Ok let's air it out there......

Yensid_Robert9

Original Poster
What are you most frustrated with when it comes to the parks nowadays? Is it recent storylines for attractions? Ideas of the attractions? Placement? Or could it be WDI in general? Well here's my two cents.

(If this has been talked about or brought up recently feel free to delete, I was just curious if anyone agreed with some of my points.)

1) Tomorrowland: Is/was my favorite land in the Magic Kingdom! Granted I still always wanna run there first when entering the park, but other than about three attractions and the overall theming, where is the "Tomorrow" theme when it comes to MILF or SGE. I loved it when it was all a galactic convention center (whether it was just AE or the whole land, not sure)

2)American Idol!?: Ok so I naver met Walt Disney, never had a conversation with him, but after reading so much about him and seeing everything he personally had a hand in deciding on as far as attractions go, does anyone really think he would approve?

Honestly I think Animal Kingdom is probably the only park that hasn't suffered misplacement yet. But after all it is the youngest so who knows what's to come. Interested in hearing what others have to say on this topic.

Laura

Premium Member
While you think American Idol would be terrible, many people will think the opposite. The same goes with every other thing at Disney. There's something for everyone and no way to make a park where every person will love every part of it. There is no right or wrong, and there is nothing to debate.

happymom52003

Even though I personally will probably never be interested in visiting the American Idol attraction, I think it will fit in just fine with the theming of DHS. Now if they would have put it in one of the other parks, then I think it would seem out of place. But at DHS, it fits...in my opinion.

OK. I will be next. A few fustrations of mine.

1) Soarin. I love the ride, it has become one of my favorites. And it has become one of the most popular rides in Epcot. But if you do not get to Epcot before 10 a.m. then your looking at a 45 minute wait time minimum. And if you get to Epcot after roughly noon, then all of the Fastpasses are gone for the day. Isn't there a way to increase hourly capacity?

2) Dining Plan. The Dining plan is great for some people., but for me it is a pain. Why? Well I am a Floridian and my family and I have Seasonal Passes. So we go up to Disney 3-4 times a year for the weekend. And it is real tough or me to get into a restaurant. If I do not secure a reservation months in advance then we are eating counter service that night. I personally have not eaten in the Le Cellar at Canada in years, because it is always booked.

But overall Disney is 100 times better than Universal could ever be.

Pete C

1) Soarin. I love the ride, it has become one of my favorites. And it has become one of the most popular rides in Epcot. But if you do not get to Epcot before 10 a.m. then your looking at a 45 minute wait time minimum. And if you get to Epcot after roughly noon, then all of the Fastpasses are gone for the day. Isn't there a way to increase hourly capacity?

I have heard on the boards a few times that a third theater is in the works. Aside from that, there is nothing they can do to increase capacity.

mousecrazy2006

Darth

Darth - Free dining may be a pain for you but you at least have the option of going on a moments notice. With the distance we have to travel we definitely plann ahead and make reservations.

DisneyJoe

2) Dining Plan. The Dining plan is great for some people., but for me it is a pain. Why? Well I am a Floridian and my family and I have Seasonal Passes. So we go up to Disney 3-4 times a year for the weekend. And it is real tough or me to get into a restaurant. If I do not secure a reservation months in advance then we are eating counter service that night. I personally have not eaten in the Le Cellar at Canada in years, because it is always booked.

Disney set record attendance in 2007 and will probably do the same for 2008, unless people travel less due to gas prices...although I haven't seen any signs of that yet.

Until they start expanding the number of eating locations on property, I don't see this situation changing - and I don't believe it is all due to the Dining Plan.

MousDad

Unused infrastructure.

(unused buildings, space, attractions, restaurants, etc.) I think WDW should do everything in its power to make sure that all available, existing, useable space has something in it to offer the guest.

Yensid_Robert9

Original Poster
While you think American Idol would be terrible, many people will think the opposite. The same goes with every other thing at Disney. There's something for everyone and no way to make a park where every person will love every part of it. There is no right or wrong, and there is nothing to debate.

Ok, fine, I understand what you are saying, but I'm not saying it's right or wrong to put in certain attractions. What I'm really saying is that as a huge Disney fan it's frustrating to watch lands change and not fit their title, as well as seeing attractions appear that, sorry to say it, seem very "universal" and not Disney.

Even though I personally will probably never be interested in visiting the American Idol attraction, I think it will fit in just fine with the theming of DHS. Now if they would have put it in one of the other parks, then I think it would seem out of place. But at DHS, it fits...in my opinion.

I 100% agree with you. AI anywhere else would be ridiculous. Placement is fine IMO I just don't think it's a real Disney fit.

PoohNTink02

Refurbs

Now don't get me wrong I loved the refurbs on some of our favorite attractions such as PoTc, Haunted Mansion, etc. but they were also good before the refurbs.. Why not take some time to refurb some of the rides that are really in need for example in Epcot many of the other rides have so much potential but are seriously lacking i.e. Figment, Universe of Energy, etc. I wish they would enhance some of the less popular rides so that there are more really fun rides to enjoy

metman

i get fast passes for rides but what annoys me the most is why why why
can they not come up with a system to stop all the tickets going in the first 1 or 2 or 3 hours of the day. Can they not release only 1000 tickets maybe per hour and then you have a choice join the line or wait till the next hour to get in the fast pass line. My partner and me love to go to Disney but her holiday day does not start till 11.00 or 12.00 and sometimes we do not get into the park till 3.00pm and if i want to do a ride like soaring or tot or any of the big rides i have to wait till 6 or 7 pm to do it and just feel it would be more fair to fix the ticket ratio to the time of day. If you get in the park at 9.00 am and grab a fast pass when there is no line i feel you are being greedy anyway if you think i am wrong say so and offer a back up better idea, but i think if letting out a limited amount each hour people would still go on a ride only they would get in the normal Que. rather then getting there kids to run around s__________g up the tickets for the day or adults just to be politically correct.http://forums.wdwmagic.com/images/smilies/confused-smiley-013.gif

EpcotServo

Unused spaces, American Idol, and everything Disney Channel.

So by my track, that being it...they're doing pretty good right now.
:sohappy:

Disneyfan2000

im a little anoyed with the recent video projections popping up all over. The new nemo ride, the bride at the Hm is really cool but she still just looks like one big projection. TSM although sounds amazing is just a bunch of projections, along with Monsters Inc etc.. but thats just me

DivineMadness7

Any time phrases like "Would Walt approve?" are in the mix, it becomes tricky terrain. We really have no idea what he would say if he were still alive even if we try to base it off of his previous choices. I think this sort of talk is often thrown around any time someone doesn't like or agree with something in the parks. These words should be chosen carefully as some of your favorite attractions may fall into this category from someone else's point of view.

That being said, I've never liked American Idol. However, I know other people will really enjoy it. I guess I'm just anxious for the next announcement. Hopefully they will build something of Everest proportions soon. I really love watching the design and construction process, building up the excitement until the attraction (finally!) opens.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I really miss them developing monumental dark rides and attractions.

Everyhing now is very simple in terms of scope, it's there to entertain in a very simple manner.

There's no attractions that strive for deeper meaning or express it on a grand level. I don't know if they're merely unwilling or incapable, but I don't really expect to see anything like Horizons, American Adventure, or the original Imagination from WDI.

I almost feel like they don't understand the depth of those attractions. Like surface level is their forte.

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla

Everyhing now is very simple in terms of scope, it's there to entertain in a very simple manner.

There's no attractions that strive for deeper meaning or express it on a grand level. I don't know if they're merely unwilling or incapable, but I don't really expect to see anything like Horizons, American Adventure, or the original Imagination from WDI.

I almost feel like they don't understand the depth of those attractions. Like surface level is their forte.

What is the most recent monumental (or non-monumental) dark ride built?

prspeppers

Bingo!!!!!!! You hit the nail on the head. Its is nice to know there are people who feel this way.... It's not about being an Epoct purist....its about the messages that transcended the attractions...who we are, where we have been, and where we are going, ect...Something Disney did so well.

kimmychad

I dont realy have a problem with american idol at disney i guess, but why in the world did they wait so long to put it there? its obviously a fad that is fading, so why not cash in earlier?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom