Once Upon a Studio short film - missing characters

bobogator

Original Poster
Loved the filmā€¦got a little emotional when Mickey talked to Walt and when they all were singing When You Wish Upon a Star. šŸ˜Š Anyone notice how some major characters like Woody and Buzz didnā€™t make the cut? I wonder if they didnā€™t make it due to scale with the other charactersā€¦being toys theyā€™d be smaller than the Dalmatian puppies.

bobogator

Original Poster
Saw Ralph and Felix, but just realized thatā€™s not a Pixar film. Watched it again now to see who else, and it appears you are correctā€¦no Pixar. šŸ˜Š

Cmdr_Crimson

Loved the filmā€¦got a little emotional when Mickey talked to Walt and when they all were singing When You Wish Upon a Star. šŸ˜Š Anyone notice how some major characters like Woody and Buzz didnā€™t make the cut? I wonder if they didnā€™t make it due to scale with the other charactersā€¦being toys theyā€™d be smaller than the Dalmatian puppies.
This short is to reflect the Disney Animation studios side not the Bought out side (IE Blue Sky, Fox Animation, Touchstone and Pixar) or their other Animation Studio Disneytoons (So, no Goofy Movie, Planes or other Tinkerbell faries)

Getting back to who is Not there..From what I think should have as well..
Song of The South Characters
So Dear to My Heart Characters
Cmdr Rourke - Atlantis
Alameda Slim - Home on The Range
Wilbur - Rescuers Down Under (They show Orville with Bernard & Bianca)
Marahute (The Golden Eagle) - Rescuers Down Under
Jenny, Fagin, Sykes, Rosco and Desoto - Oliver & Co. (The main cast is there just not the side characters).

Last edited:

hismattjesty

I know he's near the end of the credits, but I really though Lucifer could have played a part in it. Possibly chasing the puppies or Jaq and Gus.

Musical Mermaid

Adding to the list:
- Julius the cat
- Toby Tortoise and Max Hare
- Pablo the penguin and Aracuan bird from The Three Caballeros
- Lulu Belle (they had Bongo) and Willie the giant from Fun and Fancy Free
- Bruno, Cinderella's dog (helped save Cinderella, should be there)
- Caterpillar, Walrus and Carpenter from Alice in Wonderland
- Siamese Cats from Lady and the Tramp
- Madame Bonfamille from Aristocats
- King Triton from Little Mermaid
- Yoyo Flamingo and the Sprite from Fantasia 2000
- Professor Owl

I wonder how many more they wanted to include but didn't.

AndyS2992

We could be here for ages, especially since the group shot at the end isnā€™t the clearest to make out. I donā€™t think the point of the movie was to include every single character, just reference every movie by having a couple of characters each from the Walt Disney Animation Studio films. Of course the more ā€˜problematicā€™ properties were omitted.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Correct^^^

It's not about the characters. It's about representing all of their animated movies.

Is bedknobs and broomsticks in it? Or Mary Poppins penguins? If so, then I'd justify it's not fair that the Brers aren't in it... Considering it's a historical representation of their films.

I think i can name those who aren't there

Magic Mirror
Toby Tortoise and Max Hare
Mrs Jumbo
Bambi's Mother, The Great Prince of the Forest
Pablo the penguin and Aracuan bird from The Three Caballeros
Lulu Belle and Willie the Giant
Bruno (Cinderella's Dog), Major (The Horse)
Caterpillar, The Walrus and the Carpenter
Si and Am
King Stefan, King Hubert, Queen Leah
Jasper and Horace
Professor Owl
The Vultures (Buzzy, Dizzy, Ziggy, Flaps)
Madame Bonfamille and Georges Harcourt from The Aristocats
King Richard
Ellie Mae and the Swamp Folk
Widow Tweed and Amos Slade
Dallben (The Black Cauldron)
Hiram Flaversham and the Queen of Mousetopia
Jenny Foxworth (Wished she was there with Oliver), Winston, Sykes (He wasn't there)
King Triton
Mufasa and Sarabi
Archdeacon
Hera
Fa Zhou, Fa Li, Grandmother Fa, Chi-Fu, The Emperor, Shan-Yu
Professor Porter
Spring Sprite, Rachel's Parents, Whales, Colorful Triangles, Black Bats, Yo Yo Flamingos, The Tin Soldier and the Ballerina, Jack in the Box
Eema, Baylene, Url, Neera, Kron
Chicha, Chaca Tipo and Yupi
Kashekim Nedakh, Preston Whitmore, Rourke and Helga Sinclair
Gantu, Grand Councilwoman, Cobra Bubbles
Sarah Hawkins, Scroop
Denhai, Sitka, Tanana
Pearl, Buck, Lucky Jack, Alameda Slim
Kirby (Chicken Little)
The Robinson Family, Mildred
Dr. Calico, Penny's Mother
Eudora, Eli La Bouff
Stabbington Brothers, King Fredric and Queen Arianna
Backson
Gene, Sour Bill
Duke of Weselton, Kai and Greda, King Agnarr and Queen Iduna
Robert Callaghan, Abigail Callaghan
Mayor Lionheart
Chief Tui, Sina, Tamatoa (Yes he wasn't there)
Yelena
Chief Benja, Virana
Mariano
Paul Bunyan, Casey Jones (The Brave Engineer)
Dahlia and Chronos (Destino)
Lorenzo
The Little Matchgirl and her Grandmother
Macfroogal (The Ballad of Nessie)
Meg (Paperman)
Kate (Inner Workings)
Marie Raccoon, Papa Raccoon, Baby Boy (Far from the Tree)

Those are the Characters i can think of.

Inhandable

Correct^^^

It's not about the characters. It's about representing all of their animated movies.

Is bedknobs and broomsticks in it? Or Mary Poppins penguins? If so, then I'd justify it's not fair that the Brers aren't in it... Considering it's a historical representation of their films.
Yes! The Mary Poppins penguins are in the movie and in the end photo! And so is the King Lion from the football match in Bedknobs and Broomsticks šŸ˜

Dear Prudence

We could be here for ages, especially since the group shot at the end isnā€™t the clearest to make out. I donā€™t think the point of the movie was to include every single character, just reference every movie by having a couple of characters each from the Walt Disney Animation Studio films. Of course the more ā€˜problematicā€™ properties were omitted.
Pecos Bill, Pocahontas, Peter Pan characters were all still there šŸ„“šŸ„²

Edit: I am not playing Oppression Olympics here (I don't mess with that ish), but it is troubling that properties that use racial slurs and depicted actual violence against their respective targets made the cut over others.

Last edited:

Musical Mermaid

There were some I didn't recognize either, but turns out they were from newer shorts and movies I haven't seen.

It's understandable they wouldn't be able to have everyone, but it is a little sad to see some characters, like the brers, omitted.

Inhandable

The knowledge of deep cut characters from the members here is impressive!
Don't test a true Disney fan!! I got into a conversation as to why Zeus from Hercules was included in the photo, but King Triton from The Little Mermaid wasn't! I could only justify it with the fact that Triton is a Merman and that he'd need to be in an aquarium, Flounder was in the Mad Hatter's Hat, filled with water, and Ursula is an Octopus/Witch/Lady that should be able to survive on land!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom