OMG ... The LM Movie

trekkie

Original Poster
Oh God ... I just saw the trailer for the Lizzie McGuire movie.

Get ready for another bomb by Walt Disney Pictures. It'll probably do well the first week, when all the over-hyped tweens will drag their moms to the film.

trekkie

Original Poster
Hmmm ... Which to choose? :)

X-MEN 2 will be awesome, I can gaurantee it! One of those few sequels that will be as good or better than the first

wdwmaniac

I think it is going ot be better than holes. I thiknk it will make around 45 million it only had a 3 million budget so it will make it back. So I don't think we have to worry the movie I would watch out for is PotC July 9. It looks good but alot of mony behind it. If you want to see a movie tank watch Dreamwork's Sinbad of the Seven sea's this summer go down to the bottom of the sea.

dizpins14

I have a feeling Sinbad isn't going to tank as much as Treasure Planet did. Although I really liked that film, it just didn't make money.

MicBat

The tremendous popularity of the Lizzie Mcguire TV show on the disney channel proves otherwise. Not only is this show popular amongst preteens, but also teen and adult audiences. Sure it's got some stiff competition, but I think the audiences that x-men 2 brings will bring tag along audiences to the LM movie.

TURKEY

How can you consider a movie that will be earning profits in the first weekend a bomb?

I think that it will be comprable to The Princess Diary?? It's made by the same people and it's going to have a large fan base.

trekkie

Original Poster
I dunno ... we'll wait and see how well it does. Personally, I'd be surprised if it performs extremely well after the first couple weeks.

In answer to your question, soooooooooooooo many lousy films debut as #1 at the box ofice; a few weeks later, they leave the theaters, only to re-apear as a DVD that only a handful of people buy.

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
Originally posted by dizpins14
I have a feeling Sinbad isn't going to tank as much as Treasure Planet did. Although I really liked that film, it just didn't make money.

I think it will. The normal film starts marketing campaign seven to nine months before its release date. Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas hasn't even released a teaser trailer and it is set for release in two months.

BOMBS AWAY!!!!!!!!

MicBat

Originally posted by MickeyMoose15
I think it will. The normal film starts marketing campaign seven to nine months before its release date. Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas hasn't even released a teaser trailer and it is set for release in two months.

BOMBS AWAY!!!!!!!!

I've never even heard of it! :) :confused:

trekkie

Original Poster
It's like PHONE BOOTH. It was like every other commercial was the trailer! Now, I haven't seen the film, so I don't have an opinion yet; but it debuted on top, yet has slipped down ever since.

xoxJEWELxox

The Lizzie Movie looks cute but I don't think it will be a film for everyone. I'm a 14 year old girl but I have two brothers....20 and 17....I don't think they will be coming to it with me :lol:

MicBat

Originally posted by xoxJEWELxox
The Lizzie Movie looks cute but I don't think it will be a film for everyone. I'm a 14 year old girl but I have two brothers....20 and 17....I don't think they will be coming to it with me :lol:
You never know... Hillary Duff is pretty hott... even to us college guys! :) :animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom