Offsite Guest Questions

Peter Ko

Original Poster
I don't see this in the FAQ specficially, but we are headed to Disneyworld 1/31/-2/7, exactly during all the FastPass+ transition and I'm a bit lost on what my strategy should be. We are staying off site. So I know
1. for AK, there is only Fastpass+, so I'll have to go to a kiosk on arrival to the park and book my Fastpass+ for the day
2. What about for Magic Kingdom? what will it be like during early feb? will there still be both Fastpass and Fastpass+? Would I have to do the same, go to the Fastpass+ kiosk on park opening to book my Fastpass+ for the day? where is the closest one to the entrance? Any strategy on how to do this?
is there still old Fastpass during my time period?

Any other tips for offsite folks like us? i know this is really confusing during the transition, but even more so for us offsite folks!

Rob562

1) Correct.

2) Honestly, no one outside Disney really knows. All we know is that paper FP is going away in the near-future, but there is no set date. Keep an eye on the main page on here, it'll be a headline.

-Rob

seafoodbuffet

Unfortunately, nobody other than an "insider" is likely to be able to answer most of your questions around when a park will deploy FP+ only until the date is quite near.
If a park goes FP+ only, I imagine that like AK, they will have FP+ kiosks stationed near many attractions. As well, every park entrance will have FP+ kiosks/CMs (across from town hall in the case of MK)

In terms of scoring same-day FP+, my advice would be NOT to try using the FP+ facility near the park entrance as it's likely to have a line. If you choose any of the interior FP+ kiosks (near Micky's Phillharmagic, TomorrowLand, or FrontierLand/AdventureLand shortcut), there's likely to be way fewer people.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom