Opening Dates?

JTT

Original Poster
When do you think they will give firm opening dates for Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway, Skyliner Gondola, Riviera Resort and Galaxy's Edge?

Is there a D23 or other happening coming soon where they can make a presentation and give the dates?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
There are threads for all of these:

The gondolas are now dependent on cabin availability from Dopplmayer, I wouldn't expect to see it running until at least June, if not later
SW:GE is looking at maybe November
MMRR... summer? That could be August, based on the passholder blackout dates noted above
Riviera I don't remember

SW:GE in Anaheim looks like a June 21 opening.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
When do you think they will give firm opening dates for Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway, Skyliner Gondola, Riviera Resort and Galaxy's Edge?

Is there a D23 or other happening coming soon where they can make a presentation and give the dates?

We would likely know the opening dates for all of these prior to D23.

jrhwdw

There are threads for all of these:

The gondolas are now dependent on cabin availability from Dopplmayer, I wouldn't expect to see it running until at least June, if not later
SW:GE is looking at maybe November
MMRR... summer? That could be August, based on the passholder blackout dates noted above
Riviera I don't remember

SW:GE in Anaheim looks like a June 21 opening.
I'm surprised DL has a rumored date already. I figured that the dates for DL/DHS would be announced on May 4th (Star Wars Day)

jrhwdw

The date I'm Most interested in right now is Skyliner's Testing! That should be a sight to see even if it's not ready for the public yet!

Kamikaze

I'm surprised DL has a rumored date already. I figured that the dates for DL/DHS would be announced on May 4th (Star Wars Day)

Far too late.

Pandora (opening date) was announced on Feb 7th for a May 27th opening.
Pixar Pier (opening date) was announced on Feb 11th for a June 23rd opening.
Toy Story Land (opening date) was announced on Feb 16th for a June 30th opening.

So thats the range (early-mid Feb) we should expect the DLR date to be set. Its either going to be June 21 or June 28th, but the 28th is backing up too close to the 4th in reality, so it has to be the 21st. The real question is when do they begin the parties and events.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom