Overhaul-a-park

Sneakman

Original Poster
Are you disappointed with the way a park is now, or the way an overhaul went? (Looking at you Epcot and dca since Pixar pier). Think YOU could overhaul an existing park to be better than it is? Want to shove an obscure ip that you want to see at wdw for yourself for personal gain? (More power to you). Than step right up! This is a thread where people can overhaul existing parks, to the limit of their imaginations! You can redo past park overhauls, cancelled park overhauls, or make your own! Wether small or big, here you can mold any existing park around the world into the park you want it to be! Feel free to put stuff here.

Miru

I’d like to give overhauls to EVERY Disney park at some point (or at least ODL & WDW), especially given recent controversy, but there’s also…

ISLANDS OF ADVENTURE

(2.0)

The 2.0 version of Islands of Adventure is made in a partial-joint-effort with Disney to help alleviate the Marvel/Simpsons rights snafu, overcoming the hurdles between the companies so that Universal loses Marvel but gains total access to almost (bar Avatar of course) all Fox/Touchstone/ABC IP, including exclusive rights to some like Die Hard. (Alien/Predator are also at Cedar Fair for their Halloween stuff) Shedding Marvel, despite being the loss of a well-liked land, is part of creating one of Universal’s biggest islands to date. When you start at the Port of Entry, the place hasn’t seemed to change much at first, but you do notice that the directory to the lands has been updated to show off the new roster, as soon as you see the map; an entire two lands have been struck from the record, settled their differences, and became one; Toon Lagoon and Marvel Super Hero Island have been laid to rest, their broken remains becoming Weekly Shonen Jump Island, a sprawling megaland based on the iconic IP of Weekly Shonen Jump from its inception all the way to the present day, in a wide variety of rides & attractions. Seuss Landing still stands in spite of the controversy, but has been expanded to add a little more variety, such as a museum or Dr. Seuss artifacts over the years (even discussing the darker aspects of Seuss’s career on the top floor) & a Mt. Crumpet coaster. Jurassic Park is also still present, having a new area called SITE B, to represent the “middle films”. Hogsmeade is as hearty as ever too, but new to the island chain is Black Box Frontiers, home of the darker Nintendo IPs such as Zelda and Metroid that wouldn’t fit in SNW or have their own lands like Pokemon, forming an interesting lineup of Epic Universe having Mario-universe stuff, Pokemon in Studios (alongside a few others like Kirby, Splatoon, etc), and the darker IP at IOA. A transport system of boats has also been added along the lake, sort of like the Disneyland Railroad, taking riders to stations at Hogsmeade & Jurassic Park.

Weekly Shōnen Jump Island

This new mega-island is based on Weekly Shōnen Jump and its myriad IP, contemporary, classic, & otherwise (though not every IP is included, more obscure Japan-only stuff is left out for example, & even a series as notable as KochiKame gets very little due to its lack of global appeal), replacing two former lands & combining them into one mass. This overhaul has outright replaced some attractions while retheming others.

Last edited:

Sneakman

Original Poster
Coming soon! My vision for a long term overhaul plan for DHS! Get ready for The Animation Courtyard replacement, the retheme of RNRC, and my vision for a solution to the star tours/muppets problem

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
trying to make a new muppet ride to replace star tours as SWGE will get a third ride in this project.
Sweet GIF

Brer Panther

I guess I'll start with Hollywood Studios.

First, I'd rename the park "Disney's Hollywoodland" and give it more of a focus: the front half if focused on movie making and the Hollywood of yesteryear, the back half is about taking you into those movies.

Hollywood Boulevard
- Gut Runaway Railway for a new version of The Great Movie Ride.
- Bring back the Citizens of Hollywood.

Echo Lake
- The Hyperion Theater and its Frozen Sing-Along is replaced by a new version of The Magic of Disney Animation, with a new film starring Jodi Benson and Mickey Mouse (similar to Back to Neverland, Jodi actually becomes an animated character and throughout the show she and Mickey switch back and forth between hand-drawn, CGI, and stop-motion) and similar post-show experiences.
- The Mickey Shorts Theater/Path of the Jedi thing, Stunt Spectacular, Star Tours, and everything in between are turned into an Indiana Jones-themed land, with a version of Indiana Jones Adventure and some other attraction.

Grand Avenue
- The entire land is now Muppet Studios, starring the Muppets.
- PizzeRizzo is turned into my dark ride pitch The Great Gonzo's Daredevil Academy.
- Mama Melrose's is turned into a Swedish Chef restaurant taking inspiration from the never-built Gonzo's Pandemonium Pizza Parlor.
- Stage One Company Store is renamed Walter's Muppet Memorabilia (the name always struck me as a bit odd and generic).
- If there's room for a flat ride (a Muppet carousel, maybe?) and an ImageWorks-esque Muppet Labs playground, add them.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge
- Since nobody cares about the sequel trilogy, retheme Galaxy's Edge to the original trilogy that everybody loves. I feel like most of it could remain as is more or less... Rise of the Resistance could just swap out the sequel trilogy characters for original trilogy characters. Maybe move Star Tours here, too?

Toy Story Land
- Add a few more flat rides, assuming there's room. It'd add capacity and give the park more for kids to do.

Animation Courtyard
- The entire land becomes Monstropolis. Walt Disney Presents (now renamed "The Walt Disney Story") is moved to the Magic Kingdom. Voyage of the Little Mermaid becomes the new home of the Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor.
- Launch Bay is gutted and turned into a dark ride a la Tokyo's Ride and Go Seek.
- Disney Junior Dance Party becomes a Harryhausen's restaurant.

Sunset Boulevard
- Put a new show in the Beauty and the Beast theater.
- I don't know what to do with Rock 'n' Roller Coaster... maybe get Weird Al involved? Everybody likes Weird Al.

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
I guess I'll start with Hollywood Studios.

First, I'd rename the park "Disney's Hollywoodland" and give it more of a focus: the front half if focused on movie making and the Hollywood of yesteryear, the back half is about taking you into those movies.

Hollywood Boulevard
- Gut Runaway Railway for a new version of The Great Movie Ride.
- Bring back the Citizens of Hollywood.

Echo Lake
- The Hyperion Theater and its Frozen Sing-Along is replaced by a new version of The Magic of Disney Animation, with a new film starring Jodi Benson and Mickey Mouse (similar to Back to Neverland, Jodi actually becomes an animated character and throughout the show she and Mickey switch back and forth between hand-drawn, CGI, and stop-motion) and similar post-show experiences.
- The Mickey Shorts Theater/Path of the Jedi thing, Stunt Spectacular, Star Tours, and everything in between are turned into an Indiana Jones-themed land, with a version of Indiana Jones Adventure and some other attraction.

Grand Avenue
- The entire land is now Muppet Studios, starring the Muppets.
- PizzeRizzo is turned into my dark ride pitch The Great Gonzo's Daredevil Academy.
- Mama Melrose's is turned into a Swedish Chef restaurant taking inspiration from the never-built Gonzo's Pandemonium Pizza Parlor.
- Stage One Company Store is renamed Walter's Muppet Memorabilia (the name always struck me as a bit odd and generic).
- If there's room for a flat ride (a Muppet carousel, maybe?) and an ImageWorks-esque Muppet Labs playground, add them.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge
- Since nobody cares about the sequel trilogy, retheme Galaxy's Edge to the original trilogy that everybody loves. I feel like most of it could remain as is more or less... Rise of the Resistance could just swap out the sequel trilogy characters for original trilogy characters. Maybe move Star Tours here, too?

Toy Story Land
- Add a few more flat rides, assuming there's room. It'd add capacity and give the park more for kids to do.

Animation Courtyard
- The entire land becomes Monstropolis. Walt Disney Presents (now renamed "The Walt Disney Story") is moved to the Magic Kingdom. Voyage of the Little Mermaid becomes the new home of the Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor.
- Launch Bay is gutted and turned into a dark ride a la Tokyo's Ride and Go Seek.
- Disney Junior Dance Party becomes a Harryhausen's restaurant.

Sunset Boulevard
- Put a new show in the Beauty and the Beast theater.
- I don't know what to do with Rock 'n' Roller Coaster... maybe get Weird Al involved? Everybody likes Weird Al.
You get a thumbs up from me about the muppets area, even tho the ride idea is a bit out of the ordinary but I do like when park ideas are not the status quo (I do that from time to time).

Brer Panther

You get a thumbs up from me about the muppets area, even tho the ride idea is a bit out of the ordinary but I do like when park ideas are not the status quo (I do that from time to time).
Oh, I know there's no way Disney would actually DO my Muppets dark ride pitch. If they ever actually DID build a Muppets dark ride, I know it would be trackless and park the riders in front of a screen for a good chunk of it.

WaltWiz1901

Let's see what I can cook. Gonna start off with an expansion project that should've turned out much better than it ended up being...

New Fantasyland

(Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World Resort)

Anything bolded is new from when the project was announced (2009). Years later in this timeline, a second expansion is slated to connect Fantasyland with what lies “Beyond Big Thunder Mountain”, but what that is is a story for a different time...
Attractions
  • “it’s a small world” - exterior and queue are redone
  • Peter Pan’s Flight - overhauled with new special effects, a new exterior, and slightly larger four-seater ships
  • Sleeping Beauty’s Spell - C-ticket busbar dark ride; replaces Snow White’s Scary Adventures
  • The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh - overhauled with new special effects
  • Ariel’s Undersea Adventure/Journey of the Little Mermaid - E-ticket LPS (trackless) dark ride
  • Mr. Toad’s Motor Mania - E-ticket slot car dark ride; replaces the Tomorrowland Speedway
  • Seven Dwarfs Mine Train - the originally budgeted longer version of the ride
  • Mickey’s PhilharMagic
  • The Barnstormer - rethemed
  • Dumbo the Flying Elephant - moved and doubled for capacity
  • Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
  • Mad Tea Party
  • Casey Jr. Splash ‘n’ Soak Station
  • Walt Disney World Railroad - Fantasyland Station - replaces the Toontown Fair WDWRR station

Entertainment
  • Enchanted Tales with Belle
  • Ariel’s Grotto - moved to the exit of Journey of the Little Mermaid
  • Pete’s Silly Sideshow
  • Princess Palace - two-level meet-and-greet building built where the Fairytale Gardens reside (behind Pooh)

Dining
  • Cinderella’s Royal Table
  • Pinocchio Village Haus
  • The Friar’s Nook
  • Storybook Treats
  • Cheshire Café
  • Mad Hatter’s Tea Hall - replaces Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café
  • Be Our Guest Restaurant
  • Gaston’s Tavern

Shopping
  • Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
  • Castle Couture
  • Sir Mickey’s
  • Fantasy Faire
  • Hundred Acre Goods
  • Bonjour! Village Gifts
  • Big Top Souvenirs
  • Casey Jr. Railroad Mercantile

Last edited:

Bryan_the_Imagineer

Time to enter my hat into the ring.

Magic Kingdom

Main Street U.S.A
-The WDWR receives new show scenes, more scenic views, as well as new trains like Disneyland's where the seats face towards the park only.
-The Town Square Theater Meet-N-Greet closes, and a new omnimover called One Man's Dream replaces it.
-Main Street Theater becomes a functioning theater again.

Adventureland
-Magic Carpets of Aladdin gets demolished, with a new courtyard built around it with seating areas and of course, shading around it.
-Fire Mountain gets built in the expansion space with a new S.E.A theme.

Frontierland
-Tiana receives a major overhaul with a altered storyline featuring Dr. Faciler and upgrades to the existing scenes.
-Big Thunder Mountain Railroad goes on a refurbishment with new track and a new finale.
-The Davy Crockett canoes return with a new load station near BTMR.
-Beyond BTMR, There will be a Thunder Mesa style sub-land with a new version of Western River Expedition along with a new splash pad.

(New Land) Discovery Bay
The Rivers of America will be shortened, and a new land based on the scrapped Tony Baxter project will be built within with:
-The Long-Awaited return of 20K Under the Sea.
-A Balloon ride based on Voyage to the Mysterious Island.
-A Nautilus Restaurant.
-A shooting dark ride called the Fireworks Factory.

Liberty Square
-The Keel Boats return to Liberty Square (of course with new safety enchantments)
-The Hatbox Box gets moved to the attic scene where it belongs.

Fantasyland
-Destroy the cheap 60s Tents in the Castle Courtyard section with a Bavarian Village theme similar to Disneyland.
-Peter Pan's Flight gets an extended track, new vehicles (similar to Paris & Shanghai), new animatronics and projections to complement with the existing scenes.
-Mickey's Phillarmagic closes and gets replaced with a Cinderella Dark Ride.
-Princess Fairytale Hall gets demolished and a new dark ride called Sleeping Beauty's Dream opens in the space.
-A new section of Fantasyland Forest opens up behind the B&TB Restrooms with 2 Sub-Lands, which include:
  • A Tangled themed land with a similar version of RTA from DisneySea replicated as well as a clone of the Snuggly Ducking and of course, the iconic restrooms.
  • A Frozen themed area with a expanded and improved version of Frozen Ever After build
-A New Alice in Wonderland and Mr. Toad dark ride are built in the Northeastern half of the Speedway.
-A Retheme of CRSC into a Queen of Hearts quick service.
-A new version of Casey Jr Circus Train gets built in the spot of the yellow tent along with a new flat ride to complement it in the Splash Zone section.

(New Land) Shadowlands
This new land built behind the Haunted Mansion (with a walkway connecting it to LS & DB) will include:
-The trackless dark ride: Villainous (which Park Lore made for his Reimagined MK)
-A relocated Mad Tea Party with a new Oogie Boogie theme to it.
-New Shopping and Dining.

Tomorrowland:
-Monster Inc. Laugh Floor will be gone and replaced by a new version of the Timekeeper, fitting in with the new retro-futuristic theme of Tomorrowland.
-The SGE building will have a new tenant with a new walkthrough attraction where you can make your own robot.
-A New Quick Service Restaurant in the rest of the TS area (This will be the new home of our boi, Sonny Eclipse)
-The PeopleMover gets new scenes replacing the Chessy 90s ones we have now.
-Buzz Lightyear gets an overhaul upgrading it and adding a new storyline and new laser guns.
-A New Wall-E ride will be built on the former site of the Galaxy Palace Stage.
-A new, much more permanent stage is built replacing the Skyway Restrooms.
-Space Mountain gets upgraded a new track, ride score, and improved lightning effects.
-The TRON Vehicles will be upgraded with a new, much fat-friendly restraints and more disabled back seats.

WaltWiz1901

At it again with another Fantasyland redo...

New Fantasyland

(Tokyo Disneyland, Tokyo Disney Resort)

Like always, anything bolded is new from when the project was announced (in this case, 2014). In this timeline, TDL!Fantasyland grows as it did IRL and as was initially announced - and then some, annexing not only the Grand Prix Raceway and its surrounding area of Tomorrowland, but Toontown as well (but Mickey and friends still have a pretty big presence here to make up for it).
Attractions
  • Haunted Chateau - overhaul of the Haunted Mansion
  • Wacky Wonderland Whirl - D+/E-ticket spinning coaster or dark ride; replaces the original version of “it’s a small world”
  • Pooh’s Hunny Hunt
  • Enchanted Tale of Beauty and the Beast - E-ticket LPS (trackless) dark ride
  • “it’s a small world” - moved and upgraded two-level version of the classic attraction, with two different ways to ride: the traditional boat ride on the first level and a suspended hot air balloon ride on the second
  • Rapunzel’s Lantern Festival - D-ticket boat ride, the same attraction as was ultimately built in Tokyo DisneySea’s Fantasy Springs IRL
  • Mickey’s Quick Carts - D-ticket family coaster based on Mickey and the Beanstalk
  • Peter Pan’s Flight - in the not-so-distant future, to avoid redundancy with a new Neverland port in DisneySea, an AristoCats dark ride replaces PPF
  • Snow White’s Adventures - exterior is redone
  • Pinocchio’s Daring Journey
  • Mickey’s PhilharMagic - exterior is redone
  • Dumbo the Flying Elephant - redone with 16 elephants and a new base
  • Castle Carousel
  • Alice’s Tea Party
  • Cinderella’s Fairy Tale Hall

Entertainment
  • Fantasyland Forest Theatre
  • Mickey’s Tailor Shoppe - meet-and-greet, connected to a gift shop
  • Minnie’s Cottage - meet-and-greet

Dining
  • Queen of Hearts Banquet Hall
  • Captain Hook’s Galley
  • Troubadour Tavern
  • Magical Market
  • Village Pastry
  • Cleo’s
  • La Taverne de Gaston
  • LeFou’s
  • “small world” bistro
  • The Snuggly Duckling

Shopping
  • The Glass Slipper
  • Kingdom Treasures
  • Baby Mine
  • Pleasure Island Candies
  • Pooh Corner
  • La Belle Librairie
  • Little Town Traders
  • Bonjour Gifts
  • The Brave Little Tailor

Last edited:

Sneakman

Original Poster
I decided to go a different route than most. Instead of giving a whole new land to DHS like so many have done (and is most likely happening), instead i am doing my version of an update to all of the “Hollywood that never was” section of the park! (Echo Lake, Sunset Boulevard, Hollywood Boulevard). I intend to make new additions, update existing ones, and overall make that section of the park not a concrete jungle. Some of this is attempted to be realistic, while others are an “if I could do anything” type of vibe.

Sneakman’s “New Golden Age Hollywood”
GENERAL FACADE UPDATES

Many of the remaining “Soundstage” Facades for attractions remaining in the long haul get exterior updates. This includes:

Walt Disney Presents gets an exterior inspired by the Disney Animation Building

Voyage of the little mermaid show building gets an “el capitan theatre” type exterior/general theatre exterior, that makes it less of a “soundstage” look.

The “Hyperion theatre” exterior is transformed into an exterior inspired by the “Carthay Circle Theatre”. The existing Cathay circle theatre shop is turned into one resembling a mini Capitol records building. (This is more of my wishful thinking and “what I would like to see happen).

DHS HUB

The hub area of DHS has been updated. It is now a much greener space, with more plants in the area around the theatre. We also have new installations of statues of famous creators of Disney company property around the new lush hub. We have the obligatory Walt and Mickey (in my mind the one from DCA), but now in addition, we have similar statues of more creators, like Jim Henson and Kermit, Stan Lee with Rocket and Groot (not like we could do much else with the contract) and George Lucas with C3PO and R2D2.

RED CAR TROLLEY

The red car trolley from DCA is added to DHS, gliding up Sunset Boulevard, looping around Hollywood boulevard, then traveling around the hub and near echo lake. This adds some kinetic energy to the old Hollywood section of the park.

TOWER OF TERROR UPDATES:

The tower of terror receives an update to the 5th dimension scene, with you instead appearing to travel “upwards” through the fifth dimension via illusions. New drop profiles are also added to the tower.

THE TIP TOP CLUB:

This is more blue sky than all of the other ones, as i like to keep my things in the realm of realism for the most part, but I liked this idea too much. Replacing some backstage area behind the tower of terror, is a space 220 esque tip top club sit down restaurant, complete with fake elevator effect, a live 1920’s swing band along with singers, creepy waiters, themed drinks, and spooky twilight zone effects happening every once in a while. Drop on in for a bite!

NEW STAR TOURS SCENES

Star tours gets a new final scene added, which is the return of the original “trench run” from star tours 1.0 added to the mix.

NEW “TANGLED SHOW”

Replacing Beauty and the Beast is a new musical retelling of the movie “Tangled”

This is the end of part one, to not make a super duper long message, but the next update will be sensational, inspirational, celebrational…you know the rest.

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
I decided to go a different route than most. Instead of giving a whole new land to DHS like so many have done (and is most likely happening), instead i am doing my version of an update to all of the “Hollywood that never was” section of the park! (Echo Lake, Sunset Boulevard, Hollywood Boulevard). I intend to make new additions, update existing ones, and overall make that section of the park not a concrete jungle. Some of this is attempted to be realistic, while others are an “if I could do anything” type of vibe.

GENERAL FACADE UPDATES

Many of the remaining “Soundstage” Facades for attractions remaining in the long haul get exterior updates. This includes:

Voyage of the little mermaid show building gets an “el capitan theatre” type exterior/general theatre exterior, that makes it less of a “soundstage” look.

The “Hyperion theatre” exterior is transformed into an exterior inspired by the “Carthay Circle Theatre”. The existing Cathay circle theatre shop is turned into one resembling a mini Capitol records building. (This is more of my wishful thinking and “what I would like to see happen).

DHS HUB

The hub area of DHS has been updated. It is now a much greener space, with more plants in the area around the theatre. We also have new installations of statues of famous creators of Disney company property around the new lush hub. We have the obligatory Walt and Mickey (in my mind the one from DCA), but now in addition, we have similar statues of more creators, like Jim Henson and Kermit, Stan Lee with Rocket and Groot (not like we could do much else with the contract) and George Lucas with C3PO and R2D2.

RED CAR TROLLEY

The red car trolley from DCA is added to DHS, gliding up Sunset Boulevard, looping around Hollywood boulevard, then traveling around the hub and near echo lake. This adds some kinetic energy to the old Hollywood section of the park.

TOWER OF TERROR UPDATES:

The tower of terror receives an update to the 5th dimension scene, with you instead appearing to travel “upwards” through the fifth dimension via illusions. New drop profiles are also added to the tower.

THE TIP TOP CLUB:

This is more blue sky than all of the other ones, as i like to keep my things in the realm of realism for the most part, but I liked this idea too much. Replacing some backstage area behind the tower of terror, is a space 220 esque tip top club sit down restaurant, complete with fake elevator effect, a live 1920’s swing band along with singers, creepy waiters, themed drinks, and spooky twilight zone effects happening every once in a while. Drop on in for a bite!

NEW STAR TOURS SCENES

Star tours gets a new final scene added, which is the return of the original “trench run” from star tours 1.0 added to the mix.

NEW “TANGLED SHOW”

Replacing Beauty and the Beast is a new musical retelling of the movie “Tangled”

This is the end of part one, to not make a super duper long message, but the next update will be sensational, inspirational, celebrational…you know the rest.
Nice. I know what that last part means.

Sneakman

Original Poster
Nice. I know what that last part means.
I’d like to hear y’all’s thoughts on these updates for dhs, as I tried to make lots of asthetic and general improvements for the park. As for the last part? Yeah it’s coming, but not in the place you’d expect. I tried to make it in the realm of realism, and I adress the unfortunate potential long term consequences of the spot this new addition is built in.

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
California Adventure
Buena Vista Street:
  • Nothing to change here.​

Hollywood Land:
  • Replace the animation building with a new animation walkthrough, a theater is at the end of the walkthrough which shows the film that is at Walt Disney presents.
  • The opposite building becomes a new version of Walt Disney Presents with new exhibits and models of Disneyland expansions and a large model of Epcot is also here.
  • The Monsters Inc ride is replaced with a version of the Great Movie Ride. The ride system is an Omnimiver through the many films through history, new movies have been added such as Marvel and Star Wars.
  • The Hyperion is revamped with a much grander design and now plays a variety of different shows rather than just one.
  • Behind the Great Movie Ride is a much smaller version of the Tram Tour which replaces the bus depot. The tour will last about 30 and will go through the many elements of movie making.
  • A mountain is added behind the land with the Hollywood sign on top of the mountain.
  • Walt’s house is added as a walkthrough through Walt’s younger life.
Avengers Campus:
  • A Ant-Man playground is added with oversized props as a nod to Bug’s Land.
  • The proposed Avengers E Ticket is added.
  • More physical sets are added to the spider man ride and the pre show Peter is replaced with an animatronic.
  • A coaster is added that goes through the land that is themed to Iron Man with a show building replacing backstage areas. Iron Man has to defeat a detachment of Hydra agents and enlists our help to gain data on their base.
  • The Dr. Strange show is revamped with more physical sets added and the environment changes around the doctor as the show goes on.
Cars Land:
  • New dark ride replaces the Luigi flat ride that centers around the story of the beginning of radiator springs. It is a trackless dark ride.
San Fransoyko Square:
  • A new simulator puts us in a new baymax suit and we have to save the city from a new villain. The villain attacks the university where they enlist our help to help defeat the villain. The ride incorporates screens and physical sets.
Pixar Pier:
  • A new Incredibles dark ride is built behind the incredicoaster. We must join the incredibles in order to stop the underminer. It is a trackless dark ride through the city of Metroville and incorporates screens, physical sets, and animatronics.
  • A interactive Inside Out dark ride is added to the left part of the pier. The facade of the ride is the colorful houses that I don’t remember the names of, we enter the house and the ride begins. Riley goes on a first date with that boy and we must help the emotions go through the date and we end up succeeding.
Paradise Gardens Park:
  • A new tractor ride takes guests through the gardens.
  • A new show is added that shows the journey of farming and the history of how we make and get our food, putting light on some of the terrible ways we get our food.
Grizzly Peak:
  • More animatronics and show scenes are added to Grizzly River Run.
  • Soarin Around California replaces around the world.

Sneakman

Original Poster

GENERAL FACADE UPDATES

DHS HUB

RED CAR TROLLEY

TOWER OF TERROR UPDATES:

THE TIP TOP CLUB:

NEW STAR TOURS SCENES

NEW “TANGLED SHOW”

I wanted to do muppet attraction from the start of this blue sky. But figuring out how and where was a challenge if I wanted to keep it in the realm of realism. Disney definitely sees use in star tours, so I didn’t think it could go there. My mind then shifted to Indiana Jones, which is a big spot which could fit a new ride, especially with Indy going to DAK. So that’s how it got the “where”. While I would love the great muppet movie ride, I am not sure if it on its own would be enough to draw todays crowds. As much as I love the muppets, I cannot deny that their draw is as much as it once was. So how do I adapt that concept for a modern audience, and make it so they’d want to ride again and again? This is where we step into part 2…

NEW GOLDEN AGE HOLLYWOOD PART 2: A VERY MUPPETATIONAL ATTRACTION

MUPPET STUDIO MAYHEM

Muppet Studio Mayhem is the new Dark Ride replacing the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular. It is an interactive dark ride in the vein of “Monsters inc ride and go seek”. In story you are on a tour of the muppet studios. The queue winds through different rooms in the studios, such as Kermit’s office, different prop storages, dressing rooms, ect, as we see a queue video with the muppets on the overhead screen. This is new muppet content, all exclusive to the attraction. You may hear some references to muppetvision 3.D. during the video! The flashlights are explained as you guiding yourself, as they couldn’t afford tour guides. The cars look like a cartoony green version of the old backlot tour trams from DHS days past. you use your flashlights to illuminate many different gags around the studios! You travel through multiple rooms of the studio, where you will try to find the targets. These include: muppet labs, Mrs piggy’s dressing room, prop storage with fozzie and gonzo, a recording studio with the electric mayhem, and through multiple scenes of the muppets “filming” their newest movies! These scenes are interpretations of concept art of the cancelled “muppet movie ride”, like Peter Pan, pigs in space, and Frankenstein. At the very end you see how much targets you got, and animatronic statler and Waldorf make fun of scores and the guests. On ride photos too. You exit through a gift shop themed to a joke store run by fozzie bear. The exterior is modeled after the Jim Henson Studio lot in Hollywood.

The muppet fountain is moved and fully restored to how it was before all of the things were removed outside of the attraction. Grand avenue still has a fountain, but it is now more of a general fountain.

MUPPET LABS FOOD STALLS.

To replace the oasis canteen, we get two new food stalls themed to muppet labs! One is themed as science and mixology (ala the test tubes and liquids in science things) with different kinds of fancy and fun drinks with different effects to them. The other stall, right next to it, is the “Muppet Labs Scientific Soft Serve” where you can use a “muppet labs ice cream machine” to make your own “swirl” of two cream flavors out of a set of available flavors, as well as set floats.

GONZOS PANDEMONIUM STUNT CAFE

the backlot Express restaurant is rethemed to the antics of everyone’s favorite “whatever”, gonzo! Past stunts litter the walls, hang from the ceilings, and are around the seating area. Every once in a while, effects come out of these props, like sounds, lights, and smoke! Televisions are also visible around the seating areas, playing the best bits from muppet movies old and new, as well as the muppet show!

Walk arounds:
Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, and Gonzo all receive walk around characters.
A maybe:
one idea I wasn’t sure of but will include anyway is this: Mickey shorts theatre is gutted and replaced with a “one man’s dream-esque” Jim Henson museum.

THE FUTURE OF GRAND AVENUE AND MUPPETVISON 3D

Now I don’t really like this part of the idea, but I did feel the need to address it. Muppetvision is in a precarious spot. Next to both galaxies edge and star tours, it is a prime spot for any ambitious new GE expansion. On the other hand, both star tours and grand avenue could also be used for something else for DHS far down the line. Add in the fact that most of the muppet theming in PizzeRizzo and the exterior of muppetvision is very loose, and the fact the muppet store hasn’t reopened since Covid, and I feel that while the “last thing Jim Henson did” fact may project muppetvision for a while, their may come a time where muppetvison may not be able to skirt by the chopping block, like it has so many times before. With that in mind, I designed all of my muppet additions to be able to stand on its own as worthy muppet representation if muppetvision were to be removed. The moving of the fountain and the reuse of some famous lines from MV3D are all intended for that, especially with the fact that it’d be separated from muppetvision by star tours. I don’t want MV3D to go away, but I have come to realize that it is near impossible to move to another existing theatre because of the specific infrastructure required for the show, and Disney would be not likely to green light the rebuild of an over 30 year old underattended 3D movie in a new place, as much as we would all like that to happen. So in an ideal world, this area will be able to coexist with my new muppets little mini area, with muppetvision chugging along as it has for many years, and hopefully many more to come.

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
I wanted to do muppet attraction from the start of this blue sky. But figuring out how and where was a challenge if I wanted to keep it in the realm of realism. Disney definitely sees use in star tours, so I didn’t think it could go there. My mind then shifted to Indiana Jones, which is a big spot which could fit a new ride, especially with Indy going to DAK. So that’s how it got the “where”. While I would love the great muppet movie ride, I am not sure if it on its own would be enough to draw todays crowds. As much as I love the muppets, I cannot deny that their draw is as much as it once was. So how do I adapt that concept for a modern audience, and make it so they’d want to ride again and again? This is where we step into part 2…

NEW GOLDEN AGE HOLLYWOOD PART 2: A VERY MUPPETATIONAL ATTRACTION

MUPPET STUDIO MAYHEM

Muppet Studio Mayhem is the new Dark Ride replacing the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular. It is an interactive dark ride in the vein of “Monsters inc ride and go seek”. In story you are on a tour of the muppet studios. The queue winds through different rooms in the studios, such as Kermit’s office, different prop storages, dressing rooms, ect, as we see a queue video with the muppets on the overhead screen. This is new muppet content, all exclusive to the attraction. You may hear some references to muppetvision 3.D. during the video! The flashlights are explained as you guiding yourself, as they couldn’t afford tour guides. The cars look like a cartoony green version of the old backlot tour trams from DHS days past. you use your flashlights to illuminate many different gags around the studios! You travel through multiple rooms of the studio, where you will try to find the targets. These include: muppet labs, Mrs piggy’s dressing room, prop storage with fozzie and gonzo, a recording studio with the electric mayhem, and through multiple scenes of the muppets “filming” their newest movies! These scenes are interpretations of concept art of the cancelled “muppet movie ride”, like Peter Pan, pigs in space, and Frankenstein. At the very end you see how much targets you got, and animatronic statler and Waldorf make fun of scores and the guests. On ride photos too. You exit through a gift shop themed to a joke store run by fozzie bear. The exterior is modeled after the Jim Henson Studio lot in Hollywood.

The muppet fountain is moved and fully restored to how it was before all of the things were removed outside of the attraction. Grand avenue still has a fountain, but it is now more of a general fountain.

MUPPET LABS FOOD STALLS.

To replace the oasis canteen, we get two new food stalls themed to muppet labs! One is themed as science and mixology (ala the test tubes and liquids in science things) with different kinds of fancy and fun drinks with different effects to them. The other stall, right next to it, is the “Muppet Labs Scientific Soft Serve” where you can use a “muppet labs ice cream machine” to make your own “swirl” of two cream flavors out of a set of available flavors, as well as set floats.

GONZOS PANDEMONIUM STUNT CAFE

the backlot Express restaurant is rethemed to the antics of everyone’s favorite “whatever”, gonzo! Past stunts litter the walls, hang from the ceilings, and are around the seating area. Every once in a while, effects come out of these props, like sounds, lights, and smoke! Televisions are also visible around the seating areas, playing the best bits from muppet movies old and new, as well as the muppet show!

Walk arounds:
Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, and Gonzo all receive walk around characters.
A maybe:
one idea I wasn’t sure of but will include anyway is this: Mickey shorts theatre is gutted and replaced with a “one man’s dream-esque” Jim Henson museum.

THE FUTURE OF GRAND AVENUE AND MUPPETVISON 3D

Now I don’t really like this part of the idea, but I did feel the need to address it. Muppetvision is in a precarious spot. Next to both galaxies edge and star tours, it is a prime spot for any ambitious new GE expansion. On the other hand, both star tours and grand avenue could also be used for something else for DHS far down the line. Add in the fact that most of the muppet theming in PizzeRizzo and the exterior of muppetvision is very loose, and the fact the muppet store hasn’t reopened since Covid, and I feel that while the “last thing Jim Henson did” fact may project muppetvision for a while, their may come a time where muppetvison may not be able to skirt by the chopping block, like it has so many times before. With that in mind, I designed all of my muppet additions to be able to stand on its own as worthy muppet representation if muppetvision were to be removed. The moving of the fountain and the reuse of some famous lines from MV3D are all intended for that, especially with the fact that it’d be separated from muppetvision by star tours. I don’t want MV3D to go away, but I have come to realize that it is near impossible to move to another existing theatre because of the specific infrastructure required for the show, and Disney would be not likely to green light the rebuild of an over 30 year old underattended 3D movie in a new place, as much as we would all like that to happen. So in an ideal world, this area will be able to coexist with my new muppets little mini area, with muppetvision chugging along as it has for many years, and hopefully many more to come.
A new version of Muppetvision could be added where the Mickey theater and Frozen sing along.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom