Original Imagination Fountain Pic Request

Icekid84

Original Poster
I started a topic in Resorts, trips, cruise forum about history of Resort rooms and changes they went through Link here -http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=630616.

Anyhow in my search for pictures from the resorts from the different time periods I came across this pic (btw check out this guys pic collection from 1984) Out of all the pictures this particular one jumped out at me. I didn't recall seeing it before. I went back to google earth and bing and thought maybe I just didnt pay attention. But the fountain item item they have there now is just a miniature structure of the Imagination pyramids.

So can anyone please
A. tell me anything about this fountain.
B. tell why did they tear it down.
C. tell how long did it stay up.

And finally D. Got any other pictures of it.

1857641016_b5a5446e43_b.jpg

Btw here is the link to the guys pic collection
http://www.flickr.com/photos/alan-light/sets/72157602903858076/with/1857826462/

TheBeatles

it was changed in the mid '80s.

after that first change, it had smaller triangles inside of it for a time, but i don't know when those were scrapped.

Icekid84

Original Poster
TheBeatles : thanks for info. And I must say WOW at your blog, its late but I just clicked through and its really up my ally (bookmarked). I suspect you are the person who buys the old disney plastic/paper bags on ebay hehe. Great stuff, thanks for sharing

Anyone : still interested in more pictures or information anyone has on the fountain, thanks.

mp2bill

TheBeatles : thanks for info. And I must say WOW at your blog, its late but I just clicked through and its really up my all(e)y (bookmarked). I suspect you are the person who buys the old disney plastic/paper bags on ebay hehe. Great stuff, thanks for sharing

Anyone : still interested in more pictures or information anyone has on the fountain, thanks.

Agreed.

TheBeatles

TheBeatles : thanks for info. And I must say WOW at your blog, its late but I just clicked through and its really up my ally (bookmarked). I suspect you are the person who buys the old disney plastic/paper bags on ebay hehe. Great stuff, thanks for sharing

thanks!

i don't have the time, patience, or money like i use to. i've still got tons more stuff to scan, photograph, read, analyze, and complete.

btw, watch marni1971's video for some more info on the fountain.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom