Osbourne Lights After Park Closing?

WDWFigment

Original Poster
At what time do they "turn off" the Osbourne Lights? I enjoy taking "after closing" pictures, and normally, the parks leave their lights on a good time after they close. Is this true for the Osbourne Lights? Does anyone know?

Rob562

Unless there's something special going on at the Studios, they're on typically for at least an hour after closing.

The one exception that I know of is the evening that they have the Pop Warner football after-hours party in the Studios, they try and usher Day Guests out of the park as quickly as they can. But that's just one night.

-Rob

wdwfan22

Typically you are allowed an additional hour after the park closes to enjoy the lights before being asked to make your way towards the gate. Special events cancel out this extra hour. Also note the lights don't always dance after the park officially closes.

Juliana

If I remember correctly, they pick a family to turn off the Lights - I always assumed it happened around the same time as park closing, since there were always many people there.

I saw the lights on after the park closed only once while I was a CM there (ICP, only two months :( back in november 2006), and even then, they turned them back on long after everyone was gone - there was a photographer taking pictures.

But I might be mistaken, or they could have changed it - so just wait for a more definite answer :p

WDWFigment

Original Poster
Hmmm, sounds like there are conflicting reports on this. Thanks for the responses thus far. I don't care if the lights are dancing. I will be doing this for photographing purposes, so I'd just like there to not be as many people there, so I can set up a tripod.

Anyone know the date of the Pop Warner party this year?

Rob562

Hmmm, sounds like there are conflicting reports on this. Thanks for the responses thus far. I don't care if the lights are dancing. I will be doing this for photographing purposes, so I'd just like there to not be as many people there, so I can set up a tripod.

Anyone know the date of the Pop Warner party this year?

Check the calendar for the random day (I think it's usually a Friday) where the park closes an hour earlier than the rest of the week.

EDIT: Correction, it's a Wednesday... December 10th the Studios closes at 7PM, rather than the 8PM closing time every other day of the month.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom