Number of days to use ticket

The_Jobu

Original Poster
Apologies if this is in the wrong section, feel free to move it.

When did Disney change the amount of time you get to use all the days on your ticket? I always used to get a 7 day ticket and use the days comfortably over 14 days. Great, no complaints. Now for the privilege of having 14 days I have to throw in an extra 100 each ticket, otherwise I get 8 days to use a 7 day ticket. What a blatant cash grab, I'm usually pretty mellow with Disney price hikes but this really boils my cheese. I'll have to buy a 4 day ticket now and not have any park days on the last half of my trip.

Does anyone have a higher up email address where I can send a polite but disappointed comment about this new ticket scheme? I sent one to the generic ticket help email and just got a boilerplate bounceback that didn't even address my comments.

Appreciate any help, thanks guys.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
It was announced in September 2018 and took effect October 2018.

Not sure of a "higher up" email but if you email the general email address and ask to discuss your concerns they will have someone contact you.

The_Jobu

Original Poster
I believe it changed in October 2018?

Not sure of a "higher up" email but if you email the general email address and ask to discuss your concerns they will have someone contact you.

Hmmmm, that must have been my problem. I never asked to discuss the change, I just said I was very disappointed.

nickys

Premium Member
Apologies if this is in the wrong section, feel free to move it.

When did Disney change the amount of time you get to use all the days on your ticket? I always used to get a 7 day ticket and use the days comfortably over 14 days. Great, no complaints. Now for the privilege of having 14 days I have to throw in an extra 100 each ticket, otherwise I get 8 days to use a 7 day ticket. What a blatant cash grab, I'm usually pretty mellow with Disney price hikes but this really boils my cheese. I'll have to buy a 4 day ticket now and not have any park days on the last half of my trip.

Does anyone have a higher up email address where I can send a polite but disappointed comment about this new ticket scheme? I sent one to the generic ticket help email and just got a boilerplate bounceback that didn't even address my comments.

Appreciate any help, thanks guys.

Are you staying onsite?

If you get a package, your tickets will be good for the length of the package. So if you book a 2 week stay and got a 7 day ticket, it would then cover any 7 days within those 14 days.

The_Jobu

Original Poster
Are you staying onsite?

If you get a package, your tickets will be good for the length of the package. So if you book a 2 week stay and got a 7 day ticket, it would then cover any 7 days within those 14 days.

We usually do a week onsite and then a few days at Universal. This year we decided to do a week onsite, 5 days at Uni, and then 4 days at a moderate to treat ourselves at the end (we only stayed value). Got great deals on the hotels, went to buy the tickets and saw the new policy (sad trumpet sound).

7 park visits in 9 days is just too intense for us, so I'm not sure what we will do. Maybe just do 4 park days?

nickys

Premium Member
We usually do a week onsite and then a few days at Universal. This year we decided to do a week onsite, 5 days at Uni, and then 4 days at a moderate to treat ourselves at the end (we only stayed value). Got great deals on the hotels, went to buy the tickets and saw the new policy (sad trumpet sound).

7 park visits in 9 days is just too intense for us, so I'm not sure what we will do. Maybe just do 4 park days?

Ohhhhhh :(

Well, what about doing Universal first, then instead of doing a week at a value plus 4 days at a moderate, do a week at a moderate? Might save some money even ( thinking 2 nights in a value = 1 in a moderate).

Or do a couple of days at Tampa or Cocoa Beach first for a change? Go to Kennedy Space Centre, you used to be able to get a 2-day pass for little more than a 1-day.

The_Jobu

Original Poster
Ohhhhhh :(

Well, what about doing Universal first, then instead of doing a week at a value plus 4 days at a moderate, do a week at a moderate? Might save some money even ( thinking 2 nights in a value = 1 in a moderate).

Or do a couple of days at Tampa or Cocoa Beach first for a change? Go to Kennedy Space Centre, you used to be able to get a 2-day pass for little more than a 1-day.

Space Centre sounds like a good idea! Probably do a day trip during our POR stay instead of the parks. Still fun.

UNCgolf

They used to sell no expiration tickets; they were the best. I once recharged a park hopper from 1 day to 4 days when checking out and then didn't use it for like 8 years, but when I finally went back, I had a prepaid 4 day ticket ready to go. Made the trip much cheaper.

The_Jobu

Original Poster
Well, they never replied to my email. That seems unlike them, they usually at least send out boilerplate. Maybe I should email again?

I figured a work around would be to buy a 10 day ticket even though I only need 7 days. Cheaper than 100 bucks each at least.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom