One day at MK with FP+?

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
I know some people that are going to the Magic Kingdom on March 18th and have asked me some help in planning their day. I have not used fp+ at all so I need some help. I do know that they are buying their one day pass when they arrive so they will have to use the kiosks in the park to make their fast passes, right? Also for the whole day they will only be able to get 3 fast passes right?

The family is a family of 5 (mom, dad, 2 older teens, and a 3rd grader) so they will want to do the mountians for sure and some of the fantasyland rides. What do you think is the best touring plan? To ride some rides right away in the morning for about an hour and then make their fast passes or make fast passes and then ride?

Thanks for any help!

jlsHouston

I could probably better give you a better answer after my spring break trip when I get to experience crowds and the 3 FP limit.

I think I would send someone to the kiosk closest to the mountains and all the rest of the party can start hitting the mountains rides. In the past if we got to MK shortly after rope drop and walked immediately to BTMRR we would ride it twice and splash once and then grab a FP and run to POC then use our FP grab another FP, do a standby on the one we didn't have a FP for or hit JC or the carpet ride, then run to HM, then start on FL.

But I would recommend using the FP selection for rides in the afternoon times. I would pick Space, Peter Pan and the new mermaid ride. Because I would tour the mountains first and I would bet I could ride them both at least once immediate with no wait and then I could do standby all the way to FL, knock out rides in FL using 2 of the FP's and stand by some like Dumbo and IASW and Mickey Philharmagic, maybe have lunch at BOG around 2, line should be hopefully not bad by then, them make my way into Tomorrowland and do all the rides there stand by except for Space I would have the 3rd FP for.

Then I would hit Liberty Tree for late dinner and do a few more rides in that area before Wishes started..then catch the fireworks and then go back to Tomorrowland.

Any ways I am not much of a tour planner... I just sort of wander the parks until it gets too crowded or too hot. But if I were paying $ 100 bucks a pop for a one day theme park day, definitely they need a plan.

jlsHouston

Wow, one day and first visit. I would still recommend hitting Frontierland first and kind of simultaneously hitting the kiosk closest to the mountains and I have no idea where that would be. I would stay away from kiosks near the MK entrance if you know what I mean...

Are they going to dine in the park? I have to confess I have never done lunch at BOG because I refuse to wait in lines for food but my daughters and the kiddos had lunch there during Thanksgiving week, they said the line was about 25 minutes and they loved the turkey sandwich and they ordered the adult pork thing for the grandkids and they split it and loved it. I love the venue at BOG.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Your advice sounds kind of like what I was talking to them about. They are just planning on doing counter service in the parks, I warned them about the line for BOG, and they aren't that thrilled about that restaurant anyway. But I sure wish they had planned for more than one day.

jlsHouston

I just saw on another FP+ thread that there is a kiosk at the Frontierland train depot. They could ride the train into Frontierland and do their FP+ selections there right by BTMRR and Splash

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I know some people that are going to the Magic Kingdom on March 18th and have asked me some help in planning their day. I have not used fp+ at all so I need some help. I do know that they are buying their one day pass when they arrive so they will have to use the kiosks in the park to make their fast passes, right? Also for the whole day they will only be able to get 3 fast passes right?

The family is a family of 5 (mom, dad, 2 older teens, and a 3rd grader) so they will want to do the mountians for sure and some of the fantasyland rides. What do you think is the best touring plan? To ride some rides right away in the morning for about an hour and then make their fast passes or make fast passes and then ride?

Thanks for any help!

I think I would pop over to touringplans.com and have them set it up for you, they are the experts in maximizing use of your time at Disney

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom