Outside food and drink

Viva Vic

How strict us Disney on outside drinks? My 5 year old is a rare breed and drinks a mass ton of water through a normal day. We are going in early February and I am wondering if CMs will let us bring about 4 bottles of water in with us for him? I know technically there isn't supposed to be drinks brought from outside, but I just can't spend $10+ on bottled water per day JUST FOR HIM ALONE, not including anyone else.

maryszhi

How strict us Disney on outside drinks? My 5 year old is a rare breed and drinks a mass ton of water through a normal day. We are going in early February and I am wondering if CMs will let us bring about 4 bottles of water in with us for him? I know technically there isn't supposed to be drinks brought from outside, but I just can't spend $10+ on bottled water per day JUST FOR HIM ALONE, not including anyone else.
first off i am so glad to hear this! its a rarity now a days. second they are not that strict as long as its water and not in anything glass or suspicious.

Upvote 0

luv

There is no rule against bringing in water. Bring the water, if you like. I don't think they allow glass containers in the four main parks and I know they couldn't allow that in a water park. But plastic bottles of water are fine.

I refuse to pay Disney $2.50 for a small bottle of water. Back when they had the larger bottles with sports caps I would. Even when they got rid of the sports caps, I'd still buy them on occasion. But then they started selling smaller bottles and I just quit.

Every time I walk into a park, I have water in my hands. :)

Upvote 0

oh absolutely. they check your bags at every park entrance like they did us. and we even got told a couple times that we were smart for bringing in our own snacks/water. so i dont honestly think they care and our bags were loaded with me the fiancee and 3 kids. we saved a TON of money that way.

Upvote 0

DisneyAubs

Absolutely feel free to bring in your own drinks and water. No alcohol (obviously), no glass, and in the Animal Kingdom no straws.

I would suggest at least partially freezing some of the bottles so they stay nice and cold. Actually, when we go I fill my Nalgene bottle with ice from the resort--no water at all. Then it slowly melts throughout the day and stays freezing cold!

Upvote 0

PhilharMagician

I always bring in two 20 ounce sport bottles of water per person every day and we go through it. You can basically bring in all of the food and non-alchoholics beverages you want as long as you do not have any glass containers. Rolling coolers I believe are not allowed into the parks. We just pack water and snacks into a backpack which saves a ton of money during the entire vacation. If you go to a local store in Orlando to buy water, I recommend buying Dasani or Aquafina. The local spring waters have to local swampy water taste while the Dasani and Aquafina water is not spring water, but purified water from the Coke and Pespsi bottle plants.

Also like @MattC said you can walk up to any counter service location and request a cup of ice water which is free. This water on most occasions does not have the swampy Florida water taste since it is purified for use in the soda fountains. The water fountain water is typically disgusting and I use them as an absolute last resort.

Many people like @jlevis use Brita water bottle, but I have not tried this. I personally am curious if they can really take that swamp taste out of the water?

Upvote 0

ExtinctJenn

When DS6 was small we brought bottles of water for him and those little packets you can pour into them to make them flavored. We also brought his toddler snacks (finger foods like cheerios etc.) and occasionally a sandwhich or something. We've never been stopped from bringing our own stuff in. As someone said above, it's all about what it's packaged/contained in.

Upvote 0

SMS55

Water, food you can bring in whatever you want. I have never been stopped and we bring snacks and sandwitches with us all the time. I saw a family once break out not only the bread and lunchmeat but all the veggie toppings and condiments to go along with it. I've never taken glass, but anything in plastic I can promise you won't be a problem.

Upvote 0

cornandacobb

Go to your local Target or home goods store and pick up a couple of these for your trip.
Brita filtered water bottle. Good for 100 refills. Filter is replaceable.
We snagged four for our upcoming trip. You can refill it at any water station/bathroom.

brita-bottle-aqua.png

Upvote 0

ratherbeinwdw

It even says that you can bring food and drink into the parks on the Official Disney World website in the Frequently Asked Questions section. We almost always bring drink and snacks to the parks. We took a friend who brought in a soft side cooler with sandwiches and such in it.

Upvote 0

Mainahman

I second the free cups of water, i did this at every place we ate, however cosmic rays was always the one that would be the large cup and super cold :) The others were like small. between that and filling it up at water fountains i was fine. I never had soda, and never will, all i drink is water and milk, and i survived a week in august!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom