasses were available -- this week they have eliminated those at DAK -- that is still in testing and most likely will NOT be the case at the other parks until after the holidays. You should be able to get all the paper fastpasses you want during your Dec 21-29 trip in all parks except DAK.
As to times being posted, the Disney sight has NEVER had accurate times -- they post what the ride/attractions actually shows which doesn't match reality re: stacked times, etc. If you want accurate times, get the Lines app from TouringPlans.com...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom