October 2003 Honeymoon

Bigsy820

I am getting married oct 11, 2003. Honeymoon at Disney of course. Which hotel do you recomend for honeymoon? Grand Floridian is out of budget. Should we go right after the wedding in october, or wait until November or January? Isnt the food and wine festival in November? Grateful for any advice or personal experiences?:sohappy: :sohappy:

CAPTAIN HOOK

Go for the best that you can afford - definitely avoid the budget hotels. If your looking at a moderate then I would recommend PO - stayed there twice (although not on honeymoon)

Upvote 0

WDWspider

Originally posted by Bigsy820
I am getting married oct 11, 2003. Honeymoon at Disney of course. Which hotel do you recomend for honeymoon? Grand Floridian is out of budget. Should we go right after the wedding in october, or wait until November or January? Isnt the food and wine festival in November? Grateful for any advice or personal experiences?:sohappy: :sohappy:

Oct.11 How Cool, that's my Anniversary. Except I made the commitment in 1997 and couldn't afford Disney at the time.:lol:

Upvote 0

westie

I was married in DL and honeymooned in WDW in Nov. $500. to get married at the hotel compared to $5K to get hitched at the castle. We stayed at the Swan. These things will always be special to you so choose wisely. The food and wine fest was a nice touch. For the ultimate...Disney land and sea.

"This is my little brother, he wasn't on the cruise. Mom calls him the little souvenir." Disney cruise commercial.

And congrats!:)

Upvote 0

MinnieFan

Originally posted by westie

"This is my little brother, he wasn't on the cruise. Mom calls him the little souvenir." Disney cruise commercial.

And congrats!:)

I love that commercial! Havn't seen it in a long time:(

My husband and I went to WDW for our honeymoon too! No matter where you stay, you'll have a wonderful time. Congrats.

Upvote 0

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
We just made this decision ourselves...in fact we're getting married November 8th.

We could save and afford a week at someplace like GF or the contemporary, but we decided on 2 1/2 weeks at the all-stars instead. We'll have plenty of time for....well...whatever....but other than that we're not going to spend too much time in the hotel. :)

Upvote 0

TheTophDaddy

Wilderness Lodge --- No Doubt in my Mind

Honeymooned there in 1995.

Any room, even the cheaper standard view, would be wonderful (though a view of the geyser added a lot for me).

The WL is secluded (it feels like you are millions of miles away from home, the world, the parks, everything).

The WL is romantic (walks around the lamplit grounds are so wonderful, the pool is practically made for couples, and there are water craft so you can cuddle out on the waters of Bay Lake and the Lagoon).

The WL is fun (two great restaurants, the pool, the watercraft, bikes, wonderful theme).

The Wilderness Lodge for my honeymoon was the perfect choice. I can't see how anyone on a honeymoon, when you want to spend time joined at the hip with some privacy, could fail to enjoy themselves there.

Good luck choosing a hotel.

TheToph

Upvote 0

kdibattista

Port Orleans French Quarter

We honeymooned at the French Quarter in 2000 and it was, by far, the best choice we made!!!!! We stayed last year at the CBR and it just did not compare to POFQ.

Upvote 0

mwitkus

Congratulations!!!

We also honeymooned at WDW but couldn't afford to stay onsite... This year will be our time staying onsite and we will be at Wilderness Lodge.. Can't wait!!

Anyhoo.. going in October is a wonderful time.. the lines are minimal, the weather is great... we also go in october if we can, you will have a great time!!!

Congratulations and have a great honeymoon!!!

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Did you try getting a discount at the GF with the disney club? I would suggest Wilderness Lodge with a courtyard view if you cannot afford the GF. It's a beautiful hotel. I had clients who stayed there for their anniversary a couple of months ago, and they loved it. The courtyard view allows you to overlook the pool/waterfall area. It's very pretty at night. And with the geyser going off every hour (until 10p.m.) it just adds to the magic. They do have a lovely honeymoon suite there that has a wonderful sunken tub that has a faucet that resembles a waterfall. There are many other romantic things that disney has to offer.

I work with a travel agency and I also create personal itineraries for customers. If you need a travel agency or would like personalized itinerary planning, please contact me.

Upvote 0

JJHale

Congrats! No matter where you stay I'm sure it willl be magical.

Since a Deluxe Resort is out of range definitely go for one of the Moderate Resorts. My pick would be Port Orleans - Riverside. Beautifully themed, convenient to Downtown Disney and Pleasure Island. Ask for a room in Alligator Bayou, the landscaping makes the lodges seem more secluded and cozy than the Mansion rooms.

Best Wishes!

Upvote 0

dreamer

I'm sure it'll be great wherever you stay. I assume you're the planning spouse since you're already thinking about it a year in advance. If your fiance cares, then talk about what theme might provide the memory you're looking for.

Old Key West is not as hard to book as the other home away from home resorts, so there are frequently good discounts. It's very quiet and the pool is not crowded. On the other hand, Boardwalk has more night life and is so convenient to Epcot, although I don't think it would be cheaper than a deluxe.

If you're into dining, then go economy on lodging and save the money for some romantic meals that you'll never forget. (Although I don't know how thin the walls are at the economy resorts.)

I think that right after the wedding is best, regardless of what's going on at DW.

Upvote 0

Jodigrl328

I thought the Wilderness Lodge had a very romantic atmosphere. It is significantly less than the grand floridian. I would highly recommend it.

8 more days!!! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Sherm00

we were married october 13 2002. My wife is a teacher and we had to wait for august of this year to go. we staied at the dolphin. it was very nice. untill this trip I have always camped so I don't know about any of the oter resorts, from what I hear you cannot go wrong with anything you pick. congrats.

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Congrats!

We were married Oct 12, 6 years ago. We stayed at the Polynesian, loved it. Very romantic at night with the torch lamps, and we sat on the beach and watched the fireworks at MK.

Have a great time!

Upvote 0

lt-hambone

If you can swing it...

We were married last September, and went in November. Why? Well, the value season starts in November (cheapest rates), the lines are shorter, the weather is nicer, and the Food & Wine Festival started in Epcot.

If you can afford it, stay at OKW in a one bedroom Villa. Why? Where do I start...

1) A nice two-person Jacuzzi in your room, very romantic. Just add candles and suds!
2) A large, large LARGE room - one of the biggest on the property!
3) King-size bed - perfect for honeymoons
4) Not one, but two TVs! Oh, wait, you're on your honeymoon... never mind
5) Your own washer and dryer
6) A private screened-porch with nice views
7) Pools are very quiet and nice
8) A fully stocked kitchen means you can safe money by eating in - we did all our breakfasts this way, and it helped
9) Park right out front of your door!
10) Bus stops are very convenient - we never had a problem waiting or riding the busses
11) Take a nice romantic walk to Downtown Disney
12) Very quiet, laid-back resort
13) Did I mention the Jacuzzi in your room?

Yes, the room costs twice as much as a moderate, but you get twice as much. We had the most wonderful time there last November, and would return in a heart-beat.

Good luck, and everyone else is correct. No matter where you stay, you will the most magical time!

Congrats!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom