Our first trip using DVC...

journ116

Any tips for me and my family? We go down December 1-8 and cannot wait!!!! 88 days, but who's counting???:p

Are you looking for general tips or resort specific tips? OR are you just super excited to be "going home?";) Either way, I'm glad to see another fellow DVC member expressing the sheer joy that is owning a little piece of the magic!

As a DVC member, you receive many perks: i.e. discounts on MVMCP tickets, car rentals, AP passes (you should've received a pamphlet on all this info). Peruse it and get it to know it well! You never know when the benefit of the membership might come into play!

And, as for resort specific tips: depending on what size room you have (i.e. studio vs 1, 2, & 3 bedrooms), I'd suggest picking up a few groceries the day you check in. I cannot tell you how often and how beneficial having a quart of milk, yogurt, gallons of water & fresh fruit to have on hand in the morning and night hours really is!

Also, depending on how often you intend to visit, you might want to look into: OwnersLocker.com. I'm thinking of investing in this, because we go one or two times a year!! Basically, you get a purple locker (13"Hx22"Lx20"W), which you get to name, and you can pack it full of "trip necessities." Your locker is delivered to your resort, which you then fill, and at the end of your trip, someone picks it up and stores in a climate control warehouse!! I've heard really good things about this! And it's always fun to see them rolling thru the lobby!

Have fun on your inaugural trip to your "other home!!":D

fireman17

The only tip I do have for you is to check on when they are taping the Walt Disney Christmas Day Parade. I believe it my be the weekend you arrive and if so you might want to steer clear of magic Kingdom during the day.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
The big difference for my family visiting WDW at a DVC resort vs. a normal park room is that we always have at least one one- or two-bedroom unit. This provides us with a full kitchen and we use it oftem. We drive down so we always bring breakfast foods and the family eats breakfast in the room before heading to the parks. Always keep some snacks in the room and my even eat lunch there sometime. We also keep an assortment of adlut drinks in the room for late night. I guess the big change was being able to do more in the room due to the size and whats available.

DisDadWoz

Congrats on becoming a "Card Carrying Member" of DVC! All will depend on what kind of room you are getting, but the first day is usually filled with stocking up the fridge for our 1-2 bedroom stays. For the studio stays it's pretty much some breakfast items at the store in the lobby and we're good to go. If you have been to WDW before and have not stayed in a DVC you may have to get used to mousekeeping not coming everyday. That took us a little while to get used to when we first started.

Disneykidder

I can't wait until I hear the words, "Welcome Home." I totally know how you feel!! We won't be using our points until next summer. We also bring snacks into the rooms and milk for the fridge, water and some fresh fruit.

wiigirl

The only tip I do have for you is to check on when they are taping the Walt Disney Christmas Day Parade. I believe it my be the weekend you arrive and if so you might want to steer clear of magic Kingdom during the day.

Thats good advice!
75.gif

BCVTalsJam

This will be the first trip using our own points at out own resort...we use to use our parents DVC instead but when we went down on our honeymoon we got our own at Beach Club. We are so excited to be at out home resort and can't wait to go down in 33 days! I would defineatly get some cereal and milk for the room as week as some drinks and snacks. They are great in the morning and night! Also i would explore your resort so you know the secret ways out and to the pool. What resort is your home?

Goofnut1980

89 days for me!

I like the idea of mouse keeping not coming in every day. Makes me feel more at home. It works well for us only having them every 4th day.

Congrats on making a lifetime of great memories!!

VYPUR

We just bought our DVC at Christmas and can not wait till we get to go. First chance we get to go is gonna be June (HOT!) my little daughter is counting the days which makes the purchase so worth it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom