One World: My idea for a new nighttime show at Epcot.

MagicKingdom4Ever

Original Poster
To begin with, I don't understand why people hate Harmonious. Although I agree that they could'v done better, I feel like it's a lot of underappreciated work. Is it the use of IPs (which Epcot fans don't like in the parks) or the lack of a storyline? Whatever the reason is, I think it is just fine. I watched it tonight and I thought it was great.

However, I do understand that there could've been a better show. For that reason, I have an idea to rework the show into a new thing, exploring more cultures and voices around the world. I call the show One World, and it is a show that blends fireworks and World of Color-style visuals (meaning that people can actually see the American Adventure Pavilion from the entrance to the World Showcase lagoon, which I've heard a few complaints about.)

Before I say anything about IPs, I would like to tell you all that IPs will be coming to the park no matter what. I say that an IP in an educational park is acceptable as long as the IP educates rather than entertain (something that Disney has stopped caring about). We've lost a lot of good things from Epcot, such as the fountain in the plaza (which was major because it had water from all over the world) and the Legacy Stones. I can say that with this ongoing redo of Epcot, the park is slowly losing its identity. However, I also hear complaints that Epcot is boring and has nothing for the younger kids, and because of that reason, I feel like it is okay to include IPs in the park, not as a shoehorn, but as a tool to help younger children catch interest in the park.

Now, without further adieu, One World.

So the show begins with music playing overhead. As it does, a narrator speaks, telling of how divided the world can seem at some times. However, he/she reminds the people that if we look past our differences, we can come together as a wonderful people.

Parts: The show is split into multiple parts, each with a musical transition into the next region. While the music plays, arts and cultural things from each region is brought to life on the water screens. Although three songs are reused from Harmonious, the rest are different songs. Each song would be sung in their native languages.

America: "America, the Golden Dream" from the American Adventure. (English)
Central America: "Remember Me" from Coco. (English and Spanish)
South America: "Dos Origuitas" from Encanto. (Spanish)
Europe: "All is Found" from Frozen II and "How Can a Moment Last Forever?" from Beauty and the Beast (2017). (English, Norwegian and French)
Africa: "Can You Feel the Love Tonight?" from The Lion King. (English, Xhosa, and Swahili)
Middle East: "A Whole New World" from Aladdin. (English and Arabic)
China: "Reflection" from Mulan. (English and Mandarin)
India: "The Bare Necessities" from The Jungle Book. (English and Hindi)
Southeast Asia: "We'll Lead the Way" from Raya and the Last Dragon. (English, Indonesian, Vietnamese, and Thai)
Oceania: "We Know the Way" from Moana. (English, Tongan, and Hawaiian)
Finale: "One World," an original song composed for this special. (All of the languages in the World Showcase Pavilions: English, Spanish, Norwegian, Mandarin, German, Italian, Japanese, Arabic, French, and even Navajo.)

During the finale, Epcot is talked about being a place of becoming. It is a place where cultures, technology, and humanity is celebrated. The narrator then encourages the audiences to be better as people, reminding them that despite being multiple races and cultures, they are One World.

And that's the show.

tcool123

A solid show that improves on the steudture of Harmonious. My only quip is that Mexico isn’t Central America it’s North America, so Coco while great wouldn’t be a great representation of Central America. It’s the reason why the Harmonious soundtrack is Latin America instead of Central America.

MagicKingdom4Ever

Original Poster
A solid show that improves on the steudture of Harmonious. My only quip is that Mexico isn’t Central America it’s North America, so Coco while great wouldn’t be a great representation of Central America. It’s the reason why the Harmonious soundtrack is Latin America instead of Central America.
I had no idea that Mexico was considered part of North America. I thought that anything south of the U.S. put north of South America was Central America.

tcool123

I had no idea that Mexico was considered part of North America. I thought that anything south of the U.S. put north of South America was Central America.
Funnily enough I learned the same thing on this forum as well!

But yes North America includes Greenland, Canada, the USA, Mexico. In addition the majority of the Caribbean and all of Central America are actually part of North America; think of them as different regions much like how Asia and Europe can be broken into many regions.

north-america-map.webp

Geography is rather interesting honestly:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom