Pandora for 4 yr old?

marge

Original Poster
we will go to ak for 1 day (maybe only half day even) and we will have our 4 yr old daughter and nanna with us. she will not be tall enough for fop and nanna doesn't want to get wet (haha!!) should we really just skip Pandora? I myself would absolutely love to see fop, but can't expect my family to wait for me with how long the line would be or to use a fp+ instead of something we could all do. thoughts?

Amos1784

we will go to ak for 1 day (maybe only half day even) and we will have our 4 yr old daughter and nanna with us. she will not be tall enough for fop and nanna doesn't want to get wet (haha!!) should we really just skip Pandora? I myself would absolutely love to see fop, but can't expect my family to wait for me with how long the line would be or to use a fp+ instead of something we could all do. thoughts?

The boat ride in Pandora, Navi River Journey is perfect for the demographics of your group. There is absolutely no getting wet on it, it is a peaceful boat ride through scenes. You can always book your three fast passes do those and then if you are still in the park try and grab yourself 1 fast pass for Flight of Passage. Best thing is to just keep refreshing the app, with one you might get lucky with a cancellation. Keep in mind this is rare but it has happened for our party of two a couple times. If your going to AK, at least a walk through of Pandora is necessary in my opinion.

Trackmaster

I've never taken kids that young to a park before, but I've been wondering if any parents have ever had any issues with kids not being able to sit still, or getting bored on any of the boat rides or continuously loading slow dark rides? I know that when I was a kid I always had trouble sitting still, and still do. It might be nerve wracking to see your kid wanting to stand up and move around on those kinds of rides.

Weather_Lady

I've never taken kids that young to a park before, but I've been wondering if any parents have ever had any issues with kids not being able to sit still, or getting bored on any of the boat rides or continuously loading slow dark rides? I know that when I was a kid I always had trouble sitting still, and still do. It might be nerve wracking to see your kid wanting to stand up and move around on those kinds of rides.

No - the attractions offer enough to delight the eye and ear that getting bored during the attraction has never been an issue for us, even when the kids were very small. Only if there's a significant delay to disembark at the end of the attraction (e.g., when the "small world" boats get backed up for several minutes) or a large delay during one (e.g., Haunted Mansion is stopped constantly - and we always seem to be facing a blank wall when it happens, LOL) have we ever had to keep an extra hand on the kids to help them keep still, or engaged them in whispered chit-chat to keep them distracted.

Trackmaster

No - the attractions offer enough to delight the eye and ear that getting bored during the attraction has never been an issue for us, even when the kids were very small. Only if there's a significant delay to disembark at the end of the attraction (e.g., when the "small world" boats get backed up for several minutes) or a large delay during one (e.g., Haunted Mansion is stopped constantly - and we always seem to be facing a blank wall when it happens, LOL) have we ever had to keep an extra hand on the kids to help them keep still, or engaged them in whispered chit-chat to keep them distracted.

I feel like even now as an adult I end up wanting to fidget and get bored on those continuously loading 2 MPH rides.

TinkerTara

I found Na'vi River Journey to be an amazing relaxing ride. There is no getting wet on that ride. The colors of the bioluminescent rainforest are truly breathtaking. This would be perfect for your whole family in my opinion. The Flight of Passage ride is one you do not want to miss if you enjoy those types of rides. Before I rode it for the first time it was described to me as Soarin on steroids. It is fun and exhilarating, so unique. I was so glad I was able to experience it. Maybe the rest of the family can go see the Lion King show while you ride Flight of Passage. I would absolutely walk through the area and experience it even if you choose to skip the rides. There are some great picture locations here too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom