OK Star Wars/Star tours fans...

redkenwolf

Original Poster
I have been hearing rumors for a long time about the refurbishment of Star tours for the new episodes. I'm not sure if this rumor is true or not but I have a question for you....

If you were redoing the Star Wars ride (If you want it redone) which seens from Episode I or Episode II would you want to see in the new Star wars ride.

Personally I am not sure how the queue could be different but I just saw episode II and the scene where anakin is driving the yellow speeder in the city looks incredible or in episode II where Anakin is pod racing. I'm not sure how that would fit into the whole "Traveling to Endor" in the queue, so what do you think.....

DisJosh

Well the pod racer scene is the rumour that was floating around a while ago. I would liketo see a general refurbishment of the ride and maybe a new film of the trench scene done in CG rather than a whole new ride. And if I'm correct ST recently went down for refurbishment so maybe they'll clean the cabins up a little...maybe even new seats. That would be enough to make me happy. :)

disneydawn

I LOVE Star Wars & would LOVE to have something updated & more like the real movies...although because of certain reasons, they cant do that.

BUT--I think an actual "ride" would be cool, the podracer scene for sure would be great, but also the trench would be good too.

Of course, IMHO, I would love an entire Star Wars themed "world" :)

DisneyFreak721

How many simulators are there in the building. I think there are 6 but i am not sure. Anyway, this is what I heard. Each simulator will take a different "Flight." There would still be the one to Endor, and new ones like to Tatooine, Naboo, Coruscant, and probably some others. I would like to see this one happen, but i have no clue how they would organize that. Plus I like it the way it is now. I don't want them to take good ole captain rex away. He's one of my Animatronic Favorites.

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by DisneyFreak721
How many simulators are there in the building. I think there are 6 but i am not sure. Anyway, this is what I heard. Each simulator will take a different "Flight." There would still be the one to Endor, and new ones like to Tatooine, Naboo, Coruscant, and probably some others. I would like to see this one happen, but i have no clue how they would organize that. Plus I like it the way it is now. I don't want them to take good ole captain rex away. He's one of my Animatronic Favorites.

this is absolutely the best idea i've heard for this ride! that would be so great, because you'd never really know which one you would get! plus, has anyone ever done this type of thing before? Disney's top-notch at breaking new ground, so i was just wondering.
as for a pod-racing film/theme, i, personally, would hate it! i hated Episode 1, and don't kill me Star Wars fans, because i really am one of you all, but i just thought the whole movie was crap. there was just something missing from it. Episode 2 however is the best movie i've seen so far this year! it just blew me away! and i agree that the scene with Anakin driving the yellow speeder through the city would be awesome for a simulator type ride! but 2 problems with that (this works for the pod racers as well)....#1. i don't see how they would make the cars (it couldn't be a speeder, because you have to be enclosed in a simulator) and #2. i'm not so sure it'd fit in quite well with Star 'Tours' because you wouldn't really be taking a tour of anything. plus, i REALLY love the light speed parts, and you really couldn't have that in a city setting.
but, to contradict myself, if i may, i just thought of a way they COULD do something like that if they wanted to....with a speeder, that is. Disney could make a completely new simulator, where it wraps all the way around you, and over you. sort of like a 360 degree show, only in a smaller scale, and sort of make it like a bubble over the speeder. that way, they could have a speeder, and not have to make it enclosed with a screen just in the front. i'm not sure if that would be possible, though. what do you all think?

redkenwolf

Original Poster
I was thinking the same thing about episode one, when I heard there might be a refurbishment of the ride to include episode one I was sort of dissipointed, not saying the pod racer scene was awesome- but I really liked the city scene in episode II a lot better. And I was also thinking it would be hard to make it a"tour" but they managed to get the tour in the current one where they are in battle. Maybe you will have a tour of the city and it goes haywire- or instead of Anakin stealing the speeder he steals the "tour ship" and chases the bad guy. Just some duggestions.

goofyfan13

Originally posted by DisneyFreak721
How many simulators are there in the building. I think there are 6 but i am not sure. Anyway, this is what I heard. Each simulator will take a different "Flight." There would still be the one to Endor, and new ones like to Tatooine, Naboo, Coruscant, and probably some others.

That is a great Idea because I like the whole runaway "flight" theme to the ride. Since the flights would be differant, like the first one has an encounter with the death star, maybe the others could have encounters with the trade federation or you could be chased by Jenga Fett, just a few ideas that could work.

james4023464

for Episode 1- I would like a podracing sim
for Episode 2- I would like a Coruscant chase scene sim

Disney please make these simulators

dizpins14

it seems to me that Star Tours usually doesn't run all their simulators at one time. Only using three or so where they have six I think. They should try and tie most if not all of the films into a longer ride, getting rid of the comets scene.

bgraham34

This is a ride that I love to hate. I am a huge Star Wars fan. My whole bedroom is Star Wars until I move out at least. Then next year I get a whole basement which I will design in a Star Wars motiff.

But I must say this ride is so outdated, the only reason I even go it is because I want to see R2 and C3po.

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by bgraham34
But I must say this ride is so outdated, the only reason I even go it is because I want to see R2 and C3po.

i really, really don't understand how you can say that.....it's as outdated as the original trilogy! if you're offended by me saying that...don't be. all i'm trying to say is that a classic is a classic, no matter if it's a movie or an attraction at a theme park. both the original trilogy and the ride are classics, at least in my book. some people like the newer movies better, some don't...i personally don't, although i rank Ep. 2 right up there with them. people don't get tired of watching classic movies...i don't see why they get tired of riding classic rides (some people do, at least) excuse me while i rant a little here.....i don't understand why when a ride becomes 'outdated', people automatically assumes that it needs to be updated or replaced. but when a film becomes 'outdated' looking, and begins to show the wear and tear, people decide they need to preserve it. now, i know we can't preserve EVERY ride cuz there's just not enough room, and i'm all for updating only when it BETTERS the quality of the ride...but why fix something that's not broken? if it's just the film quality that you find 'outdated' or maybe a sequence of events in the ride, and if you enjoy watching the original trilogy, then i really can't see what the big deal is....the quality of the ride's film, is the exact same quality of the original trilogy's (in terms of colors, style of shooting, etc) and if you don't mind watching a good movie over and over again, then why make a fuss over riding a good ride over and over? just some of my thoughts...

Steamboat_Kevin

I like it pretty well just the way it is, but it would be pretty cool if they had the pod racing scene or the chase scene.
But I hope they never change the queue, that's one of the best in all of WDW.

monorail256

Really anything from any Star Wars movie would please me.. my ideas would be for the following episodes-

Episode 1- Pod Racer of Space fight at the droid control ship
Episode 2- Chase scene or like you could be in a clone trooper ship blowing up Federation star ships...

I've saw episode II 5 times so far and everytime I go back and see it I see different things... such as the Millenium Falcon when Senetor Amidala and Anakin arrive on Naboo (Bottom left hand corner of the screen... I was like "WHOA!")

Chad

I've always thought that the key to making Star Tours a Good ride in the future, would be to Tie the -OLD- star wars trilogy in with the -NEW- ones...I Think that Having 3 different destinations would be great, but that should just be one scene, all the sims should share the same ending, which would be the battle with the Death Star with the trench run and stuff...After it's blown up, you'd get picked up by a rebel cruiser, and a new section of the ride would begin..

You'd exit your Sim, and into a show area, where you would be greeted by a rebel commander, who has recruited you for a mission on Endor..Apparently, the plans for a new death star where sent to a bunker, and we have destroy them before they start work on another one..You're given A vest and blaster rifel (Similar to the usual Laser Tag games) and you follow your commander out on paths through a big Endor set, where AT-AT's (The Big Tank walker things) and StormTroopers would pop out, and you'd have to duck behind logs and return fire, get points, Etc..anyway, this would REALLY hit it home for Star Wars fans, they'd actually be IN the Star Wars Universe, PLus, everyone loves an interactive ride :)

BTW: The 3 scenes for the Sims would
1: Battle at Hoth
2: Pod Race
3. Chase through Coruscant

monorail256

Originally posted by Chad
I've always thought that the key to making Star Tours a Good ride in the future, would be to Tie the -OLD- star wars trilogy in with the -NEW- ones...I Think that Having 3 different destinations would be great, but that should just be one scene, all the sims should share the same ending, which would be the battle with the Death Star with the trench run and stuff...After it's blown up, you'd get picked up by a rebel cruiser, and a new section of the ride would begin..

You'd exit your Sim, and into a show area, where you would be greeted by a rebel commander, who has recruited you for a mission on Endor..Apparently, the plans for a new death star where sent to a bunker, and we have destroy them before they start work on another one..You're given A vest and blaster rifel (Similar to the usual Laser Tag games) and you follow your commander out on paths through a big Endor set, where AT-AT's (The Big Tank walker things) and StormTroopers would pop out, and you'd have to duck behind logs and return fire, get points, Etc..anyway, this would REALLY hit it home for Star Wars fans, they'd actually be IN the Star Wars Universe, PLus, everyone loves an interactive ride :)

BTW: The 3 scenes for the Sims would
1: Battle at Hoth
2: Pod Race
3. Chase through Coruscant

Very cool Idea! But one thing... thats a dream that will probably never happen. Lazer tag would be so awesome! On a side note.. have they ever let ppl go up in the Ewok village?! I think that would be soo cool!

Chad

Thanks!
But when you think about it, it's actually cheaper then a normal ride..You don't have any complex systems to put up, all they have to do is build a big warehouse, then decorate it. The only -Big- Expenses would be the Animotronic Targets you would shoot at, and the vests and guns..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom