Orion part of disney?

X-S TECHFOREVER

Original Poster
Orion pictures....... dose Orion pictures belong to disney? The reason why I ask is because Robocop is an Orion film,But only the first two are.The third one is MGM. MGM is owned by disney right? Robocop is one of my favorite movies of all time and I would be happy to know if its part of disney.Thankyou!

StevenT

Orion Pictues doesn't even exist any more. It died shorty after the release of the Weird Al film, UHF. Orion was in serious financial trouble, and they thought UHF would save the company. Sadly, UHF opened the same weekend as Batman, and Honey I Shrunk the Kids and it couldn't compete with those big movies, so it flopped at the box office. This was the nail in the coffin for Orion Pictures. I don't know what happened after that, but perhaps MGM picked up some of Orion's films, like Robocop. I do know that the recent DVD release of UHF was done by MGM, so like I said, they either owned part of Orion, or picked up rights to the films after it went under.

While Orion was around, it wasn't Disney's. No, MGM is not owned by Disney, they just have a partnership for the Disney-MGM Studios park, giving Disney the rights to make rides from MGM movies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom