Old Key West Advice

Something you may want to consider is elevators. The buildings are 3 stories tall and only buildings 62, 63, and 64 have elevators. At the end of a long day those stairs can be daunting. Especially with an infant and all that goes with an infant. You might want to request one of those buildings or first floor on another building.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
We have plans to be there July 26-28 though a 2 bed and found HH area to stay less than 2 months out. We actually try to get on at HH so I rarely pay attention to the next two stops as it is anymore. Though sometimes we get on at Peninuslar if there. I'm not so keen on most of the turn arounds there.

As we got on the bus tonight to head to Magic Kingdom, I was reminded of our discussion last month about the bus stops. Not sure when this sign might have been posted, but it appears that right now the official order has Turtle Pond after South Point.
IMG_0753.JPG

Powerline's Roadie

Original Poster
We have plans to be there July 26-28 though a 2 bed and found HH area to stay less than 2 months out. We actually try to get on at HH so I rarely pay attention to the next two stops as it is anymore. Though sometimes we get on at Peninuslar if there. I'm not so keen on most of the turn arounds there.

I prefer waterways for some reason. I find them more peaceful and interesting to look at
I saw your going soon let us know how it is post covid. Have fun!

tanc

Love this resort but the bus situation is rough. Literally faster usually to get off at the stop and walk sometimes.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Oh really? How is getting to the parks since it sounds like coming back isn’t great.

We were the only people on our bus to MK yesterday afternoon. At park closing the bus we took back to OKW was not full but did have a few other parties. The driver checked bus stops for each party and did not even go to South Point since nobody was using that stop.

tanc

We were the only people on our bus to MK yesterday afternoon. At park closing the bus we took back to OKW was not full but did have a few other parties. The driver checked bus stops for each party and did not even go to South Point since nobody was using that stop.
However, usually they don't check and go through to every place in my experience. If you are someone that needs assistance, it will take quite a bit longer to get to your room. If you do not need assistance, you can just get off at certain stops and it will save you time. Of course, you will have to walk though in that case and after a long day, it could be the last thing you feel like doing.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
However, usually they don't check and go through to every place in my experience. If you are someone that needs assistance, it will take quite a bit longer to get to your room. If you do not need assistance, you can just get off at certain stops and it will save you time. Of course, you will have to walk though in that case and after a long day, it could be the last thing you feel like doing.
I would try to be set up near either the main pool or the one with the Turtle Shack, that one has a free Guitar Hero video game.
Good to know. Thanks!

Right now, nothing is like usual. Yes, on our other 20+ trips to OKW, we have only once or twice had a driver ask which stop and then skip stops (and it only ever happens after park closing), but right now with only 24 people on the bus at most they are doing things quite differently.

FYI - the Turtle Pond pool is currently open, but the Turtle Snack quick service is not (and I doubt it will be opening by the time you travel, @Powerline's Roadie ). Also, arcades are not open at all resort-wide.

correcaminos

As we got on the bus tonight to head to Magic Kingdom, I was reminded of our discussion last month about the bus stops. Not sure when this sign might have been posted, but it appears that right now the official order has Turtle Pond after South Point.
View attachment 485977
Thanks so much! Those two have flipped more times than I can count lol Nice to know the order now. And maybe they'll stop changing it....
I saw your going soon let us know how it is post covid. Have fun!
Not going. Where I live added states to quarantine for 14 days upon return. While my husband works from home a lot we cannot guarantee 14 days since he is IT and often has to go in. Maybe next year. For now we have a GV booked next June to make up for this year's missed trips.

slipperalwaysfits

Not going. Where I live added states to quarantine for 14 days upon return. While my husband works from home a lot we cannot guarantee 14 days since he is IT and often has to go in. Maybe next year. For now we have a GV booked next June to make up for this year's missed trips.

So sorry you had to cancel your trip! Hopefully next years' trip works out for you!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom