Oct. 24 w/Mysteries myths legends tour

AStarOnMars

Original Poster
I divided the following report into Morning, Afternoon, Evening and Tour ...

MORNING

We left San Diego around 7:15am and arrived at Disneyland at 8:30am ... went to guest services to pick up our tickets for the Mysteries, Myths and Legends Tour ... it turned out that our third tour ticket ended up missing from our envelope ... I was standing there until the CM figured out what to do ... I wasn't standing there that long but for my wait she started to fill out a FP type form ... she was going to randomly give me a ride ... but before she wrote one I blurred out SLASH MOUNTAIN!!! and that's what we got the pass for ... I said SM b/c I know the wait is much longer on the weekends ... They never found the ticket so they wrote a note for us to give to the tour guide.

it was 9:30am and DCA opened ... so we got on soarin' and by the time we got off the backlot was open so we went to do ToT ... This would be my Moms first ride on ToT and she was originally going to just ride it on the tour ... but I wanted her to try it now that way if she did not like it, it would not ruin her time on the tour recovering from it. Well, it turns out she did not like it and really thought she was going to die ... after that we did Muppets and ate at Award Wieners

AFTERNOON

We headed over to ITTBAB around noon ... then it was over to Mission Tortilla Factory (it was flour this afternoon) ... my Mom asked for 2 tortilla so she wouldn't have to go around again ... it was time to see if screamin' was open ... it wasn't ... and this was around 12:45pm ... we just walked a long the pier very slow ... around 1:40pm we decided to head to Aladdin BUT by the time we were passing Ariel's Grotto they started test running the coaster cars, so we knew it would open any minute ... so we started standing in line for screamin' ... then we did the Bakery Tour

After this we headed over to Disneyland to see Snow White Musical (only b/c my Mom as not seen it) ... but plans changed and we decided to use our Splash Mt. pass ... this was the first time in a while that my entire pants go soaked ... then we went on TMAOWTP ... then it was off to do some shopping ... I spent $122.45 on some Nightmare Before Christmas stuff ... I was going to get the Nightmare before Christmas game board but I wasn't paying 40 buck for something that looked very cheaply made ... I could have bought 2 game board of better quality for 40 dollars ...

then we did BTMR ... I also have something to say about this ... OK the area in line were the CM takes to FP and then the FP people still have their own line until you get to the bottom of the stairs and it pretty much pick the shortest stairway line ... well, no one in standby were going up the empty right staircase so the people in front of us went under the rope and up the stairs and the people in standby were giving them "THE LOOK" ... My BF and I were about to do the same thing but a bunch of FP people were coming and then the 2 lines were even again ... if I was not so shy I would have told the people at the bottom of the stairs they could go up either one... if no one was in the FP line.

EVENING

Around 5pm we met my Mom at Village Haus Restaurant for some cold-sitting out for a couple of hours pizza and warm salad ...

My BF and I went on the Tea Cups ... while sitting in our cup before the ride started my BF let out a big fart and all of the other tea cups in our area heard ... I couldn't stop laughing b/c normally in cases like this my BF would speed walk a way from the scene of the crime but he was stuck in his tea cup ... other people gave a smile and a chuckle ... it has been a long time seen we had a CM make a race out of who is going faster in thier cups, for my BF and I always like being the fastest ... after this we went over to Aladdin ... then my Mom went off to shop until our tour and my BF and I went on screamin' until the tour time

Mysteries, Myths and Legends Tour

I am going to give a way the spoilers only b/c I do not think there are spoilers like other reviews have hyped up...

We were told over the phone to be at the ToT sign to the left of the ride 30 mins before the tour but our tickets said 15 minutes ... so we decided on 20 mins ... a little after 9pm CM Robert came up to take our tickets and tell us the rules and introduced us to our guide Gracey (I believe this is how it was spelled on his name tag) ... it turns out only 15 (or 16) out of 20 of the tourist showed up ... the first thing we did was go on ToT, we were the last for the night to ride it ... My Mom was kind of scared to ask Gracey if she could sit out b/c he talked very seriously and ghostly ... we were standing on our numbers in the boiler room and saw another tourist asked to sit out so then my Mom asked ... I believe the people to the side of us have never been on and were discussing weather to ride or not (they did ride) ... so as the two group chickens waited for us we did the ride ... Gracey went with us on the ride ... from what I remember Gracey stayed perfectly strait and still throughout the whole ride ... well, after that our bellboy told us we had the chance to ride it again without seat belts ... this is when everyone started looking at each other and half of our group got off ... all of the other bellhops were standing around outside the elevator waiting to all ride the final one for the night ... all of us still left on the ride told them to join us ... so all of the bellhops packed in with us ... one of the guys on our tour said if any hats start flying it's fair game at who catches them ... lol ... and yes we did wear seat belts ... for some reason my belt had a lot of slack which I was unaware of at the time and as soon as we started our drops I pretty much floated completely off my seat which was not the greatest feeling ... after this Gracey told us one of the only stories I could hear for the rest of the night about a man that was a guest at the hotel ... while Gracey was telling us the story we all heard one man screaming his lungs out from the hotel as part of the story ...

We moved on to the area to the left of the sunshine plaza for a story about the Hollywood sign ... many could hardly hear the story b/c of the waterfall/fountain and the California theme music ... then we left DCA ... before entering Disneyland we were given medallions to ward off evil spirit ... Gracey explained Goblins were spirits that took on the form of children so beware and avoid them in the park and Ghouls were spirit that took on the form of women, which I found somewhat offense ... he could have just said humans.

Our first stop was in front of the train station on main street ... we were told another story which I could only hear half of b/c once Gracey turned towards other tourist and towards the GMWML building it was puzzling at what he was exactly saying ... I think we were supposed to hear another scream from a banshee from the building b/c he kept looking at his watch but we heard nothing, laughed if off and move on to board the train ... while waiting from the train we were told another story ... one I heard all the way through ... we had the back cart all to ourselves ... got off in N.O. and told 2 stories within the plaza over there ... One more story by Tarzan's Treehouse ... which again was near running water and was hard to hear ... we got in the FP line for Indiana and before we went in the film room there were some mean comments being made by FP people that had to stop and let us go by ... I gave a dirty smirk to those people b/c what is the difference of 15/16 more people in front of you ... before heading up the stairs (my Mom, BF and I were in the rear of our groups line) I heard a CM in the loading area say here comes the Ghost and Gay Tour ... which I did not find amusing b/c there was no need for that comment ... our tour group took up 2 jeeps, which I kind of liked b/c they were trying to cram all of us on 1 ... Gracey was in the first jeep and my group was in the 2nd ... while heading onto the bridge in the ride I saw the rest of our group b/c of our necklaces ... Gracey was still with no face expressions once again ... the new snake is great... we got off head to the left side of the castle and hear another story by running water therefore I could not hear again ... then it was off to the top of the stairs that leads to the old skyway loading station in Fantasyland for a story ... then it was off the Little Patch of Heaven in Frontierland to hear about the headless horseman ... coming out of that area there was a lite up pumpkin in the stagecoach that was not there before ...

It was time for a story in front of HMH with I could not hear b/c of the music from the mansion ... we got the last ride of the night, after the stretch room Gracey left us and Robert came back saying Gracey had a party to go to and could not continue with the tour ... at this point it clicked in my head that Gracey was a ghost and I thought for such we'd all see him in the party scene on the ride ... when we got to that scene the buggies slowed down but I didn't see anything out of the ordinary ... we all got off Robert informed us Gracey was a special, odd, spirited guy that likes helping out with the night tours or something like that ... Robert took us to the front of Adventureland at exactly 11:22pm and said he had to leave us and we were on our own to leave the park.

Time for opinions:

Me: It was worth $25 ... I would pay an extra 20 next time if we could have some real scares or even met each ride's character like a made up haunted bellhop, Jack and Sally and/or some type of scary character in the Indiana area ... I did not like how I could not here most of the stories even when I was in front of the group ... I never knew how loud the music was at the parks until there were crowds inside ... I would have taken out a couple of stories to ride Indiana and HMH twice ... I did find it funny that the other people in our group were very aware of their surrounded b/c they also thought there would be surprises popping up. I do not know what spoiler people are trying to keep secret but I do not think there was one.

My Mom: Since we and some others in our group have been there since the park opened in the morning she was tried of all of the speed walking from place to place ... my Mom actually gave up as we were walking to HMH and finally made it to our group as we started to enter the Mansion ... she also did not like the fact she could not hear Gracey most of the time ... she told me at least she had something nice to look at (meaning Gracey), even though she had no clue what he was saying. She also felt everyone should have introduced themselves before the tour began b/c it was such a small group.

My BF: He could have cared less about the stories ... he only was up for the tour to ride the rides ... he found it amusing how Gracey would tell stories near water so no one could hear ... my BF did not realize how much running waterfalls and fountains were in the park until the tour ... he does really like his light up jewel necklace and wore it all the way back home ... he did not like how Gracey was leading us around the park, like sharp turns and weaving in and out of places instead of a straight path.

stranger

Thanks for sharing and I've been waiting to read your experience on the tour. I'm going on the 7th and I'm looking forward in seeing Gracey in action. :sohappy:

ToTBellHop

did anyone think to tell him to speak up? I'm sure he would have...sounds like a great tour; I hope they continue it into the 50th so I can take it next August :D

AStarOnMars

Original Poster
No one spoke up for him to speak up ... but then again it being a new tour no one knew what to expect ... I really did not care much for what I could hear of the stories ... same old stereo typical ghost stories ... but I was happy I did it, it at least put me in the Halloween spirit.

From what the cm told my Mom's friend trying to get tickets for the tour a couple of weeks ago, they have only made it seasonal ... something like 1st week in Oct. until the second week of Nov.

LadyDarling

You know, whenever I travel, I usually end up taking a tour - not just Disney ones (in fact, I've never taken a Disney one) and I can almost NEVER hear the guide unless I'm in the front of the pack and then it's a real effort! Even in small rooms like in the Winchester Mystery House!
I think it's a tour guide thing. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom