OKW first time visit

luvinthemajik

Original Poster
Just booked 1 bdrm. villa for 1st time stay at OKW in early June.Heard some bldgs. have been refreshed, anyone know which ones,and if they are continuing, which will be worked on In june?

How is the Peninsular Rd area for getting a seat on the buses, access to HH?
Is HH the first stop coming back from parks?
Prefer an elevator bldg,62or 63 but concerned that buses will be full when they get to that area.
Thank you in advance for your help.

anchorman314

Just booked 1 bdrm. villa for 1st time stay at OKW in early June.Heard some bldgs. have been refreshed, anyone know which ones,and if they are continuing, which will be worked on In june?

Prefer an elevator bldg,62or 63 but concerned that buses will be full when they get to that area.
According to DVC News, buildings 30-33 are finished, buildings 34 & 35 are in progress, and it's possible that buildings 40-44 are up next since the Turtle Pond recreation area is closing for a refurb. The Peninsular Road stop is the first stop, so you'd be the first on the bus in the mornings. As the day goes on, the buses will have people returning from the parks, so they may be occupied, but aren't usually packed until the night time return trips. The Peninsular Road area is also an easy walk to the HH area, as well as to the first few buildings on Miller's Road (including 62 and 63). We've stayed in either 16 or 62 in the past, and have used both the Peninsular and HH bus stops, both going to and coming back from the parks. Both stops are very convenient.

luvinthemajik

Original Poster
Thank you @anchorman314 ,this helps a lot.Since I need an elevator,and 1 member of my party is very frightened of staying on first floor with a patio/ balcony, ( ducks and geese do bite)I'm hoping for bldg.#62 top floor.Other than it hasn't been renovated, it seems to give us proximity to the first bus stop in and out of the parks, main pool for kids ,and a 2nd bathroom entrance along with the very important 2nd or 3rd floor.I'm excited about trying a new resort. Your help is appreciated!

nickys

Premium Member

Paging OKW aficionado @helenabear for advice.

Again! :)

correcaminos

June should be at Turtle Pond for refurbishment. At least that is the guess based on scheduled closures. Right now only 30-33 have been completed.

Peninuslar is always the first stop going to the parks and HH is the last. We actually walk to HH and do not have issues getting on there. So the same is true for 62-64. Those are easy walks to HH or Peninuslar which I love getting off quicker going back to the room.

Thanks @nickys for the tag too. It's spring break so we're on vacation this week and I totally missed this thread

correcaminos

Thank you @helenabear , this info is perfect for me,I feel more secure about our decision to stay at OKW,and now am even more excited to have my hubby and grandkids start looking at the pics of where we will be staying.
Thank you @nickeys for the call to help from @helenabear .
Glad to help and I hope you have a fantastic trip there. Be sure to try out Olivia's as well as the community hall there. The staff that runs everything is just wonderful.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom