NY Street Construction Photos

Sean23

Original Poster
18720030616-007-med.jpg

DisneyWonders07

Wow so awesome and totally cool! lolz Hey everyone I haven't been to the WDWMagic Discussion Boards in at least a month and I have to catch up on all of the WDW hoopla going on that I've missed:p Well I'm glad to be back and hope to post a lot more now!!!:D Ok well, ummm *doesn't know what to say* GO WDWMAGIC!!!! ^_^

~BiLLy~:wave:

Ah yes I also turn 16 years old today!! I can finally drive! YAY!! You all better move outta the road cause Billy boi's coming through!!! lolz:lol:

Poncho1973

Originally posted by careship
What's this??? I see a light!!! But alas, no sign of a chair or ladder. What is this world coming to?

DUH! The ladder is painted with INVISIBLE-VISIBLE INK... in a few days (when it's a vital point in the movie plot to see it) the ink on Eddie's shirt will reappear and we will all look up and see the ladder reappear. All the toons in Toon Town will rejoice and the credits will roll.

AndyMagic

I'm confused as to why the New York street facades are being refurbished. Are these new facades or are they just being replaced. I don't understand what this construction has to do with the rumored stunt show.

careship

Originally posted by Poncho1973
DUH! The ladder is painted with INVISIBLE-VISIBLE INK... in a few days (when it's a vital point in the movie plot to see it) the ink on Eddie's shirt will reappear and we will all look up and see the ladder reappear. All the toons in Toon Town will rejoice and the credits will roll.

That explains everything!!!!

Thanks!! I was getting worried. Even though I heard someone road the M:S lawn chair.

imagineersrock

im so lost right now- could you maybe point out where we are talking about on a park map or something, or at least just try and explain..... this isnt on actual new york street- correct?? :veryconfu

Coasterbp

No, the WTC was never on NYS. The only place, that I can think of right now, that you can still see the WTC on Disney property, is in TimeKeeper. They show a futuristic version of NYC and it still has the WTC in it.

Timekeeper

Timekeeper

Originally posted by Coasterbp
The only place, that I can think of right now, that you can still see the WTC on Disney property, is in TimeKeeper. They show a futuristic version of NYC and it still has the WTC in it.

Actually, the shot of the Big Apple, New York New York, takes place "present day" (according to the show's timeline) and it is at night. First, there is a wide shot flying in from the Brooklyn Bridge area and then it cuts to a medium shot closer to the Towers. The medium shot is actually filmed lower than the top floor in the Twin Towers, which gives viewers an amazing view of Manhattan at night similar to what people in the Towers would have regularly seen. It was quite breathtaking.

The "future" shot you mentioned features the Eiffel tower, which 9-Eye flies through during the show's finale.

:sohappy:

Tk

NakedMickey

Well I remember when I used to work at MGM our supervisors told us that many changes were going to be happening and one of them was the refurbishment of the church, (because supposedly it was on the verge of collasping). And the other thing was a rumor of a E-ticket ride being put somewhere on the backlot. I really hope this is true because MGM could use some help in that area.

civileng68

Account Suspended
unreal

Originally posted by grizzlyhall
Wait a sec...those buildings: they are the ones being refurbished, right? And this is all visible to the regular park-goer?? :eek:

if it is, that's TOTALLY unacceptable. With all the stuff they can do, what is it to build a nice wall that will actually cover the facade or do like they did with Haunted mansion and blanket the entire side. if people are seeing that, it surely dampens the look of everything else on the street.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom