One time use points

UKKaren

Original Poster
Hi

Has anyone ever used one time use points when short on points for their vacation. We are thinking of visiting with family but are short about 120 points and wondered how much the points cost and how it all works

Karen

Yoop33

Member services is your best bet. I wanna say that one time points are between $15 and $25 but dont hold me to that. In most cases if you cant borrow, you may be better off buying into more points for another 50 year term at one of the new properties and just break up the payments with financing. Contact your guide about that though. Good luck!!

Pioneer Hall

If you are short that many points you are going to want to look into renting from another member. There are other boards and sites where you can find information on that.

Disneykidder

If you are short that many points you are going to want to look into renting from another member. There are other boards and sites where you can find information on that.

I was thinking the same thing. You may want to do a one time rental to get to the points you need. Before you do that, I would look at the points/resort that you want and see how much it would be to just purchase that room with cash from Disney vs. how much someone is charging to rent them out. In most cases it is cheaper to rent them from another member but see what your numbers come out to be.

Good luck.:)

glennatwell1

I was wondering along those lines, and I think the answer is no but want to ask anyway, can points rented from another member be combined with your own points into a single reservation? Or can 2 members call together and combine their points to rent a Grand Villa for example?

Pioneer Hall

I was wondering along those lines, and I think the answer is no but want to ask anyway, can points rented from another member be combined with your own points into a single reservation? Or can 2 members call together and combine their points to rent a Grand Villa for example?

The points will be handled separately if you are going to be renting. You also have the option of seeing if someone renting you the points would be willing to transfer them. You are each allowed one transfer (in or out) per year and I believe that there is a fee associated with this as well, but it would be the way to allow you to get all the points and use them at the same time. If you just rent you are going to have to make your own reservation for your points and the renter will have to make a reservation for you with their points (you will also not be able to handle anything having to do with the renters points).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom