Optimism level for Tiana's Bayou Adventure

What is your current level of expectation for Tiana's Bayou Adventure?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

erasure fan1

If I'm putting my money down, it will not be as good as what it replaced. I just don't see the imagineering of today out doing the imagineers that created splash. That said, I have no doubt that it will be just as demanded. It's a water ride, in central Florida, it will have lines. So even if it's not great, it will be hard to say it failed, as it will still pull numbers.

DisneyFanatic12

I chose four only because I can’t dwell in the past. Splash is gone, nothing can really change that. With that being said, I think imagineering will do the best they can with what they’re given. I doubt it will be a masterpiece, but the infrastructure of the ride is great, and overall I am optimistic that it will remain a solid ride.

Vegas Disney Fan

I went back and forth between 2 and 4 but ultimately chose 2. I think the ride will be a solid replacement, Disney knows they can’t mess this up, but I’ll be very surprised if it ends up being as good as splash was.

They kind of doomed themselves when they decided to replace one of the most popular rides they’ve ever built, the bar is so high I don’t think they can match it.

SuddenStorm

I went back and forth between 2 and 4 but ultimately chose 2. I think the ride will be a solid replacement, Disney knows they can’t mess this up, but I’ll be very surprised if it ends up being as good as splash was.

It's interesting- Disney knows they can't butcher this, I just don't think they have the talent and corporate culture to beat Splash. Sure, they know they need to- but it's easy to say 'I need to play basketball like MJ', it's much harder to actually do it.

mickEblu

It's interesting- Disney knows they can't butcher this, I just don't think they have the talent and corporate culture to beat Splash. Sure, they know they need to- but it's easy to say 'I need to play basketball like MJ', it's much harder to actually do it.

Making sure Baxter stayed on the project would have been a great start. If it was ever real. β€œβ€¦and we’ll tell them Baxter is on it to calm them down.”

SuddenStorm

Making sure Baxter stayed on the project would have been a great start. If it was ever real. β€œβ€¦and we’ll tell them Baxter is on it to calm them down.”

Baxter has done a mostly good job of separating himself from mediocre projects, with the major exception of Tomorrowland '98. For the sake of his legacy, I'm glad he isn't a part of this.

erasure fan1

Disney knows they can’t mess this up, but I’ll be very surprised if it ends up being as good as splash was.
Yup. It's as close to a sure fire thing as you can get. When all is said and done, it's still a quality ride system. So when you're in central Florida, during summer, and your face is melting, you are going to ride it. They could have themed it to strange world, and it would still have one to two hour waits.

AndyS2992

I don't really have a strong opinion either way. I've never seen Song of the South so I don't really have any attachment to the characters or story, though the ride has always been fun. I have seen PatF many times and is a great movie, more so for it's return to hand drawn animation, so having a ride based on it is wonderful, however it doesn't belong in Frontierland, there's nothing 'frontier' about a Louisiana bayou in the 1920s and the storyline seems extremely weak.

WorldExplorer

I'm placing my bets on its reception skating by on being not god awful. We'll end up with okay-ish ride. It won't be anywhere near as good as what came before or even what it could have been, but it will benefit from the ever-popular "well, it could be worse".

It won't be enough to entice me to actually get on the thing.

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

It is..What it is...
meh-the-simpsons.gif

Bocabear

Oh I feel like I would have to get on it...Pro Tiana or not, I think almost everyone will want to see what it has become.
I am hopeful...as long as the down-play the whole Tiana's Sustainable Food Co-op. I think that entire theme is off-putting. Can't it just be a merry romp with Tiana celebrating Mardi Gras with her friends in the Bayou? We can only hope.

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

Pixie dusters will like it and praise it to high heaven, which I think is all that matters to Disney. The goal was to get rid of that "evil problematic cartoon" stench and it seems like they're succeeding at that.

Personally, I think it will be a 1 or a 2. It'll be like Runaway Railway, Mission Breakout, or Winnie the Pooh in that it has fans but is generally agreed to be nowhere near as good as what once was.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom