Online Grocery that WILL SHIP to you RESORT!

GMAN

I don't know if this has been discussed. I am sure it has...but for those who are going on a trip in the near future, here is a website out of Orlando who will hand deliver all your grocery,paper,non-grocery needs. They will even make party cakes and personalize them!!!! Its a $50 dollar minimum order with a $20.00 fee..:sohappy:

http://shop.goodings.com/default.asp

CleveRocks

I've used Gooding's twice and was completely satisfied each time. They are a local supermarket that also delivers. Their website has a limited selection of items, but they will deliver anything they stock on their shelves (just call or e-mail with special requests), but they won't deliver alcohol.

The best part is, you don't have to schedule your delivery and you don't have to sit around waiting for it. They deliver to your resort's Bell Services. BS then calls to see if you're in. If you are, they bring it right to you. If you're not in, BS leaves a message for you, and they store your groceries, even keeping the cold stuff cold! You call them when you get back and they deliver it to you.

There are also 2 local stand-alone delivery services that will shop for you wherever you want. One is Garden Grocer (www.gardengrocer.com) and the other is WeGoShop (www.wegoshop.com).

Both are set up to deliver to you at a scheduled time, but Garden Grocer is flexible and will do it the way Gooding's does it if you ask. From what I hear, WeGoShop is rigid in needing to deliver directly to you at a specific time.

I've spoken with Brian, the co-owner of Garden Grocer (the other co-owner is his wife). He's a very nice, smart, hard-working guy. About a month in advance, I'd read on another message board that Garden Grocer was sold out on my arrival day. I sent him an e-mail asking if this was true. He called me back and we spoke for about 15 minutes. He told me that business had been brisk, and that although he was in the process of hiring and training new people, he didn't want to accept too many orders at one time and risk that it would cause the quality of the service to decline. I thought it was very cool that he was turning down business because he was concerned he might do a shoddy job if he took on too much before his new employees were adequately trained.

If you want ONLY non-perishables, another option is www.netgrocer.com, an Internet grocer that will ship (mail or UPS) your purchase to you at your resort.

For those who want ONLY bottled water, go to your local Staples or go to www.staples.com and sign up for their Staples Rewards card. It's free and takes all of about 45 seconds. Once you have a Staples Rewards card number, you get free shipping on all Internet purchases. So you can then order a case of 24 bottles of water for something like $6.50 and they'll ship it to you for free! You just put your resort's address as the "ship to" address. A lot of people prefer to bring their own bottled water into the parks rather than paying Disney the $2 or $2.50 per bottle.

If you get netgrocer or Staples to ship to your resort, note that Disney resorts will hold packages for guests for up to five days prior to check-in day.

I've used Disney's Magical Express twice, and when you use that you can't stop at a grocery store on the way between the airport and resort. But even if I took a car service or got a rental car I'd STILL get my groceries delivered by Gooding's or Garden Grocer in order to save time and inconvenience. I don't need to waste time in an unfamiliar grocery store, trying to find things I want and then waiting in line. I want to get to Disney already! With Gooding's, my groceries have been waiting for me.

Upvote 0

rigama

Hey there!

I just wanted to mention that as of 3/31 Staples Rewards doesn't offer free shipping for orders under $50:( This really puts a damper on things, since we don't need any other 'groceries' and we are HUGE water drinkers. I'd hate to order 50 worth of food or other things just to be able to use a delivery service. Any ideas on how to get water into the park, while flying in and using DME and disney transport? I guess short of calling a cab.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom