# ok kioses

Jakester

Just give us time, as a part of what I call the "launch team" for MM+ (or MyFail+, whichever you feel) this whole Fastpass+ is still in its early release stages.

rob0519

Just give us time, as a part of what I call the "launch team" for MM+ (or MyFail+, whichever you feel) this whole Fastpass+ is still in its early release stages.

Disney is replacing it's entire ticketing system. In doing so it is inconveniencing tens of thousands of guests per day who have paid approximately one hundred dollars per day to use that system. "Just give us time" doesn't cut it.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
The FP+ kiosk rollout is pretty much complete now. They are doing a few additions and deletions here and there.

The ultimate plan is to have everyone using My Disney Experience. For the few that do not, there will be a handful of kiosks available. It will never be like all the old FP kiosks however.

rob0519

Are there numbers available on what "a few who do not" mean? Even a number as low as 10 percent means thousands of customers a day. What does Disney consider an acceptable wait time in a kiosk queue for these quests in peak season and peak temperatures?

sjhym333

What do you think is an acceptable wait time? I go to the parks all the time and when I used the kiosks I waited less then 15 mins, even on busy days.

rob0519

I have no problem with 10 or 15 minutes, but that's me. It may be too long for others. The question is still what does Disney think is a reasonable wait time. That, not what I think, will determine the number of kiosks. I thought it was a reasonable question after a member of the "launch team" came up with the "just give us time" line.

sjhym333

My observation has been that Disney has seen the lines and the complaints and has added both kiosks and CM's especially over the past couple of months. Will everyone be happy? Of course not. But if you stand on line for even 20 mins and get your 3 FP+, it collectively is probably shorter then going from FP machine to FP machine and you get the perk of choosing your own times and not be beholden to whatever the legacy machines were pushing out at the moment.

Tom

Beta Return
They have all those abandoned FP stations...why not just plop down some FP+ kiosks where the legacy machines sat? They use the same power and data connections, which are already in place. Seems like a no-brainer. Otherwise they'll have a bunch of covered machines or canopies with nothing under them, because I'm sure they're not going to spend the money to tear them all down.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
They have all those abandoned FP stations...why not just plop down some FP+ kiosks where the legacy machines sat? They use the same power and data connections, which are already in place. Seems like a no-brainer. Otherwise they'll have a bunch of covered machines or canopies with nothing under them, because I'm sure they're not going to spend the money to tear them all down.
I have long wondered the same thing. Before the on site kiosks were revealed, I wholly expected they would modify the existing ones. Just seems to make too much sense!

As you said, the infrastructure was already there (power, and I highly suspect copper data lines as well...). Why not?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Unless, perhaps part of their concept is to make it just convenient enough that they can't be said the service isn't offered, but inconvenient enough that people gravitate to handheld devices? The net infrastructure savings for not having to maintain and staff could have been a considering factor?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom