Oct 8-12

DaleFan85

Original Poster
Anyone know what's going on around the resort Oct 8-12? Was looking to book a last minute trip but none of the hotels appear to be available on or off property. Is it just because its Columbus day weekend?

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Mainly because of Columbus Day Weekend and schools being off due to this. Always brings in a lot of people for this time. We don't arrive until 10/13
so we can avoid most of the crowds from Columbus Day. :)

jloucks

Anyone know what's going on around the resort Oct 8-12? Was looking to book a last minute trip but none of the hotels appear to be available on or off property. Is it just because its Columbus day weekend?

Same thing happened to me last year. WDW told me it is 'convention season' and companies are booking the hotels up during that time period. Seemed couterintuative to me. Many of those people wont be using the parks, and they are taking up slots from those that would.

...or maybe they are forced to get a park pass package. That would make more sense.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Same thing happened to me last year. WDW told me it is 'convention season' and companies are booking the hotels up during that time period. Seemed couterintuative to me. Many of those people wont be using the parks, and they are taking up slots from those that would.

...or maybe they are forced to get a park pass package. That would make more sense.

These groups most likely have to spend a certain amount on meeting space, F&B, etc. WDW will get their money. :)

JourneysEnd

Whenever we had our national sales meetings at Disney, our company always provided park tickets for at least one day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom