One account controlling all magic bands

fluffyman24

Original Poster
I have a magic band i wish to attach to my account for another person that is coming on the trip with me, can i allocate the magic band to my account and assign the magic band to them, or will they have to create a Disney account and apply the magic band to there account.

Thanks a bunch

Tom

Beta Return
The best thing to do, to keep everything nice and clean and tidy, is for them to setup their own MDE account and have their own Magic Band. You can't re-assign a Magic Band to anyone else.

Are you staying in a Disney resort hotel? If so, are they on that reservation? Do you have tickets you purchased separately, or annual passes, or part of the MYW package?

fluffyman24

Original Poster
The reservation is on my account with all other party members not having accounts set up, im staying at a disney resort hotel and they are on the reservation

Rob562

If this is a *purchased* Magic Band and it has never been linked to another profile, then yes, you can add it to that person's profile, even if it's a sub-profile of yours.

But I agree with @Tom , if the person is an adult it's more tidy if they take over "ownership" of their own profile. You can click on the link next to their name (it says either "invite to plan and share" or "connect through a Disney account", something like that) and fill in their email.

Once they create their own profile and accept the friend request, anything listed under their name on *your* account will get moved over to theirs. You will still retain "ownership" of the reservations, etc but they will then control their own Magic Bands, etc.

-Rob

Weather_Lady

With apologies to Tolkien, you really need...

Three Fastpasses for the headliners under the sky,
Seven ADRs for restaurants in halls of faux stone,
Nine nights for the hotel in which you're doomed to lie,
One scheduled meet-and-greet with Cinderella on her throne.
On the internet where My Disney Experience lies:
One account to rule them all, one account to find them,
One account to bring them all, and with their ressies, bind them,
in the Magic Kingdom where the wait time estimates lie.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
With apologies to Tolkien, you really need...

Three Fastpasses for the headliners under the sky,
Seven ADRs for restaurants in halls of faux stone,
Nine nights for the hotel in which you're doomed to lie,
One scheduled meet-and-greet with Cinderella on her throne,
On the internet where My Disney Experience lies,
One account to rule them all, one account to find them,
One account to bring them all, and with their ressies, bind them,
in the Magic Kingdom where the wait time estimates lie.
You win the internet for the day!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom