On Site, Room Only

MaxsDad

Original Poster
We are suddenly going next next month for a week to AKV/BC. My wife and I already have AP's, but everyone else in our party of 8 does not have tickets yet. Hence, they can not get FP+ ressies eventhough they are listed under our trips Friends and family on MDx, and on our room ressies.

It seems to me that we are better off not signing up for any FP+ for my wife and I as our whole party can not participate because others are buying tickets upon arrival.

We have RFID AP cards now. Surely we will all still be able to get paper FP's upon entering the park as in the old days? And that leads to, can/should we get magic bands if we want to use the old system?

JohnD

You're trying to put the cart before the horse. As resort guests that have access to FP+ but tickets haven't yet been purchased. They don't have tickets yet, therefore, they cannot enter any parks, therefore they cannot get FP+. Have them purchase their tickets ASAP. I strongly suggest purchasing them online ahead of time, either directly through WDW or an agency like AAA. You'll get emailed a purchase certificate from WDW. Log the serial numbers into MDE and their ticket certificates will be linked although you won't have the actual tickets. Just get those at Guest Relations in one of the parks or DTD.

After that, because they're resort guests AND they'll have tickets that get them into the parks, assuming they have accounts on MDE, they should have immediate access to FP+.

Last edited:

Minthorne

In a similar situation in November I booked my fastpass+ selections (I have AP) then once my friend got tickets when he arrived I just copied my fastpass+ selections to him.

JohnD

I'm going with my parents in April. I have an AP. They purchased 3-day FR tix from AAA. AAA sent a confirmation purchase email and several days later WDW sent an email with ticket certificates attached as PDF. My Dad printed out the email from WDW with the ticket certificates. I logged into their WDW accounts I created for them (as their son I can do that) and linked one certificate each to their accounts.

Because we're resort guests, we now have immediate access to FP+ in a 60 day window. Not that would do any good for us now -- we're going in April. Once we get into early February, the window will encompass the timeframe of our trip. I'll make the FP+ selections then.

We'll pick up their actual tix at DTD guest relations on our arrival date. By that time FP+ selections would already be made.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom