Old maps.

tenchu

Original Poster
Anyone got any maps of the parks from when they firsted opened that they fancy sharing?

Scan in's or whatever.

MKCustodial

Originally posted by tenchu
Anyone got any maps of the parks from when they firsted opened that they fancy sharing?

Scan in's or whatever.

I have from 1990, 92, 94/95, 96 and 99/00. The hard part would be finding some free time to scan it all, though...

One of the best ones I have is the first (I think) Universal Studios guide map. Back to the Future was a "SOON" attraction! :lol:

tenchu

Original Poster
Re: Re: Old maps.

Originally posted by MKCustodial

I have from 1990, 92, 94/95, 96 and 99/00. The hard part would be finding some free time to scan it all, though...

One of the best ones I have is the first (I think) Universal Studios guide map. Back to the Future was a "SOON" attraction! :lol:

I just think they're quite interesting to see the changes going through 'the world.'

Universal ones would also be more than welcome MKCustodial. :wave:

tenchu

Original Poster
Re: Maps

Originally posted by BigAL
I have one from Epcot from the early 80's. It is the biggest park map I have ever seen.

Kinda defies the point of a map if you need a truck to carry it about! Ha ha. :lol:

Sketch105

Heres Disney MGM, circa 91

Attachments

• mgmmap91.jpg
    mgmmap91.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 213

wdwcrazy

Thanks for sharing that! I think the maps have gotten a little better as the years have gone on. Just a little. :lol:

Sketch105

and the bottom....

(the first one was easy. these 95 maps are too big for my scanner..)

Attachments

• mgmbottom295.jpg
    mgmbottom295.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 170

Sketch105

and Future World (I'll post Mexico and Canada next)

Note: Horizons was not listed or described on this map as being open.

Attachments

• futureworld.jpg
    futureworld.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 151

kwt10

Thanks for taking the time to scan and share. It helps me remember all the trips down over the years to see the different style of disney maps.

jonmar

I have the following maps but would love to get something earlier:

Epcot 86 and basically up to 2001 for the most part
Magic Kingdom - 88,89 and up
Studios - when it opened and up

I really would love to see a park guide from the beginning if anyone has one please let me know..I am working on scanning the guide books I have just mentioned....later

Sketch105

Here's an odd little tidbit: In the Epcot 95 brochure, they note: T"The Magical World of Barbie- Barbie comes to life on stage with sensational songs and a world of new friends. Meet her at Showcase Plaza"

What the heck was Barbie doing in Epcot? and for another thing, when Toy Story came out, didn't they say they did not use Barbie because [the Mattel Corporation] did not want her to have a voice since kids liked using their own? ( they believed in this until they changed their mind when it was a big hit ;), of course )

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
I've got MK guide books and maps as far back as Dec. 1973, back when GAF was the official film of WDW. The guide books had maps of each land along with the attractions and the ticket type (A to E) that the attractions required. If I ever get my scanner up and running, I'll get these scanned. I actually found a pile of old tickets too. I'm surprised at all the stuff I've saved over the years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom