One-day FL resident pass with a group of annual pass holders who have MagicBands

bobogator

Original Poster
My daughter and I (annual passholders with MagicBands) will be hitting The World for a day trip (benefit of living in Jacksonville), and she'll be bringing a friend who will be buying a one-day FL resident pass when we get to the park. Is it possible for this guest to get a MagicBand at the park, so we can use the phone app or website to tie her ticket to the band and set up some fastPass+ options for the day?

Thanks!

stevehousse

That guest will not be able to get a band. They are starting to let non band users use FP+ through the kiosks though. Not all parks are online for this yet though. Assuming all parks are up and running like that when u go u have 2 options:

1. Have the guest use the FP+ kiosks and try to get same times as the rest of the group.

2. Have your group select FP+ for rides that have a ride swap pass, and just get ride swap passes a little bit before u go on those rides and they will be able to use the ride swap and stay together with u guys!

JohnD

No MB but the friend will get a card with a Disney character on it for admission. If you're going to AK, then your friend will be able to do FP+ from kiosks as soon as you enter but not before (this is in testing). Instead of the MB, just tap the admission card against the reader. To my knowledge, I haven't heard about other parks opening up this feature yet.

I can understand your frustration. At least with legacy FP, everyone goes up to the kiosk and gets return tickets for the same time. But for your day trip, you have FP+ and your friend doesn't (in those parks where it's not being tested for non-resort/non-AP guests).

bobogator

Original Poster
Thanks for the answers. I had no idea they were rolling out FP+ kiosks. We'll probably hit MK then HS, not AK, so we'll use our annual pass tickets/cards along with her one-day ticket for regular Fastpasses in both parks. I'll probably also set up three FP+ rides for our two magicbands for HS, and let the friend use my band so the girls can ride together.

As I recall, the ride swap passes are for families with babies, where one parent has to stay with the baby while the other family members ride, then the swap pass lets the other parent ride. We used to get those from the FP return area cast members, but they started getting picky about giving them out.

stevehousse

Like I said earlier, the kiosks will depend if all the parks have that rolled out, which at the time, only AK is running that test starting next week. The ride swap passes are not just for baby's, but for anyone in the party that doesn't want to ride. I never had a problem getting one this past trip...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom