On ride Photos.

DisneyCP2000

Original Poster
I've seen a couple of people do this...
Take a photo of your 'on-ride photo' to save cash. They usually turn out okay and the memories are just as good ;) Then you can purchase the ones you REALLY like.

wsapooh

I may have to try that. I've never bought an on-ride photo becuase of the high costs.

I'll let you know how it turns out!

Disney4648

Originally posted by wsapooh
I may have to try that. I've never bought an on-ride photo becuase of the high costs.

They are expensive arent they! I dont want to pay $14.95 for an embarassing picture of me and my friends with scared expressions on our faces. LOL!:lol:

DivineMadness7

We always plan ahead if we think we want to get an onride photo to make sure our group is all prepared for it...

Example: the last time we rode Splash Mountain (last December) we were the only people riding it! So everyone in our picture was going to be from our family. So I coordinated it...

2 people sat in each row and stuck their arms out to each side, in a "diving" sort of gesture. Then my 7 foot tall uncle was in the middle of the back row by himself with his arms straight up in the air in a diving pose.....

It got some laughs from the people at the photo purchasing area....:lol: it was the best on-ride photo we ever got, and well worth the money in my opinion! :p

JBSLJames

GOOD CALL. If you know where the picture is taken (an all but first time riders probably do) you can make the picture what you want it to be...but the cost, even at PKI, is really outrageous for what it is.

Tom

Beta Return
Originally posted by JBSLJames
GOOD CALL. If you know where the picture is taken (an all but first time riders probably do) you can make the picture what you want it to be...but the cost, even at PKI, is really outrageous for what it is.

Yeah, I can print the exact same photo at my office on Photo Paper and with Photo Ink for about $1.00 - HAHA, but you expect price gouging at a theme park. They have LOTS of expenses to maintain the magic.

The last time my brother, 2 friends and I went, we got the E-Ticket and rode Splash Mtn about 7 times in a row. Each time we practiced looking right at the camera for the photo - which is hard to do. Finally, on the 7th trip, we did it perfectly and had a great picture. We bought ONE of them, and then I scanned it and reprinted it on the same paper at my office. They look nice.

CamCodey

Ask for "Photo Card"

Hi!

I've taken pictures of the ride photos & some of them turn out pretty well (if you can get rid of glare).

Even if you're NOT interested in purchasing a ride photo ask for a "Photo card". It's a piece of paper that the CM writes down your photo # on to hand in at the purchasing desk.

Splash Mt. and ToT have nice cards that make nice souveniers to put into your scrapbook. There's no obligation to purchase the photo if you're given a photo card.

Have a great day!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom