October??

R&RsMom

We are thinking of going to WDW in October (or November) of 2004. Has anyone been to WDW in October or November? If so, which week? How were the crowds and the weather? Also, any problems with mosquitos?

yensid66

We went there the 3rd week of October 2001. The crowds were excellent, meaning not much there. Of course this was right after 9/11 so that could have played a part in that. We like the weather and crowds so much that we are also going in October 2004. We camped at FW last time and I do not remember any problems whatsoever with Misquitos. I would highly recommend that time of year.

Upvote 0

DisneyBound

All of October - November 19 falls into the value season time. Attendance is generally low but be prepared for rehabs...we find something is always closed for rehab...plus the seasonal things like timekeeper are closed. The nice thing is that you could take advantage of Mickey's not so scary halloween party!

Im guessing that halloween week may be a bit busier than the other weeks of October. The temps generally run low - mid 80's during the day and could dip down to high 50's at night but we never had a night colder than 70 on any of our trips. It was perfect swimming weather and we never had a problem with mosquitoes.

We have gotten great deals during value season too...I think its an awesome time to go!

Upvote 0

frazierle

We have been there the last 3 years in October and the beginning of November. My preference would be the last 2 weeks of October. There seems to be alot of folks whom travel from Europe in the beginning of the month and start heading back towards the middle/end of October. We went this year the first week of November and it was more crowded than our previous October trips. (not packed by any means, but people were there). We were told that the state of NJ schools are out that week for a teachers conference. Just to give you an idea we walked onto Splash (my kids and I were the only ones in the log), rode Space 9 times in 1 day, and a couple of times did not have to get off of Buzz to ride again, during our Halloween trip. This past November we waited between 15 to 30 minutes for these same rides, still not bad, but the previous October trip seemed to be better. In fact were planning to go the last week of October in 04. It was much more crowded at the MNNSHP than it was during the normal day.

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Our last four trips have also been in October.

It's a very nice time of the year, weather and crowds, to go. But like others said, be prepaired for rehabs and closures, and rides only running one line.

We've always wanted to do one of the boat rental firworks cruises (Breathless), and for the last two years they decided to rehab in October. :zipit: So there will be things you just can't do because of rehabs.

We've gone three times in the beginning, and this year at the end of October.

The beginning of October is historicly when Disney starts any kind of "celebration". And the end of October (mid) is the beginning of the Food and Wine festival at Epcot.

The hours are shorter as well. So don't expect a firework show at MK every day or even Spectralmagic.

I would say one thing really bad about October. Columbus Day. The worst Day/Weekends I've every been to the world. And mostly at MK, but the whole world suffers. If you can avoid the Columbus Day weekend altogether, that would be a plus. It's deffinatly one of the crowdest days/weekend at WDW of the year. We went from 10 min waits at Splash Mountain to over 60-70 min waits from Friday Saturday. Eeek. It's a slap in the face if you've been there all week, and then show up at MK on Sat or Sun and the crowd levels are at capasity. I do mean full. Last year I heard they closed the entrace at about noon on the Saturday cos' the park was full!

But the crowds are normally low, and you can usally get on to most rides as walk ons or very short (10 min) wait times except for a few selected ones (Test Track and Tower come to mind). We had walk ons for Space, Dinosaur, Bugs, Pirates, etc. Even Mickey's PhilharMagic was a walk on (day or night).

You also have selected days for the Mickey's Not So Scarry Halloween Party.

We enjoy October very much, but will probebly do early December in 2004 for a change. We want to see the decorations. But so far, for all the different months I've visited over the years, October has always been the best overall to go in.

Have fun!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom