Out of State Handicap Tag

Status
Not open for further replies.

svanda

I'll be visiting WDW this Christmas with my family. My mom has a handicap tag for the state we live in. We'll be renting a car and was wondering if her handicap tag is valid at Orlando, specifically at the disney resorts and parks. Also, we are DVC Members and was wondering what is their policy regarding the handicap tag and valet parking.

brent2124

One note is that usualy the tag has the person with the disabilities drivers license number on it. As long as the person with the disability is in the car when using it you will have no problem.

Upvote 0

stillgoofy

I'll be visiting WDW this Christmas with my family. My mom has a handicap tag for the state we live in. We'll be renting a car and was wondering if her handicap tag is valid at Orlando, specifically at the disney resorts and parks. Also, we are DVC Members and was wondering what is their policy regarding the handicap tag and valet parking.

DVC or non-DVC you get free valet parking at all resorts with handicap permit. My parents came down with me last year and brought their handicap tag from Michigan to use in rental car. No problem using. We didn't even know about the free valet parking but the valets mentioned it to us.

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
There is an agreement between all the US States and Canadian Provinces and Territories to accept each other's tags.

In some jurisdictions you can request a special "Airport-Only" purple tag that can be left in yur vehicle at an airport while you take your regular blue tag with you for use in a rental car at your destination. I've done so here in Ontario. Both tags expire at the same time.

As has been said, your tag entitles you to free Valet Parking at any Disney Resort that offers the service. You do still have to pay for Park parking unless you're stsaying at a Disney Resort or have regular, premium or premier Annual Passes.

Upvote 0

ILOVEDISNEY

Here is the Federal Law concerning reciprocity:

"The State system shall recognize removable windshield placards, temporary removable windshield placards and special license plates which have been issued by issuing authorities of other States and countries, for the purpose of identifying vehicles permitted to utilize parking spaces reserved for persons with disabilities which limit or impair the ability to walk."

Upvote 0

loveofamouse

yes, they are accepted.

Please be mindful of the laws for HC parking. The person who the tag is assigned to must be getting out or in of the car to park there.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom