Ohana's Dinner Entertainment

rlaeromech

Original Poster
Can anyone tell me what the entertainment is like at Ohana's Dinner. It is not a character breakfast, just a dinner.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
We have been visitors at least once per trip. The entertainment is hyperactive kids hurtling round the room wielding brushes attempting to open coconuts. All while serenaded buy authentic sounds of cats being drowned, or is it traditional singing?

KKnopf

There are coconut races, limbo and hula dance lessons for the kids... and I forgot what else, :confused: but it had to do with sand pails... My kids loved it, and it gave Mom and Dad a little peace, the the food was great as well.

ENJOY!

withasmile

there was a lady talking, singing, and announcing the events for kids and teaching us how to speak hawaiian. the kids had hula leasons, hula hoops contest and few other things i cant remember.
she only sang hawaiian rollercoaster ride

CoffeeJedi

she only sang hawaiian rollercoaster ride
She sang the Hukilau song for us.

"Oh we're goin' to a hukilau
Huki-huki-huki-huki-huki-hukilau
Everybody loves the hukilau
Where the laulau is the kaukau at the l`au"

Our backs were right up against the kids activity area, but they weren't too bad overall.

We had 8:30 ressies, so OUR dinner show was Wishes at 9:00. They even pipe in the soundtrack, just like at the Cali. Grill.

fmingo36

Ohana's is my favorite restaurant in WDW.

If want dinner entertainment, make sure to make your reservations for a 1/2 before the Wishes fireworks at the MK. They pipe in the music, lower the lights, and you get the best view of the fireworks.

It's always a highlight of my trip.

rainbodragon

when I was there it was mostly entertainment for the kids. the woman who sang was LOUD and grating and marched the kids past us about 5 times and yelled as they ran all over the place. as much as i enjoyed the food, i wont be going back.

a bit off color but the funniest thing was when she had the kids handing out leis (sp?) and yells out (without irony) HEY THAT GUY NEEDS A LEI! we almost died trying not to scream with laughter.:lol:

srd1969

It's either the lady singing, or a Big Hawaiian guy with a ukelele singing lots of songs to the tune of "Small World"... NO LIE!

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
We have been visitors at least once per trip. The entertainment is hyperactive kids hurtling round the room wielding brushes attempting to open coconuts. All while serenaded buy authentic sounds of cats being drowned, or is it traditional singing?
:eek: Really?

Remind me to never attend until I have kids and have more patience! :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom