Odd Soarin' question

Superstretch

Original Poster
Hello. I'm going to the world very soon (in two days...haha!) and had an odd question about soarin.' I'm aware that once on the ride you are lifted 40ft up in the air, but the question is: once lifted that high, does the ride stay stationary, or does it pitch and buck and tilt with what is being viewed on the screen? I'm just curious about how immersive the experience is. Thanks!

speck76

it moves ever so slightly........you will almost not even notice it.

you will feel like you are moving, as the screen is so immersive.....

Dr.Seeker

Speck: Aw, come on that's mean he was being grateful
Superstretch: For Gods sake don't spell incorrectly in the presence of Speck!

lownalo

The angle in which you view what's on the screen will change because of the camera angle, it makes you feel like you are moving.

peter11435

lownalo said:
The angle in which you view what's on the screen will change because of the camera angle, it makes you feel like you are moving.
But the vehicles DO moce slightly. This is obvious if you watch the other rows to your sides instead of the film.

LuckyBug

I just got back from WDW last weekend. We rode Soarin' 3 times and LOVED it all 3 times. We sat on all 3 rows in different sections of each row. I think it is my new favorite at disney now. It is just an awesome experience. Have a great trip!!

bigorangeandy

I don't think that your 40 feet in the air on the top row, but at least about 20 feet. If you are worried about being that high up ask a CM to be on the bottom row. Soarin is now one of our fav's, I would recomend a fast pass, because the line got two hours long the times we went in June.

Disnut

We went on it 2 weeks ago and I was worried about it also. I had a great time on it. It did move a little but not much. Go for it. It is great.

Superstretch

Original Poster
Haha, thanks speck. I can never quite remember how to spell that word. I put an "s" and it looks correct, then I put a "c" and it looks correct--to me:lookaroun --haha. Anyways, I'm very happy with the input you all gave me. Now, off to pack for the world.

CTXRover

bigorangeandy said:
I don't think that your 40 feet in the air on the top row, but at least about 20 feet. If you are worried about being that high up ask a CM to be on the bottom row. Soarin is now one of our fav's, I would recomend a fast pass, because the line got two hours long the times we went in June.

According to Disney, the top row does rise up to 40 feet into the air. It seems so effortless too, especially considering that over 37 tons of steel are being moved during each ride cycle.

peter11435

CTXRover said:
According to Disney, the top row does rise up to 40 feet into the air. It seems so effortless too, especially considering that over 37 tons of steel are being moved during each ride cycle.
Correctomundo

Mad Stitch

Why is it the DL fans rip Soarin’ apart at DCA, but the WDW fans love it at Epcot? It’s the same ride. How can the opinions be so different on each coast?

peter11435

Mad Stitch said:
Why is it the DL fans rip Soarin’ apart at DCA, but the WDW fans love it at Epcot? It’s the same ride. How can the opinions be so different on each coast?
I have never heard DL fans rip Soarin. Most consider it to be the best ride in DCA. All though thats not saying much.

Theresonly1

My family rode in May...we too thought it was awesome! But definately get a fast pass
Also, not to give anything away but... be sure to take it ALL in.

Firewolfe51

loxley44 said:
Thanks for the info as well, my wife is not sure of the ride at all.

My fiance' is completely terrified of heights. She was even about to yell for a CM to let her off the ride just before it started, but she stayed on. She loved Soarin', thought is was great, and would certainly ride again! :sohappy:

oochr1soo

I loved the ride.. It definately moves.. And with the screen being so huge it makes the slight movements seems worse than they are.. but its still awesome.. I would love to get a home theater with a screen that big.. imagine a football game on that thing.. wow lol..

though the screen is rather deceptive.. when you are getting in your seats your like wow the screen doesnt look so big.. but when they lift you up into it.. damn its huge!

Chris

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom