Osborne Family Lights Question

mbtohill

Original Poster
Beyond excited!! Just booked a quick weekend trip for 12/13-12/15. First time we will be there when parks are decorated for XMAS!! Surprising our DD's on the morning of the trip.

Question regarding Osborne Lights. Is it a "show" with a start time or does is run in a loop all evening??

Thanks

DizneyPryncess

While it does run all evening, watching them turn the whole thing on is pretty impressive. This happens at "dusk" which is typically between 5-6. See the times guise for the exact time.

My thoughts as well. Our first December trip, we went to see the lights about an hour in, and it was amazing. Our second December trip, we went at the beginning when they are turned on, and it was even better. If you can make it there for the "light up", it's pretty cool. :)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Beyond excited!! Just booked a quick weekend trip for 12/13-12/15. First time we will be there when parks are decorated for XMAS!! Surprising our DD's on the morning of the trip.

Question regarding Osborne Lights. Is it a "show" with a start time or does is run in a loop all evening??

Thanks
For a first time you definitely want to be there for the switch on ceremony, which is at 6pm. Get into the center of Streets of America for around 5:30pm. Once the show starts it runs all evening, with dancing sequences playing roughly every 7 minutes. In between those the lights are static.

PhilharMagician

Yeah, get there at least 1/2 hour early. Grab a hot cocoa from one of the stands for everyone and just hang out for the lighting ceremony. It will get quite packed and really remain busy all night long. It is an amazing show. I could stand there for hours and watch it.

JillC LI

Thanks

Ooooh, lucky you! We saw them for the first time last year. Be there before it first lights as the others have said. You will love it.

NearTheEars

When the lights come on and the snows starts to fall ..... it really is one of the most magical moments I've experienced at WDW.

I really hope they don't remove the lights as rumored :(

BuddyThomas

When the lights come on and the snows starts to fall ..... it really is one of the most magical moments I've experienced at WDW.

I really hope they don't remove the lights as rumored :(
Do they still give out the 3D glasses where you walk around and see images in the lights, like angels, etc. I haven't done thus since like 2000, but those glasses were super cool.

75disney

You will love the World at Christmas. The Osborne Lights are awesome! I will be seeing them again on Thanksgiving night, a tradition for our family. Your excitement is contagious!

Tom 55

Here is a picture between show from December 2012.

Attachments

• IMG_0050.JPG
    IMG_0050.JPG
    230.9 KB · Views: 29

Susan Savia

Saw the lights for the first time last year and it was fantastic. We stayed to the end of it, saw it snowing and got many great pictures. So much to see all over the street, great picture spots.

ExtinctJenn

For a first time you definitely want to be there for the switch on ceremony, which is at 6pm. Get into the center of Streets of America for around 5:30pm. Once the show starts it runs all evening, with dancing sequences playing roughly every 7 minutes. In between those the lights are static.
I was so hoping that it was going to be earlier than 6:00. That makes it tough if you are planning to hit Fantasmic! the same night. Well, you may miss the switch on but after Fantasmic you'd still have an hour (on 8:00 park close nights) to run that way and at least see the lights I suppose.

R W B

This is my single favorite attraction in all of Disney World. I'm hoping to do a small weekend trip sometime in December to go see them one more time due to the rumors of this being the last year.

Disnee4Me

Thanks
You can find youtube videos on it, if you want to get an look at the "lights". Of course, nothing beats it in person. It is truly awesome.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom