Old Magic Bands

kma71677

Original Poster
Hey Everyone-

Does anyone have an old Magic Band from a previous trip that they no longer need? A friend of mine is wanting one. I told her that I would see if a CM would give me one when I went up next weekend, but I'm sure they're probably pretty stingy with them. If anyone is willing to part with one, could you please message me? I will be eternally greatful!

Weather_Lady

Gee, I just went on eBay figuring I could say, "you can find them there for a couple of dollars."

Silly me -- not only are people selling their used MagicBands for no less than $15 apiece, but even the EMPTY BOXES they were shipped in are being listed for $20 or more! I realize that the bands open something in the Disney Infinity game, but really? Really!?!

I'm sure someone here will be able to help you.

stevehousse

Even if your friend got someone's used MB, she wouldn't be able to use it. Those bands are associated with people's Disney experience accounts and if they don't have valid tickets with their account they will not be able to use FP+ with it at all? This isn't even worth trying. Stick with the kiosks.

Tom

Beta Return
Hey Everyone-

Does anyone have an old Magic Band from a previous trip that they no longer need? A friend of mine is wanting one. I told her that I would see if a CM would give me one when I went up next weekend, but I'm sure they're probably pretty stingy with them. If anyone is willing to part with one, could you please message me? I will be eternally greatful!

For what purpose? If she just wants one as a "collector's item" and won't be visiting the parks anytime soon, perhaps someone will give theirs up. Keep in mind that it will have someone's name on it, and that person should un-link it from their MDE account first.

If she wants one because she'll be visiting the parks, she should just wait and get her own.

Or you could pull the "I lost mine" and get a gray one when you check-in at your resort. The CM may unlink your "lost" one though.

kma71677

Original Poster
She wants one for the above mentioned purpose. Her son wants to unlock a special feature with his Disney Infinity toy system.

stevehousse

Just n FYI, we did this with our sons band when they came in the mail, all it does is unlock a small dragon that flies around way up in the sky, that's it. Not worth spending more than 5 dollars for if that!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom