Old Key West - Bus Frequency

London Bill

I have just booked two weeks vacation at Old Key West for August 2012. However, reading through some old threads i saw one post that indicated Old Key West had a limited Disney bus service i.e no service between midday and 6pm each day. Given that we will not be renting a car, this would be a significant issue. So, before I head back to my travel agent to amend my hotel, can I request your help in providing clarity on this topic please?

Many thanks in advance for any help you can provide...

Plowboy

We stayed at OKW a couple of years ago and had no problems with bus transportation. I find it hard to believe that they have cut bus service in afternoons. It may be a little less frequent, but cut?, doubt it.

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Disney tries to have resort buses every 20 minutes.

People standing waiting rarely check their watches when they arrive and later report that they "felt" like they waited an hour... :rolleyes:

If you have a cell phone and find yourself legitimately waiting more than half an hour at a stop, call Disney Transportation at 407-939-7433. The dispatcher should be able to tell you approximately when the next bus will arrive at your stop. I've had that number on my phone for years and only needed to use it once. :shrug:

Upvote 0
Buses

We were there this June just gone--there was no problem with the buses then. I can`t imagine there being no buses in the afternoon, as OKW is quite isolated so the buses are important.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

Disney runs buses at their resorts as long as something is open. Not sure where that little bit of information came from, but I can assure you that it is not true.

Upvote 0

London Bill

Original Poster
Thanks for the replies to date. I think I'll stay with OKW unless anyone has info to the contrary regarding the transportation.

Appreciate everyone's help...

Upvote 0

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Thanks for the replies to date. I think I'll stay with OKW unless anyone has info to the contrary regarding the transportation.

Appreciate everyone's help...

Oh def dont change!! We stayed there for 3 weeks last summer and will again next year! Bus service was great and the resort was beautiful and so so relaxing!

Huge rooms too, enjoy :wave:

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

We did a week at OKW a year or so ago, and I know for a fact that most days at least part of our party returned to the resort during that time period and had no issues with the bus.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom