Original E-ticket rides?

ask!

Original Poster
While scrolling through the posts, I noticed that "E-ticket " rides are used to describe the thrill rides in the parks...well, my very first trip was in June 1972 (I was 10) and I remember using A thru E tickets and having to choose one ride from each group...I recall each group was a different color, however, I cannot remember what was then considered the E-ticket rides.

I have a vague memory of choosing the Indy ride over the Haunted Mansion....can you imagine if this memory is correct....Indy an E-ticket ride! But then again, way back when, before quads and go-carts and those motorized little Barbie cars, before Play Station and cell phones and computers, it probably was thrilling for a 10 year old to drive a car at Indy.....wow, times have really, really changed.

So I just wanted to know if anyone remembers or knows what the original E-ticket rides were when the park first opened. I thought it might be interesting to recall because now the rides and attractions are so technologically advanced!

Just thought is was an interesting memory and points to how much THE WORLD has changed.

Andrea

MissM

Check out this: http://allearsnet.com/tix/tickethistory.htm

It's a very comprehensive ticket history of WDW. Here's a link to an "E" ticket from 1973 (link) and another "E" from 1976 (link) If you scroll down to the bottom of the 1970's page, you'll see examples of all the various ticket types.

In 1973, your E options were:
It's a small world
20k leagues under the sea
Country Bear Jamboree
Jungle Cruise
Hall of Presidents
Haunted Mansion

The "Grand Prix Raceway" as of 1973 was a "C" ticket ride. (link)

Hope that helps!
-m

Frees Fan

Looking back at those ticket prices is a hoot. I remember the ticket books in 1975 and then the "passport" for resort guests in 1982. WDW really HAS changed!

ask!

Original Poster
Wow...that was quick!

Disney's first price increase took effect in February, 1972.

Adult:$3.50-$3.75 General Admission
Junior (12-17):$2.50-$2.75 General Admission
Child (3-11):$1.00-$1.25 General Admission

Wow! What a quick response! Thanks! Well, I guess Indy was not an E-ticket but look at the choices.....I think we went on It's a Small World because I do remember that ride but I did not imagine it was once an E-ticket.

That is a great link...look at the prices! Can you even buy a Coke in the park these days for $3.50 ? Amazing!

Andrea

MissM

Wow! What a quick response!

Can you even buy a Coke in the park these days for $3.50 ? Amazing!
You're welcome! :D (And actually, a bottle is only $2 in MK from a vendor cart but it's $2.50 from the machines at the Transportation and Ticket Center near the restrooms over by the ferry boat entrance. Not that I know too much about this sort of thing, no.... :lookaroun )
-m

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom