Pre-Trip Our magical Disney baby's 1st birthday/1st Disney trip!

2016 has been a chaotic, crazy, busy, and looooong year! I've been meaning to get this pre-trip report written and have had zero down time to do so, but we're running out of time before the trip and work is slow this week, so here goes. Where to begin? A long, long, time ago...okay so really in April of 2015, we went on our last Disney trip (trip report here). During that trip I made a wish upon a star. Eight months later, after five years of trying, that wish came true and we welcomed our third little prince into our family. Turns out we conceived the little guy right smack dab in the middle of our Disney trip, so of course he is our little Disney baby, complete with a first name fit for a prince :) We celebrated his big first birthday yesterday and we leave for his birthday trip and first trip to Disney World in 24 days!!!!!
IMG_2305.JPG

Last edited:

Ember

Original Poster
In the past we have stayed at all of the moderates, Port Orleans Riverside is our absolute favorite! With the little guy and his stroller, we decided that a monorail deluxe resort would be the best course of action for this trip. We love visiting the Polynesian, so we figured this would be our resort of choice. We decided to go with renting DVC points and booked a studio villa for one week, for less than the cost of our normal stay at POR! So excited. Fast passes and ADRs are all booked.The details:

Who: Me, DH, DS (11), DS (7), DS (1)
When: 1/22-1/28
Where: Polynesian
ADRs:
Biergarten, CRT(8am), Sci-Fi, California Grill (Just the two of us, Wishes timed ressie), BOG, BnC, T-Rex, and Spirit of Aloha

Ember

Original Poster
Oh forgot about the 'rents! We're bringing my mom and dad along for this trip. They also rented points and are staying at the Poly. It's the first time they've ever stayed on site! They are gonna love it!

Ember

Original Poster
We got our magic bands this weekend. I was a little disappointed that we got the old style, but I'm loving the purple!

Ember

Original Poster
We were going to use Kid's Nite Out for our resort day/date night, but saw the magical winter sale had a room at All-Star Music for only $74 We calculated the cost of the babysitting service and instead booked the room for my in-laws for one night (They live in FL). They get a free night at Disney and we get a full day of babysitting for a huge discount. Score!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom