Pandamonium Cartoon Circus

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
This stage show has been such a mystery to me as I have tried to look High & Low for anything about it....All I know is that it was a character show that involved the Toons being in a circus that was in the theater that has been closed Between Toon Lagoon and Marvel Super Hero Island...Rumors of a Secret life of Pets ride is to be put there but, getting back to the point...Does anyone happen to know of any clips, or other things about this show? The only thing that came up was this odd Youtube video with apparently a photo of the cast of the show..So I just put picture up instead...
hqdefault.jpg

A Stilt walking Ringmaster at the entrance...
ioathennow2_cartooncircus2000ww.jpg

The only other thing there's anything about the theater was during the filming of the Opening week of IoA on the Rosie O'Donnell show.
found on Angelfire...
MeRosie.jpg

They filmed all week at the Toon Lagoon Amphitheater and all the characters from Pandamonium do appear on a finale musical number...Go to 1:55 to get to the finale number...

Last edited:

JT3000

I did some hunting for this recently and didn't find much of anything either. It is amazing that something less than 20 years old that ran a year in a major theme park left such a small footprint on the web.

Maybe they just prefer to forget it. ;) On a more serious note, it probably doesn't help that all of the Universal fansites closed down. There were quite a few of them in the early-mid 2000's, but they all eventually went the way of the dodo (no, I'm not counting OU.) A lot of Universal content that once existed on the web simply hasn't survived.

Last edited:

Jakewimzy

I had only seen it once when it opened. It was pretty much a circus themed show with many different cartoon characters performing or creating chaos.

The real ringmasters were Rocky and Bullwinkle. Boris and Natasha were there to try and stop Rocky and Bullwinkle leading to a finally where Boris is blown up by an old fashioned dynamite cannonball.

The only so called stunt I remember from the show was the Popeye act. It involved Olive Oyl trying to walk a tight rope. Then all of sudden Bluto appears and tries to kidnap her. Popye then shows up on the rope. But Bluto intensifies things by lighting a match and makes a fire beneath them (not a real fire). They scuffle, and Popeye wins by eating some spinach and knocking Bluto out.

lebeau

Maybe they just prefer to forget it. ;) On a more serious note, it probably doesn't help that all of the Universal fansites closed down. There were quite a few of them in the early-mid 2000's, but they all eventually went the way of the dodo (no, I'm not counting OU.) A lot of Universal content that once existed on the web simply hasn't survived.

I have wondered about that. If Disney puts out a new cupcake, there are 100s of bloggers falling all over themselves to be the first one to post pictures of the sprinkles. But at Universal, information can be scarce. Why has social media exploded around Disney and apparently imploded around Universal?

JT3000

I have wondered about that. If Disney puts out a new cupcake, there are 100s of bloggers falling all over themselves to be the first one to post pictures of the sprinkles. But at Universal, information can be scarce. Why has social media exploded around Disney and apparently imploded around Universal?

Disney simply has much more rabid fans. Universal fans like the place, but most don't obsess over it to the same degree. Also, back when Universal's online presence was at its height, the fans, including the webmasters, trended younger and had more time to dedicate to the parks. They (we?) were basically never replaced for whatever reason.

figmntal95

Haven't posted in here in years, but just wanted to update this thread to say that someone is currently in the process of uploading clips and audio of this show to YouTube. The video quality isn't the best, but they are apparently working to find better video.

Here's the link to the latest upload:

OG Runner

A number of the YouTube contributors appear to spend more time at Universal than at Disney. I am pretty sure I have seen just about every nut and bolt attached going into the construction of the Velocicoaster.

lebeau

A number of the YouTube contributors appear to spend more time at Universal than at Disney. I am pretty sure I have seen just about every nut and bolt attached going into the construction of the Velocicoaster.
Things like Velocicoaster do attract a lot of attention. I think that's to be expected. It's the most exciting thing going on on Orlando right now.

While Uni has been getting more attention on YouTube than when I posted my original comment two years ago, I still maintain that there is nowhere near the day-to-day obsession on social media like there is with Disney. If Disney releases a limited edition popcorn bucket, Twitter loses its mind.

OG Runner

Things like Velocicoaster do attract a lot of attention. I think that's to be expected. It's the most exciting thing going on on Orlando right now.

While Uni has been getting more attention on YouTube than when I posted my original comment two years ago, I still maintain that there is nowhere near the day-to-day obsession on social media like there is with Disney. If Disney releases a limited edition popcorn bucket, Twitter loses its mind.

What there is a new limited edition popcorn bucket?!??! Where? How do I get one??!?! What is it shaped like?
I don't care, I need it!!! (sort of like that?) :D

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
Just found out that a few months ago someone had posted an entire show..This give you a better look at how the show was done..

Source audio of the Opening Number

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom