Once Upon A Time goes to the Haunted Mansion

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
Spoiler alert: if you are watching the ABC series “once upon a time,” and haven’t watched the most recent episode, you may want to skip this.

I love that they gave more than a little nod to my favorite Walt Disney World attraction, the HM, including the character Leota! They left the door open so she could be part of the upcoming storyline and related items could be explored further.

If you do watch it, you will hear familiar phrases that remind you of your trips.

Sad to see this is the last year of the series, I don’t know what was the point of the whole reboot if it was only going to last one more season, but if they are going to go out, these are the kinds of touches that will make me happy until it ends.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Spoiler alert: if you are watching the ABC series “once upon a time,” and haven’t watched the most recent episode, you may want to skip this.

I love that they gave more than a little nod to my favorite Walt Disney World attraction, the HM, including the character Leota! They left the door open so she could be part of the upcoming storyline and related items could be explored further.

If you do watch it, you will hear familiar phrases that remind you of your trips.

Sad to see this is the last year of the series, I don’t know what was the point of the whole reboot if it was only going to last one more season, but if they are going to go out, these are the kinds of touches that will make me happy until it ends.

I really liked the Haunted Mansion references in that episode. Shame it's going off the air, I would have liked to see Figment and Dreamfinder show up in an episode. :)

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
How far did your resistance go? (i.e., when did it get good?)

I still haven’t warmed up to the new season and we have a number of unwatched eps in the DVR.

I think my resistance was based on losing Emma, Snow and Charming.

After the break in this season, I didn’t miss them anymore. In fact, I was glad it wasn’t the same old drama with them.

The last few episodes, I’m much more interested to see who is “waking up,” what new characters are coming in - it’s more like the first/second season where things were just being explored vs. big, convoluted plot lines.

Plus, not gonna lie - more screen time for Hook. The “black Irish” have always had a good chance with me lol.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I think my resistance was based on losing Emma, Snow and Charming.

After the break in this season, I didn’t miss them anymore. In fact, I was glad it wasn’t the same old drama with them.

The last few episodes, I’m much more interested to see who is “waking up,” what new characters are coming in - it’s more like the first/second season where things were just being explored vs. big, convoluted plot lines.

Plus, not gonna lie - more screen time for Hook. The “black Irish” have always had a good chance with me lol.

Ah, okay. So it got good after the break. :) We haven't seen any of the second half episodes yet, as the first half left me quite <meh>. Except, of course, for the "gazing at a certain pirate". ;)

Seeing who's waking up does sound interesting.

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
Some fun touches tonight - stop reading now if you don’t want to know! Or watch for these tidbits when you catch up.

Mickey pancakes!!

“Don’t you know there are children starving in Arendelle?”

The bicycle.

(Then the stupid news cut in during the very last minute - argh!)

Tony the Tigger

Original Poster
Didn’t “where all the realms came together” remind you of WDW?

I still was waiting to find out if Henry was going to turn out to be Walt or Mickey. He had no “character.”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom