Oriental Land Co. to enter the fray......

KevinPage

Original Poster
Not official, just my wishful thinking. Sorry to be deceptive, but heck it's a markertng tool :lol:

One has to wonder if they would be interested in acquiring the parks if Comcast takes over and looks to dump them.

If so, this could be THE GREATEST THING SINCED SLICED BREAD.

This is a company that preserves and cherishes the Disney heritage more than current management does.

And if they can BAN mkt from the parks, we'll all be far better off!!!

:D

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Originally posted by KevinPage
And if they can BAN mkt from the parks, we'll all be far better off!!!

i'll ban you..

KevinPage

Original Poster
A World without Eisner & mkt. One can dream of such a utopian existence

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

mkt

Premium Member
Originally posted by KevinPage
A World without Eisner & mkt. One can dream of such a utopian existence

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

don't make me shake my finger at you

lebernadin

Well, in the hypothetical where Comcast wins over the board and buys them for this lowball price, one thing they(Comcast) could do is sell off their shares of DLP, the Tokyo Resort, and HK, and concentrate their efforts on the domestic US market.

But, correct me if i'm wrong, isn't one of the former Disney folks that are now in Comcast someone who dealt with overseeing one of the foreign parks, DLP? So my above speculation could go either way with that person wanting to do things with the foreign parks that they couldn't do when they were still with Disney.

Who knows...all hypotheticals...until either Disney is bought or this Comcast offer blows over. Plus it wouldn't be instantaneous.

Mad Stitch

Na, I don’t like the thought of Mickey who was born and raised right here in the good o’ US of A being sold off to a Japanese company.

No offence to anyone who is Japanese. :lookaroun

mkt

Premium Member
no offense taken...

but in todays global economy... it's not so much what country the company is from, as what company it is. If OLC can do a better job than Disney, then let them take over.

xfkirsten

OLC can DEFINITELY do better than Disney right now. They're willing to put in whatever money it takes to make something just right. Tokyo Disneyland's shows, parades, and attractions enjoy immense popularity, because they spare no expense in desgining them. I was waiting in line behind an Imagineer once at Soarin', and we were talking about OLC... he says that all of the US Imagineers are insanely jealous of the funding that TDL gets.

-Kirsten

Mad Stitch

I agree, OLC would be a good move for the parks. It just doesn’t sound right. It would be like packing the Statue of Liberty up in a bunch of crates and shipping it off to Saudi Arabia because they could preserve it better in their dry climate.

cherrynegra

Okay, that title would be called a "teaser." I cheered when I saw the title........and then when I read the thread, I booed. Booooooooo!! :lol: Thanks for raising my hopes. Personally, I wouldn't mind having OLC purchase Disney. The Japanese have a real reverance for all things Disney and if more people could see what they've done with their parks, they'd be wishing for the OLC to step in.

One more thing, Boooooooooooooo for getting my hopes up.

:lol:

Ok, you made me gasp with your subject title. As a current WDW cast member who had the glorious honor of working at Tokyo Disneyland this would be a dream come true. The shows and parades are amazing and the park is the most beautiful of all the parks I've seen. They understand Walt's vision and the culture is so stubborn to do things by the book, they could turn the company around and make it better.

MarioMagic15

it'd be awesome if OLC took over, i wish i could go to TDR(Tokyo Disney Resort) especially TDS, that park looks amazing, it really shows the beauty of Imagineering's efforts with the proper funding. They seem understand that it takes spending money to earn money a lot better.

lebernadin

Originally posted by MarioMagic15
it'd be awesome if OLC took over, i wish i could go to TDR(Tokyo Disney Resort) especially TDS, that park looks amazing, it really shows the beauty of Imagineering's efforts with the proper funding.

Its a great park. Just make sure to set aside two days to do it, despite its fairly small size. The lines are ridiculous and we only had one day and didn't get to do everything.

KevinPage

Original Poster
Yeah, I hear TDL is always packed and you wait hours on line for multiple attractions.

The Japanese sure love Mickey Mouse :D

niteobsrvr

Originally posted by Mary Poppins
they could turn the company around and make it better.

But could they take the company in the U.S. and make it MATTER?

The people in this country are insanely different than they were 30 years ago. The vacation landscape has changed and there are many options competing for that same vacation dollar.

When you sit on a bus listening to conversations and people don't know the names of the attractions or the parks and resorts for that matter or even that the entire complex is owned by Disney, it makes you stop and think. Does America really care about Disney anymore or is it just another company who owns themeparks and makes movies.

I am in no way defending current management at the executive level, but I firmly beleive that the company and its parks have been given exactly what the majority of guests wanted based on general marketing trends. Its the Walmart Syndrome where costs are cut and value is also reduced.

I have to wonder what prices would be like at Disney World without all the cost cutting of recent years. Would it be 60 bucks to get in? 75? A hamburger would be 10 dollars? 12? These are considerations that have to be made. And tis not Eisner or anyone elses bonus that is creating this situation. If you want quality you have to pay for it and that most surely means the prices are too low at Disney.

Not even the Oriental land company could change the situation as it relates to economic and marketing trends in America.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom