Packing

heather_ette

Original Poster
I know this has been asked a million times, but any tips on what to bring with me? I am driving over so I can take whatever I need. And does anyone know if there is room for storage underneath the bed? Thanks!

aquarian_256

I would start with the packing list that Disney has on the website, the one that you can log into where you accepted the offer. That is a great place to start. But for a quick list off the top of my head.

1) Twin Size Sheet
2) Bathroom Linens
3) Toiletries
4) Lock (Pad or combo for the lockers if you have things you want to lock up)
5) Alarm Clock (Dont want to be late for work)
6) Money (Dont get paid till 2nd week)
7) Drivers License (Guess u will have that seeing u are driving)
8) Documentation for USA employment (There is a list that says (1) thing from list A or (1) thing from B and C) (i.e. Drivers License and SS Card is (1) from B and (1) from C)
9) The paperwork in "The Purple Folder" (incase something happens)
10) Casual / Dress Cloths

That is 10 things I can think of. I would say anything that you seem to have or need on a day to day bases at home, you may want to bring that with you. The website they provide that you logged into the accept has alot of information of what to being, what to do, and what not before you go. Thats a great place to start.

Storage under bed Question. If I remember right, they do have access to under the bed. They are not the beds like in college dorms that are on the posts where u can raise them high to get alot of extra space under, they are just standard twin beds that have about 1ft clearance.

TiggersPooh

I would be sure to bring hangars

Like mentioned before bring a LOCK! I made sure to lock up all my DVDs, CDs and camera in the locker. Theft does happen so protect yourself.

Tinkrbell

are we allowed to hang things up on the walls (wall tacks ect?)
They prefer that you get a cork board & tack stuff up on that. (they kept saying at the housing orientation meeting,"we'd rather have to deal with a few holes rather than a lor of them.")

I have 3 posters on my walls & all of those are up with the 3M poster tape stuff (I dont know what its really called, but its not supposed to stain the wall or take paint off) That hasnt been holding up recently (its been up since August) so Ive been using masking tape & they didnt say anything about it when we had inspection a few weeks ago.

TheBeatles

Bring a proof of insurance for the car with YOUR name on it. My car was under my Dad's name and they wouldn't give me a parking pass until paper work was faxed with my name on it.

Tinkrbell

The inspections are about every month-month & a half. I got here the end of August. The first inspection was the middle of Sept. & the second one was the end of October. We didnt have any after that till our program was supposed to end. I extended my program to stay till May. There was an inspection about 3 weeks ago & we have another in 2 weeks. They are mostly looking that the apartment is clean & tidy. They give you a list when you get here of what you should clean before inspection. It's usually not that big of deal. They post the dates for the inspections by the bus stops & at the security gate a few weeks before the inspection.

heather_ette

Original Poster
What kitchen stuff should I bring with me? I like to cook, do they have like spatulas, ect.. I know they do not have tupperware, toaster, coffee maker...

WDWFanatic4

I was there from May to Janurary and only had 2 normal inspections and then a final one right before we moved out. Also regarding the car insurance, my dad's name is on the paperwork, but they never said a thing when I showed it to them, But I brought just incase a letter from our insurance company to prove that I was covered under the insruance that is all they need. You do not have to change the name on the form, jsut have a letter saying that you are covered under the same plan.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom