Old Key West needs to upgrade?

FOXwithEARS

Okay one year ago, I was staying at Saratoga Springs and it was so nice and perfect. When I came back to WDW, I stayed at OKW and I got to admit, I think they need to refurbish and upgrade some of the rooms and buildings. Knowing that SS is newier and all, I'm just saying if OKW wants to be a deluxe resort, they need to show it. What about you guys?:kiss:

sittle

Okay one year ago, I was staying at Saratoga Springs and it was so nice and perfect. When I came back to WDW, I stayed at OKW and I got to admit, I think they need to refurbish and upgrade some of the rooms and buildings. Knowing that SS is newier and all, I'm just saying if OKW wants to be a deluxe resort, they need to show it. What about you guys?:kiss:

I agree..... I stayed there 4 years ago, but I would agree it needs a little work, it reminded me of being on the set of Golden Girls, (which isn't so bad per se) and it was showing a little wear and tear, but otherwise it was a pleasant stay, very enjoyable!

I do like Saratoga Springs better than OKW... the layout and close proximity to DTD is really convenient!

... It's my dream to stay at the Polynesian... Someday!!

Upvote 0

LivFreeorDisney

I stayed at OKW about three years ago and I agree that it needs some upgrades and but the Resort is very nice and very relaxing.
I like how you can access your room from the outside like an apartment and how its so pieceful when walking around the place.

SSR is our home resort and we've been twice in the last three years and we just love it and hope to return soon.

But as far as our favorite resort, that's the Villas at Wilerness Lodge hands down.

Upvote 0

disneyfan56

Isn't it nice that there are so many different resorts for each unique taste?

I think I would rather ram sharp sticks through my eyes than every stay at Saratoga again.:)

Upvote 0

pax_65

They are systematically refurbishing Old Key West building by building. We just returned from a stay there, we got a unit that had recently been refurbished. It was in great shape. If you happened to stay in a unit that hasn't been refurbished yet... I'm sure it showed some wear.

Old Key West is my favorite resort because...

1. It's quiet and removed from the craziness - a nice break from the parks.
2. It has a great theme... nice to relax by the pool with Jimmy Buffet music playing.
3. You stay in individual buildings, not in one giant hotel-like structure (thus no hotel-like experiences like having noisy idiots walking down the hallway at 3 am)
4. You can park your car in front of your unit
5. Good pools - large main pool with decent slide, nice "quiet" pools
5. Has a nice full-service restaurant, great snack bar by the main pool, convenient bar/snack by the Turtle Pond pool

By the way, I've stayed in almost all the DVC resorts and I like them all for different reasons.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom